Career Path > NRC

Radwaste-Does it still exist?

<< < (2/2)

Limited Quanity:

--- Quote from: Broadzilla on Feb 08, 2007, 02:28 ---
Here the Radwaste Operator is assigned via the Shift. It changes every shift week.
--- End quote ---

Nascar,
Many cycles ago we did have AUO's assigned to Radwaste at SQN on dayshift (Clift & Waylon).  They even had a supv. in OPS over them.  Between the OPS folks, the RP tech, radwaste laborers, and the RW shippers it was easy to call it a Radwaste Dept. 

In realtime it is just like BZ says, it's just a matter of who drew the straw for the AUO's.  The face can change from day to day.  Up the river I've noticed they usually keep the same person on for the rotation or maybe he likes the Aux Bldg. but that's 3-4 days max.  The only constant for radwaste is usually the Radwaste RP tech or the Energy Solutions tech.  SQN's RP has been assigned to radwaste since the early 90s and WBN's has been around for awhile too.  Don't know if that is what your looking for, hope it helps! 

UN2910

Nuclear NASCAR:
Limited Quantity,
I'm at Callaway and we've still got Radwaste techs who operate the Radwaste control room, do the shipping, control releases, etc...   We've been told that it's inefficient though the guys don't have much down time at all and take a lot of pride in what they do by doing it well.  Just trying to figure out where we stand with the industry.

I appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Tom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version