Quad Cities

Above Average
11 (28.9%)
Average
7 (18.4%)
Below Average
20 (52.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Quad Cities  (Read 47259 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Quad Cities
« on: Jul 22, 2001, 07:29 »
Talk About: Quad Cities

« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2007, 12:51 by Camella Black »

DainJer

Re: Quad Cities
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2002, 01:55 »
any newer updates to the Quad List? what was the comment about goats and quad?  lol

DainJer

« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2002, 03:58 »
lol...goes to show, anielsen...respond to your phone messages:) i left one for ya today asking about prices *wink* no return call yet...ill check messages in a few minutes.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Quad Cities
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2002, 07:51 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

DainJer

Re: Talk About: Quad Cities
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2002, 10:27 »
One of the highest "dose" plants for union contractors...i worked 4 outages prior to quad...and the single outage at quad surpassed the doses recieved at the other 4 outages.
on the good side...i hear there building permanent
"break rooms" for the contractors...i spent way to much time in the bartlett trailer....they need a larger place and more seating for sure .

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2002, 10:41 »
I spent way to much time in the bartlett trailer.

You had better be careful, people will start to think you hang out with HP's.... at work, here.... where does the insanity end?

DainJer

« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2002, 10:47 »
i hung out in the bartlett trailer because they couldnt ever get an RWP right...or we dosed em out as quick as they created them...or waiting for a TEDE.  or waiting on an briefing. you had to resign on RWP's 2 to 3 times a night
it was Rev. city...there were seriously RWP's with 8 and 9 revisions.
Hang out with HP's? i was put here to keep an eye on you people!!! its a dirty job but somes gotta do it  (ev)
[smiley=deal.gif]  [smiley=eye.gif]  [smiley=zzwhip.gif]

DainJer

« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2002, 05:28 »
i should warn myself and you(add)about our quad cities talk<--mike of rule 1,3,9....but then you would only point out rule #10....your favorite im sure
:Þ~

Reddy

« Reply #8 on: Mar 15, 2003, 12:12 »
Whatever happened to Dave Cook?
::)  ;)

rlbinc

« Reply #9 on: Apr 19, 2003, 07:45 »
Quad Unit 2 declared an Alert based on a stuck open Power Operated Relief Valve. They manually scrammed at 95 degrees Torus Temperature, the relief valve remained open long enough to raise Torus temperature to 118 degrees with RHR running in Torus Cooling Mode and the subsequent rapid depressurization violated the Reactor Coolant System 100 degree per hour Cooldown rate.

The PORV did close during the plant cooldown.

The plant was in Cold Shutdown (<212 degrees) in 7.5 hours.

The NRC dispatched a Special Inspection Team.

Quad has three types of Safety Relief Valves on their Main Steam System. Electromatics, Target Rocks, and PORVs. The plant was recently Power Uprated .

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #10 on: Feb 23, 2005, 01:11 »
It has been a while since I have been there, but one thing you should be aware of.
When I was there, the meat processing plant stunk up the whole area. Stay on the Illinois side if possible. The Iowa side seems to have a stronger smell.

xavier4255

« Reply #11 on: Mar 09, 2005, 10:14 »
There's some talk about an up coming outage how many day's dose anyone know?

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #12 on: Mar 10, 2005, 06:27 »
The outage is scheduled for about 35 days, starting 3/21.  But, hold on.  The steam dryer replacement is postponed.  Apparently the dryer is ready, but the QC paperwork is lagging by months.  This afternoon's rumor (note that it is only a rumor) is that they are going to try to swap it in July.  Sounds suspicious to me, though.  Why would they shut down in the highest demand period of the year? 
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

rawtech

« Reply #13 on: Mar 11, 2005, 03:44 »
I spent one outage there. Throw all of your experience out the window RP's. You're there as a body only! And don't even try to slow production for safety.....Industrial, or radioiogical. THEY WILL NOT HAVE THAT!! Personally, I like trying to do my job. Out there thatwas impossible to do. If you don't mind getting a good paycheck while walking around with blinders on, you'll have a GREAT outage. Sorry, not my style!               RAWTECH

Austria

« Reply #14 on: Mar 12, 2005, 05:16 »
Official word on the outage is that they will continue as planned MINUS the dryer replacement. They have not yet determined a date for doing the dryer yet.

That is according to a printed memo distributed by Exelon.

Kokokel

« Reply #15 on: Sep 26, 2006, 09:38 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.
QuadCities is not a bad plant to work.  House Supervision is very reasonable, and Barlet Supervision is always the same and very helpful-good people.  Plant is high dose, people are fair with conractors.

foreverajr

« Reply #16 on: Sep 28, 2006, 11:17 »
I always enjoyed working at Quad Cities.  The people there are great, both house and contractors.  It is probably one of my favorite plants to work.  The plant is really high dose though. 

vikingfan

« Reply #17 on: Jan 04, 2007, 08:04 »
Does anyone know if the outage is still scheduled to start on the 4th of may ?  I believe thats the date i saw. does anyone have any details on the length of the outage and what work is being done this time around ? Also if anyone has any good info on lodging.

wlrun3@aol.com

« Reply #18 on: Jan 04, 2007, 01:23 »
Does anyone know if the outage is still scheduled to start on the 4th of may ?  I believe thats the date i saw. does anyone have any details on the length of the outage and what work is being done this time around ? Also if anyone has any good info on lodging.

Quad Cities 1
Cordova Illinois 5/4/2007 3 weeks Shp 18.1, Jhp>9mo's Tricia ext 1268...super 8 motel, 1552 welcome court dr., leclaire, iowa, 563 289 5888, 800 800 8000...new...near...utility rates...

vikingfan

« Reply #19 on: Jan 04, 2007, 01:55 »
hey thanks for the info ! i hadn't planned on getting bartlett info for the site though.

Tech A

« Reply #20 on: Feb 26, 2008, 09:27 »
Why is Atlantic asking for techs at Quad?   I thought all the techs from Clinton were suppose to go there in the "Deal or No Deal" with Bartlett.   Don't tell me that some techs were able to break off and go to other sites without filling all the Quad slots.
« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2008, 09:28 by Tech A »

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #21 on: Feb 27, 2008, 08:38 »
Why is Atlantic asking for techs at Quad?   I thought all the techs from Clinton were suppose to go there in the "Deal or No Deal" with Bartlett.   Don't tell me that some techs were able to break off and go to other sites without filling all the Quad slots.

Beau - to answer your question these are unplanned openings, Quad opened slots last minute (Monday of this week). 
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline DJ@Retired

• Moderate User
  • Just Win Baby! Well Maybe Next Year!
« Reply #22 on: Feb 28, 2008, 06:34 »
Better to say "The new NRC new work rules are making them hire more people" and EXELON is being to force to hire more or do without, which is not a option in the days of 17 day outages..
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A great friend will be sitting next to you saying "Dam, that was Fun"

Chemistry Nuke

« Reply #23 on: Mar 24, 2011, 08:29 »
Quad  has made lots of improvements and their dose rates have dropped significantly. Its a great place to work.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #24 on: Aug 01, 2015, 12:42 »
In chronological order, stay tuned for further developments:

29 May 2015 526 pm EDT/2126 GMT
Exelon to decide fate of Quad Cities nuclear power plant in September: CEO

http://www.platts.com/latest-news/electric-power/louisville-kentucky/exelon-to-decide-fate-of-quad-cities-nuclear-21526498

Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:59pm EDT
New power rules may preserve Exelon nuclear plants in Illinois

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/30/us-usa-nuclear-idUSKCN0Q42IV20150730

07/31/2015 | Thomas Overton
Quad Cities Nuclear Plant May Be Retired

http://www.powermag.com/quad-cities-nuclear-plant-likely-doomed-exelon-says/

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?