Pilgram

Above Average
20 (31.3%)
Average
18 (28.1%)
Below Average
26 (40.6%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Pilgrim  (Read 126735 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Pilgrim
« on: Nov 30, 2002, 07:12 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Pilgrim
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2002, 08:58 »
Talk About: Pilgrim

moodusjack

Re: Rate Pilgrim
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2002, 11:11 »
New England's Number One hot spot...yah yah yah.  I enjoyed myself for the 14 years I was there as a housepuke.  Good pay, great living by the ocean, marvelous parties.  Bad news, this place is a wrecking machine for Contractors.

Pet_Cow

« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2002, 08:41 »
Pilgrim is a site? I thought it was a retirement home for Road Techs.

rlbinc

« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2002, 09:38 »
I lived in Plymouth, thought it was great.
Good people, great food, outstanding Irish pub.
Whale watching was cool, PYM is a great airport if you like to fly.
Fenway Park was a hoot.

Make sure your car insurance is good, I chose to drive a beater truck. Full contact merge lanes.
Lots of Left-Handed-Coffee-Drinker-Right-Handed-Cell-Phone
type drivers. They USE horns and guardrails.

Good Mun, Lotsa Fun

Pet_Cow

« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2002, 04:05 »
I lived in Plymouth, thought it was great.
Good people, great food, outstanding Irish pub.
Whale watching was cool, PYM is a great airport if you like to fly.
Fenway Park was a hoot.

Make sure your car insurance is good, I chose to drive a beater truck. Full contact merge lanes.
Lots of Left-Handed-Coffee-Drinker-Right-Handed-Cell-Phone
type drivers. They USE horns and guardrails.

Good Mun, Lotsa Fun

Ah yes, traffic circles and pulling your car half way across the road to make a left hand turn, blocking traffic.  What idiots.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2002, 11:39 »
one of the few places where aggressive driving is yer first mode of defensive driving. road rage is the norm, flipping middle digits is useless as it increases the chances of spilling yer own coffee, 'n nobuddy outside of yer vehicle cares.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

duke99301

« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2002, 10:39 »
humm I do not know what the rate there is for hp. but a safety office asked me for the upper 40 an hour range, and 550 a week in diem, thing is I makeing $1190 a week for diem in boston , seems a little low to me right now!
but I had a blast there in 93, its the last time I ran into Dirty Murdy. whats up with him?

Offline Luscious

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Re: Talk About: Pilgrim
« Reply #8 on: Apr 26, 2003, 01:04 »
;) The site everyone forgot :o

Offline llamagramma

• FSS SR RP Tech/ Decomissioning
  • Light User
  • Have you kissed a Llama lately?
Re: Talk About: Pilgrim
« Reply #9 on: Apr 26, 2003, 04:04 »
The Llamas are working  here at Pilgrim , living on the beach on the cape.

DesertRad

Re: Pilgrim
« Reply #10 on: Jan 27, 2004, 12:42 »
Last Time there was 2001. Good night life. The Ocean is outstanding. A few nice people really stood out, Jerome, Joe and Bernie. Oh yeah Marie Rossi (Bartlett Recruiter) was working dosimetry, that alone was worth the price of admission!!!!!

rapid

« Reply #11 on: Jan 28, 2004, 02:22 »
 8) 8) 8) worked there in '81, bartletts first contract there for hp's.

the site and myself had a mutual agreement for me to terminate, had  a blast while i was there.

GOD BLESS all

rapid ray

roadhard

« Reply #12 on: Jan 29, 2004, 05:38 »
I was there in the late 90's. The RP Supervisors were good guys - but the place was a dump.

Could never get out of the RCA without crapped up shoes, CRD banks dripped continually, they had to build wood scaffold deck around risers to do ISI, they never modified the safe end barrier - so it was hand stack concrete block (incredible amount of exposure), the hand crud on the stairwell hand rails in the office building management occupied was thick enough to cut with a knife, in the same office building you could do radiocarbon testing on the dust bunnies, the carpet was worn down the center with fillet weld like dirt slopes and the stalagmites & stalactites in the microwave ovens would turn off a rat. The lunchroom ceiling tiles were caked in nicotine. Just a vile vile place with no pride. In short - the most vile Nuclear site in the nation.

I told the Night Shift Ops Supervisor about "take your daughter to work day" and dared him to bring his kid there, just to tour the office building. Fifteen minutes later my Supervisor showed up asking if I wanted an early lay off - 5 minutes later I was in the body counter.

Maybe they cleaned it up under new ownership.

Anybody got an update?

garycom

« Reply #13 on: Feb 14, 2004, 11:54 »
Worked there last spring on the refuel floor. Good bunch of people to work with.  I lived on the cape, enjoyed the seafood, and hated the traffic circles!

Asa1

« Reply #14 on: Feb 15, 2004, 10:10 »
Worked there in 99 in the drywell for Ron Passalugo. Had a great time. Got treated great for a lowly con. Hector was also very cool to work for/with. Would go back.

doctormoo

« Reply #15 on: Jun 07, 2004, 09:30 »
theres a koa on 44 in middleboro i believe
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2005, 06:48 by Duke Nuker »

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #16 on: Jun 09, 2004, 06:10 »
I heard the word strike out there somewhere? 

Sounds kind of funny when they stage their contingency plan before they do a sit down with the bargening unit! 

Anybody know if they are paying the Seasonal Per Diem of $158.00 a day?

Inquiring Minds want to Know?

remowil55

« Reply #17 on: Jun 12, 2004, 07:10 »
Hey Rad-Ghost: 150 a day for the first 30 days. 1000 bonus after training, another 1000 if they go on strike. 36.5 cent a mile in/out no cap. Remo

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #18 on: Jun 13, 2004, 04:45 »
Sounds like a nice chunk of change for the Summer, but " Be Careful   :D "!  Maybe they'll be paying the same at the next outage?  :-\

Take care, keep us posted!

hatched

« Reply #19 on: Jul 13, 2004, 05:22 »
At this  point in time, as in TODAY!!!, information about the contract HP pay, per diem, etc....  should remain confidential.  Releasing info about this situation only endangers the contract HP's that are involved in this contract.  Someone amongst the contractors, feels the need to let the whole world know what is going on.    PLEASE THINK !!!!!!!!  This may be over soon and then you can talk all you want!!!!!!!!!!!

hatched

« Reply #20 on: Jul 13, 2004, 05:29 »
Hey Rad-Ghost: 150 a day for the first 30 days. 1000 bonus after training, another 1000 if they go on strike. 36.5 cent a mile in/out no cap. Remo
  This is not correct info.........and at this point in time, the  correct info will not be publicized (by me, anyway) and also, don't believe everything you  read!!

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #21 on: Jul 14, 2004, 03:54 »
Hey Hatched,

What's the Skinny?

This site is a great venue for sharing information in the Technician sector, such as this thread!

Did you ever stop and think?

Maybe the information is true, for the other techs!

Makes you wonder, RG   

IPREGEN

« Reply #22 on: Jul 14, 2004, 05:06 »
An agreement was reached between the company and the union

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #23 on: Jul 14, 2004, 09:45 »
An agreement was reached between the company and the union
\

Good to hear.  Hope it was a fair one that can be lived with.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

hatched

« Reply #24 on: Jul 14, 2004, 05:02 »
Sorry....but wrong info again...an agreement has not been met, only proposed.   It will be voted on July 15th at 11:00 pm

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?