Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Felony honeypot

Author Topic: Felony  (Read 6441 times)

Offline arw2818

• Lurker
Felony
« on: Jul 23, 2014, 11:24 »
I have a non-violent felony conviction from 2001. Lowest felony level. Is it possible for me to work outages on a housekeeping crew? Can I get security clearence?

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
Re: Felony
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2014, 12:33 »
I'm sure graphic needs to answer this one, but I have worked with 2 guys who were RP techs that claimed they had felonies.  One guy was about 45 and said he had been in jail for stealing a car in the around 1990.  I have no idea how you go about checking into this besides calling nuclear plant security.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2014, 01:03 »
I'm sure graphic needs to answer this one, but I have worked with 2 guys who were RP techs that claimed they had felonies.  One guy was about 45 and said he had been in jail for stealing a car in the around 1990.  I have no idea how you go about checking into this besides calling nuclear plant security.

This.

Offline Radwraith

• Heavy User
  • How much am I getting for this?
« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2014, 06:10 »
According to what most security people I've talked to say; The key is disclosure. Discuss openly and honestly with your potential employer about your situation. Depending on time since occurrence and severity you may still be able to get in. The biggest thing is DON"T LIE about it. They will find it! And if you didn't tell them first, you're hosed!!!
Remember the seven P's: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Jul 24, 2014, 02:52 »
I'm sure graphic needs to answer this one....

However, yes you can get in. I personally know someone who served time for a severe felony and is now a utility employee. I am sure that there is a specified "waiting period" from time of incident to time you apply for UA. I am not going to guess on that, Graphic will know and share that info when he answers the thread.

Offline arw2818

• Lurker
« Reply #5 on: Jul 25, 2014, 08:32 »
Thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback.  :)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?