Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu RST-new here  

Author Topic: RST-new here  (Read 7395 times)

kruz

RST-new here
« on: Feb 15, 2007, 08:41 »
I have been lurking for a few days and have yet to read anything abut new RST's..am I in the wrong place? I gotta admit, I sure have gained some very useful knowledge..but wanted to find something more job related..if anyone can guide me in the correct direction I would sure appreciate it!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: RST-new here
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2007, 08:54 »
RST could mean anything.

kruz

« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2007, 10:48 »
Reactor Service Tech...more definitvely remote camera operations for inspections.
Hope that helps!

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2007, 10:54 »
So what direction do you want to go in? There are many in the RCT field.
Call Before You Dig!

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2007, 10:55 »
So what direction do you want to go in? There are many in the RCT field.

Correction RST field.
Call Before You Dig!

kruz

« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2007, 03:39 »
Just looking for info in that field and maybe someone who is performing that type job.

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #6 on: Feb 16, 2007, 03:56 »
Well, I've been an "Reactor Services Tech." for 18 years now.Done everything from reactor disassembly/reassembly,fuel movement,fuel inspection,recon,reactor CET mods,quick-lok mods,etc...Also did some dry fuel storage gigs(in various capacities.Done valve work too.There's a s**t load of jobs for a RST.There's still a few companys out there.
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2007, 09:10 by Nuclear NASCAR »
Call Before You Dig!

kruz

« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2007, 07:43 »
the position I was offers was IVVI...just wondering if I start at level 1-T what my possibilities are for advancement. Just be nice to talk to someone who has been there/done that!

vikingfan

« Reply #8 on: Feb 16, 2007, 08:29 »
    I too have been involved in various activities from disasembly,reasembly IVVI,to moving fuel, component mods and upgrades and also doing core shroud inspections. your work can take you to plants all across the united states,to taiwan,japan and switzerland to name a few of the countries. as far as advancement you will start as a rst mainly being a camera handler after xxx amount of hours doing IVVI support you may advance to a level II after completing a 2 week course given by employer such as areva or GE ect. hope this helps you.

kruz

« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 2007, 08:38 »
Viking Fan- you have answered many of my questions. Thanks so much for your response.
I would like to ask a few other questions, is it OK to post an e-mail address on this site? 

vikingfan

« Reply #10 on: Feb 17, 2007, 08:56 »
you can email me at vikngfn1@netzero.com

kruz

« Reply #11 on: Feb 17, 2007, 09:03 »
Just sent you an e-mail! Hope you get it!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?