Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Fiery crash shuts down I-75

Author Topic: Fiery crash shuts down I-75  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Fiery crash shuts down I-75
« on: Aug 27, 2014, 06:06 »
Fiery crash shuts down I-75

One of the trucks had a placard on it that said "radioactive." Officials do not know what it was carrying, but are taking precautions. That is another reason that the interstate was completely shut down after the accident. Hazardous materials crews are on the scene.

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/traffic/2014/08/27/fiery-crash-shuts-down-i-75s-in-campbell-county/14695041/

Offline 61nomad

• Moderate User
Re: Fiery crash shuts down I-75
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 2014, 10:33 »
At one point, THP says there was concern one of the trucks may be carrying radioactive material because the truck had a placard on it saying "radioactive." THP has since confirmed there was no radioactive material involved in the crash.

Not sure what to say about that.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2014, 10:48 »
At one point, THP says there was concern one of the trucks may be carrying radioactive material because the truck had a placard on it saying "radioactive." THP has since confirmed there was no radioactive material involved in the crash.

Yellow does not show up well. Thanx for the update.

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2014, 12:41 »

Often, trucks have multiple placards that fold over - you need the Radioactive one, flip past the Hazardous / Flammable, etc.
That may have been how the radioactive placard was present - it got flipped in the accident...
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 28, 2014, 12:51 »
Often, trucks have multiple placards that fold over - you need the Radioactive one, flip past the Hazardous / Flammable, etc.
That may have been how the radioactive placard was present - it got flipped in the accident...

Perhaps, this article has updated several times with new info over the last day. It was pretty quick that the HazMat teams verified there were no radioactive material involved.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?