Home | Search | Help | Advertising | Contact Us | Bookmark and Share

NukeWorker.com, Nuclear Jobs & Nuclear Resumes
Options with uncertain discharge date
TravelTax.com
Options with uncertain discharge date

NukeWorker.com, Nuclear Jobs & Nuclear Resumes

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Forgot your password?

Related:

Nuclear Jobs
  Nuclear News

OSHA HAZWOPER
  Outage Schedules
  Gold Members
  Donate
  Nuke Shop
  Advertise

People online
56 Guests, 1 User

Grizzly757
View members:
View All Members
View By Letter
Search for User
View Top Posters

NukeWorker Forum
Apr 24, 2014, 01:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Options with uncertain discharge date  (Read 2224 times)
jlcnuke
« on: Mar 24, 2008, 04:18 »

Background on me:
12yr nuke MM(SS).  MLPO, AQAO, SPU, 6yrs on Sub.
Current:
Being med boarded out for condition that disqualifies me from sea duty but rarely interferes with my ability to work.

The problem I have at the moment is not having a timeline.  I'm being told anywhere from 4-6 months for the med board process to be completed.  Once the med board is over the doctor said I'll have somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 weeks until discharge, but I won't have a discharge date until the med board is complete.  From what I've read/heard/been told, no companies are even going to consider interviews or my resume until I have a set discharge date. 

This brings the questions: Are there plants classing up in the fall for operators?  How difficult is it to get into outage work quickly if unable to start a full time job relatively quickly?  Is there other work in the field that I haven't considered?

With the current housing market I don't realistically expect that my house will sell quickly and will need to supplement my savings to cover costs until the house is sold so finding an income quickly will be a major factor in my job hunt initially.  Waiting 4-6 months to class up in January is not really an option without some temporary work that will cover my expenses where I'm working and pay the mortgage until I can sell the house.  Any advice would be appreciated
Broadzilla
Probation

Best Band Detroit Music Awards, 5 Years Running!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2008, 05:18 »

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,13864.msg76827/topicseen.html#new

This might help you some with the Med Board Process. I'm an expert on Med Boards!!

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: