Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu New to Navy Nuke, Info. on NAPT. honeypot

Author Topic: New to Navy Nuke, Info. on NAPT.  (Read 3852 times)

gj117974

New to Navy Nuke, Info. on NAPT.
« on: Jul 12, 2010, 05:15 »
Nevermind, thanks for the help...but since my internet was out before the test....I really didn't get to read, but thanks anyways to all who posted!
« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2010, 10:43 by gj117974 »

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
Re: New to Navy Nuke, Info. on NAPT.
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2010, 10:20 »
1. That's about right, although the physics is mostly covered in a high school physical science class.
2. It depends on your background and what kind of test taker you are. I did fine on mine 17 years ago and took it before HS physics, so you should be fine.
3. Relax. Get a good nights sleep. If you've been reviewing and studying up until now, refresh on how to work problems tonight and then take tomorrow off.

Good luck. Hopefully I'll see you as one my students at NPTU in a couple years.

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2010, 10:37 »
Sherman, set the Way-Back machine to 12 years ago.

If my memory serves correctly, the first question I came across had to do with chemistry.  Started off looking VERY difficult until I got to the actual question in which they simply wanted to know what the arrow was pointing to on a standard element block on the Periodic table and what it meant(I think it was the atomic number of lead or another element).  Seeing as I took it on very little sleep and on the same day I did everything that was required at MEPS(ASVAB, Medical, etc), I don't remember a lot of the test.  I do know that I hadn't done physics or chemistry in over a year but managed to pull down a 57 on the test with no studying.  Your best bet is just to go over some of your basic chemistry and physics stuff again, brush up on your math like algebra and exponents, and most importantly, remember to read the ENTIRE question before answering.

"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

Offline Fadge

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Jul 15, 2010, 03:04 »
I just took the NAPT on Tuesday this week after scoring a 90 asvab and 243 line score. Coming in to taking the test I read up and was told there was Alg 2, Chem, and Physics. I never took Physics in my life so those were the tough ones for me but mostly it was easy math and general knowledge science questions.

1. So on the test there was geometry, algebra, general knowledge science, and physics and chemistry solutions that were basic.
2. I scored a 60 and needed to score a 50 w/o taking physics so if you prepare you should pass. Don't stress out about it go in calm and relaxed and just imagine yourself passing and you will succeed.
3.Like I said above: sleep well, relax and go in confident.

gj117974

« Reply #4 on: Jul 16, 2010, 10:40 »
Yeah, i took it a few days ago....it wasn't as hard as i thought and i ended up getting a 68 on it.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?