Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu He Hunted Osama bin Laden, He Breaks Into Nuclear-Power Plants honeypot

Author Topic: He Hunted Osama bin Laden, He Breaks Into Nuclear-Power Plants  (Read 6587 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
He Hunted Osama bin Laden, He Breaks Into Nuclear-Power Plants

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/05/the-infiltrator/359818/

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
Interesting.
Call Before You Dig!

HeavyD

As is almost always the case, the more interesting (i.e. entertaining) reading is in the comments section for these "news" articles.

Offline mars88

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Exactly.  The one by 'robert miller' had me in stitches.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
As is almost always the case, the more interesting (i.e. entertaining) reading is in the comments section for these "news" articles.

I had read the article but not the comments until now. I would offer Mr. Fury advice from my signature line. ;)

Offline mars88

• Moderate User
Well, on the professional soldiers website, they too have a dim view of this guy.  And nobody really even knows if he exists, and if he does, in what capacity (special ops, author, entertainer, fraud).   Googling the name brings in very little info.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Well, on the professional soldiers website, they too have a dim view of this guy.  And nobody really even knows if he exists, and if he does, in what capacity (special ops, author, entertainer, fraud).   Googling the name brings in very little info.

Can't speak for him but he has a fairly large footprint when I look for him.

Offline mars88

• Moderate User
But that "footprint" is all about his books and TV appearances.  No Wikipedia entry, no investigative piece, no service records, no biography, no... .

Hell, in that clip he looks like a 'Duck Dynasty' member.

« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2014, 12:25 by mars88 »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
But that "footprint" is all about his books and TV appearances.  No Wikipedia entry, no investigative piece, no service records, no biography, no... .

Hell, in that clip he looks like a 'Duck Dynasty' member.

Wikipedia Battle of Tora Bora

Fury's account[edit]

The first US team to enter the Tora Bora mountain range
A former Delta Force commander, using the pen name "Dalton Fury", who fought at Tora Bora, wrote that bin Laden escaped into Pakistan on or around December 16, 2001. Fury gives three reasons for why he believes bin Laden was able to escape: (1) the US mistakenly thought that Pakistan was effectively guarding the border area, (2) NATO allies refused to allow the use of air-dropped GATOR mines, which would have helped seal bin Laden and his forces inside the Tora Bora area, and (3) over-reliance on native Afghan military forces as the main force deployed against bin Laden and his fighters. Fury states that, as it was Ramadan, the Afghan forces would usually leave the battlefield in the evenings to break their day-long fasts. He suggested this allowed the al-Qaeda forces a chance to regroup, reposition, or escape.[12]
In an October 2008 interview on 60 Minutes, Fury said that his Delta Force team and CIA Paramilitary Officers traveled to Tora Bora after the CIA had identified bin Laden's location. Fury's team proposed an operation to attack bin Laden's suspected position from the rear, over the 14,000 foot-high mountain separating Tora Bora from Pakistan. He said unidentified officials at higher headquarters rejected his proposal. Fury suggested dropping GATOR mines in the passes leading away from Tora Bora, but this was also denied. Fury and his team approached the suspected position from the front and were within 2,000 meters, but withdrew because of uncertainty over the number of al-Qaeda fighters and a lack of support from allied Afghan troops.[13]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tora_Bora
His web site promoting his book

http://www.daltonfury.com/
Amazon.com listing his book

http://www.amazon.com/Dalton-Fury/e/B001J93AUS
Again there is the 60 minutes piece I posted in previous piece.
Dalton Fury's Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/dalton.fury1
Interview of Dalton Fury

http://ethanjonesbooks.wordpress.com/2012/11/15/10-questions-with-dalton-fury/
Interview on SOF site

http://sofrep.com/1408/interview-with-former-delta-commander-dalton-fury/

::)

Offline mars88

• Moderate User
Exacty--it's all promotional.  Nothing legit.  No deep background investigation.  He's the Tony Robbins of the army.
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2014, 01:27 by mars88 »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Exacty--it's all promotional.  Nothing legit.  No deep background investigation.  He's the Tony Robbins of the army.

...and there will not be  ::) nor will there be any for the members of his team. That is why he came on camera as a "Duck Dynasty" lookalike, but there is plenty of footprint and apparently recognition by credible organizations.
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2014, 04:11 by Marlin »

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
Why can't I find the military records for a special forces soldier in the public domain?? ;)

BuddyThePug

From the title of the article, I thought it was about Broadzilla....  8)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?