Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Written statements for the Navy Nuke program? Updated

Author Topic: Written statements for the Navy Nuke program? Updated  (Read 6764 times)

Offline apricohtyl

• Very Lite User
Another question I'd like to ask about is the written statement I'm told I'll have to compose for the Nuke officer after taking the ASVAB and NAPT.

Just curious, what exactly she I put? Does it have very much weight?

I basically want to join the program because I want to challenge myself - physically and academically - in a field that strongly interests me and that I think is incredibly important for this generation and generations to come. Eventually, I want to use what I learn and experience in the Navy to pursue an advanced degree and eventually teach others of the benefits of Nuclear power - whether it be in a university setting, or teaching future sailors.

That's the gist of it. Is that the sort of statement that would go well?

UPDATE: Just as an update, the written statement doesn't seem to hold that much weight at all. It isn't as important as ASVAB line scores, and is more important than "has no bearing whatsoever". But it did seem to lean heavily toward "has no bearing whatsoever".

I was asked first to give a short (3-8 sentence) statement on why I was interested in the navy nuke program. On day two at MEPs, I was asked to write another statement about what I've been doing since I graduated from college just shy of a year ago. The overall impression I received from my recruiter, the job counselor, and the MEPs nuke recruiter was that not a single person would ever lay eyes on those written statements again.

« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2014, 12:22 by apricohtyl »

Offline cheme09

• Moderate User
Re: Written statements for the Navy Nuke program?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2014, 12:13 »
Are you trying to go the nuke officer route? If so, I suggest you find an officer recruiter.

If you're taking the ASVAB and NAPT, you're going down the path of enlisting. Those tests have nothing to do with applying to OCS for nuke officer.

Offline apricohtyl

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2014, 08:53 »
Are you trying to go the nuke officer route? If so, I suggest you find an officer recruiter.

If you're taking the ASVAB and NAPT, you're going down the path of enlisting. Those tests have nothing to do with applying to OCS for nuke officer.

Oh I know. I'm not going officer, I'm going enlisted. When I say "for the nuke officer" I only mean for the Nuke representative at MEPs. I apparently have to write a statement of why I want to join the Navy and another about why I want to go Nuke that goes to the Nuke representative on site. I didn't mean to allude to the Officer programs.

Offline cheme09

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2014, 02:06 »
Ahh, yeah, makes more sense now. It was late and I was nearing my 72 hour limit, so excuse my degraded reading comprehension.

Offline apricohtyl

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: Apr 20, 2014, 07:45 »
Haha no problem at all dood. Knowing now what I meant, do you have any input for me? :p

Offline 93-383

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #5 on: Apr 22, 2014, 10:59 »
I couldn't tell you how much meaning they have now. Couldn't have been very much value when I joined by in 99.... the folks at MEPS just made me copy word for word a letter they had on file. Looking back now its funny to see how little the program practiced what it preached.

Offline mars88

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: Apr 22, 2014, 12:28 »
That paragraph suggests you just want to do your 6 years and get out.  They might not want to see that in your paper.

And that "nuke officer" is likely a senior enlisted who would be offended by you addressing him as an officer--and never call him "dood".

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #7 on: Apr 22, 2014, 09:31 »
Just curious, what exactly she I put? Does it have very much weight?

Haha no problem at all dood. Knowing now what I meant, do you have any input for me? :p

50 quatloos against the newcomer... [hypno]

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #8 on: Apr 24, 2014, 09:33 »
Code: [Select]
And that "nuke officer" is likely a senior enlisted who would be offended by you addressing him as an officer--and never call him "dood".
I would also caution that if you would ever cross paths with the Big Lebowski - definitely dont call him the "dood". He prefers the dude.
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2014, 09:37 by fiveeleven »

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #9 on: Apr 24, 2014, 05:49 »
Or perhaps El Duderino, if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?