Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Quick questions  

Author Topic: Quick questions  (Read 4793 times)

Offline InfoGlutton

• Lurker
Quick questions
« on: May 05, 2008, 02:26 »
I'm leaving for Great Lakes in three weeks, and I had a couple of questions about the Nuke program and I happened on this site and I've been stuck to my chair for a long while now (Very engrossing reading, although I can't pretend I actually comprehend all the acronyms and in-jokes). So, the questions:

1) I thought I knew the possible jobs in the nuke field (ET, EM, MM) but from reading I guess there are more?
2) When are those chosen/assigned?
3) If a Nuke is going sub, when, where, and for how long is the submarine training?
4) I have an account in collection right now, which I am making payments on and which I will pay off when I finish training and get my bonus. My recruiter has told me that since I am paying on it and will have it paid off after training, it shouldn't affect my security clearance. It's a small debt (under $4k at this point) but coupled with all my student loans and the fact that my credit is not great (600 or so), do I have any reason to be worried? Other than the money thing, I'm squeaky. No drugs, aced the ASVAB (NUC line 271), never left the country, born in the USA, call my mother regularly, etc. So, if I'm just being my normal worrywart self, please tell me so.
5) If anyone has gone to NNPTC while married, is there an average turn-around time for getting moving leave to get my wife down to SC?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help. It will help ease my mind, as I do have a tendency to get nervous when things start seeming to go well. 

JustinHEMI05

Re: Quick questions
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 02:32 »
I'm leaving for Great Lakes in three weeks, and I had a couple of questions about the Nuke program and I happened on this site and I've been stuck to my chair for a long while now (Very engrossing reading, although I can't pretend I actually comprehend all the acronyms and in-jokes). So, the questions:

1) I thought I knew the possible jobs in the nuke field (ET, EM, MM) but from reading I guess there are more?
2) When are those chosen/assigned?
3) If a Nuke is going sub, when, where, and for how long is the submarine training?
4) I have an account in collection right now, which I am making payments on and which I will pay off when I finish training and get my bonus. My recruiter has told me that since I am paying on it and will have it paid off after training, it shouldn't affect my security clearance. It's a small debt (under $4k at this point) but coupled with all my student loans and the fact that my credit is not great (600 or so), do I have any reason to be worried? Other than the money thing, I'm squeaky. No drugs, aced the ASVAB (NUC line 271), never left the country, born in the USA, call my mother regularly, etc. So, if I'm just being my normal worrywart self, please tell me so.
5) If anyone has gone to NNPTC while married, is there an average turn-around time for getting moving leave to get my wife down to SC?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help. It will help ease my mind, as I do have a tendency to get nervous when things start seeming to go well. 

1,2) Those are the jobs. There are spin off jobs like welder and ELT for MM that will be chosen and explained to you in more detail at prototype. If through your reading here, you decide you would like one of those jobs, then bust your butt, stay out of trouble and make your desires known through the entire pipeline.
3) There is no special sub training for nukes, unlike for the coners.
4) As long as you are 100% truthful, you will be fine. It sounds like you are so you needn't worry.

Thanks for your service.

Justin
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 02:35 by JustinHEMI »

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 02:34 »

This is a good trait to have in the navy nuke world. If things seem to good or going too well, then you can be sure that some major screwage is coming soon so you can prepare. :)

Justin

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 10:05 »
Not to steal mikes thunder, but perform a search please. Hell, search MY posts. Many cover and answer your questions directly.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 12:43 »
Not to steal mikes thunder, but perform a search please. Hell, search MY posts. Many cover and answer your questions directly.

Thanks for showing up about 24 days late.  ;)

Justin

Offline cincinnatinuke

• Chemistry Technician CCNPP
  • Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 07:44 »

Justin

Yeah didnt this guy say he was leaving in 3 weeks more than 3 weeks ago? ;)

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 08:08 »
Yeah didnt this guy say he was leaving in 3 weeks more than 3 weeks ago? ;)

Yes I believe you are correct.  :P

Justin

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 05:46 »

Justin

hahaha :D Sorry, I tried! I dont read post dates very much lol.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 07:38 »
hahaha :D Sorry, I tried! I dont read post dates very much lol.

We know. :)

Justin

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?