Home | Search | Help | Advertising | Contact Us | Bookmark and Share

NukeWorker.com, Nuclear Jobs & Nuclear Resumes
Ed Newbauer
WM2015 CONFERENCE MARCH 15 - 19, 2015 PHOENIX CONVENTION CENTER
Ed Newbauer

NukeWorker.com, Nuclear Jobs & Nuclear Resumes

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Forgot your password?

Related:

Nuclear Jobs
  Nuclear News

OSHA HAZWOPER
  Outage Schedules
  Gold Members
  Donate
  Nuke Shop
  Advertise

People online
61 Guests, 1 User

phonics
View members:
View All Members
View By Letter
Search for User
View Top Posters

NukeWorker Forum
Oct 22, 2014, 08:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ed Newbauer  (Read 3842 times)
nukedog
Moderate User

Look at the head on that thing!

View Profile WWW
« on: Jun 08, 2007, 04:11 »

Ed Newbauer passed away today at Browns Ferry, Ed had begun his career in the Nuclear Navy then came to Browns Ferry. Ed was unique guy, good worker and will be missed by all at the Ferry.
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2007, 05:54 by Rennhack » Logged
rumrunner
Moderate User

Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2007, 04:34 »

Yes, it was a somber day at Browns Ferry for the RP Department.   Ed was a friend of mine.   He was one of the first people I met at Le Ferry when I came here in 1984.  Truly an accomplished man....ETCS in the Navy (he was not a nuke though....he worked forward).....BS in Electrical Engineering from UAH....MS in Health Physics from Georgia Tech.  And of course he had a family and we all are thinking of them at this sad time.   I'll certainly miss those phone calls: "Dave...Ed Newbauer....what's happening?  Heard anything good?  What's going on?"

Dave
Camella Black
Moderate User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 2007, 10:42 »

Yes, it was a somber day at Browns Ferry for the RP Department.   Ed was a friend of mine.   He was one of the first people I met at Le Ferry when I came here in 1984.  Truly an accomplished man....ETCS in the Navy (he was not a nuke though....he worked forward).....BS in Electrical Engineering from UAH....MS in Health Physics from Georgia Tech.  And of course he had a family and we all are thinking of them at this sad time.   I'll certainly miss those phone calls: "Dave...Ed Newbauer....what's happening?  Heard anything good?  What's going on?"

Although I did not know Ed, it is clear from your post that you thought a lot of him. It nice to know that in this day and age that a man can come forward and say "he was my friend and he will be missed". I will send prayers out for his family and his friends as well that they know peace.
rumrunner
Moderate User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 09, 2007, 06:16 »

Thank you, Camella, I appreciate that.  The irony is that Ed was not a very emotional person - he was always in one state of mind....that being to accept whatever was happening at the moment and accept it because he knew more than anyone that there really wasn't much that could be done to change "the moment".  Thus he never wasted a lot of time being offended.  Perhaps a lesson for the rest of us.  He was a man who was at ease with his life, knew his time was coming, and was at peace with the inevitable.  Ed had numerous health issues.  As he often told us..."I am the longest living male in the Newbauer family history!"

Dave
LaFeet
Very Heavy User

No Cheese Please

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 21, 2007, 10:55 »

Please tell me that Ed did not serve long at Kings Bay Georgia..... 

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.  ~Elmer Davis

Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value.
~Albert Einstein
rumrunner
Moderate User

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 23, 2007, 04:16 »

I don't think Kings Bay existed as a base during Ed's Navy time.  He retired in the 70's.

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: