Career Path > General

Ex Navy ELT with BS in Chemical Engineering from University of Washington

(1/5) > >>

mbrasi:
I'm new to the forum and I was wondering if I could use my Chemical Engineering degree in the nuclear field.  I'm graduating in 3 mos. and I know that working in the nuclear industry will pay more than starting as a chemical engineer, but I would like to work in the nuclear field and apply my degree as well.  Is there anyone out there who would know what types of positions I could qualify for?  I was in charge of training, WCS, and was dose supervisor on an aircraft carrier. 

Fermi2:
So you have no real experience.

Have you tried reading this thread before posting?

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,10123.0.html

Mike

hamsamich:
you could always be a chemistry supervisor, or an engineer, I don't see a whole lot to choose from though for chemical eng. specifically.  just a guess though.  I've only worked in ops, HP and chemistry, so I don't know much about engineering side of it.  there are plenty of things you could do, but putting that chemical engineering degree to good use might be tough.

hamsamich:
don't mind Bzilla, he just wakes up on the wrong side of the bed everyday.   ;D  He is just implying in his usual "way" you haven't worked in commercial yet.  but your experience qualifies you for all kinds of stuff in the commercial world, you will have no trouble getting a job, but getting one you want spec. might be tough.  good luck!  jim

mbrasi:
Yes, I've read that post before I posted.  I searched for Chemical Engineering but I don't have the time to read every single post if that's what you are implying.  I wish I had the leisure to spend a couple of hours reading everything. 

I understand that I have no "real" experience.  From reading your other posts it seems that I might be just as qualified or even more qualified as you were when you left the Navy.  I don't understand why you would even post if you didn't have anything helpful to say.

I've been offered jobs in the Nuclear industry that pay great but I'm trying to find out if I can use my degree in the nuclear field because I might take a job that pays less that is strictly Chemical Engineering related.  If you can help me with that it would be appreciated but if not you don't have to be an (fill in the blank) and tell me off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version