Career Path > Getting in

RST-new here

<< < (2/3) > >>

kruz:
Just looking for info in that field and maybe someone who is performing that type job.

fueldryer:
Well, I've been an "Reactor Services Tech." for 18 years now.Done everything from reactor disassembly/reassembly,fuel movement,fuel inspection,recon,reactor CET mods,quick-lok mods,etc...Also did some dry fuel storage gigs(in various capacities.Done valve work too.There's a s**t load of jobs for a RST.There's still a few companys out there.

kruz:
the position I was offers was IVVI...just wondering if I start at level 1-T what my possibilities are for advancement. Just be nice to talk to someone who has been there/done that!

vikingfan:
    I too have been involved in various activities from disasembly,reasembly IVVI,to moving fuel, component mods and upgrades and also doing core shroud inspections. your work can take you to plants all across the united states,to taiwan,japan and switzerland to name a few of the countries. as far as advancement you will start as a rst mainly being a camera handler after xxx amount of hours doing IVVI support you may advance to a level II after completing a 2 week course given by employer such as areva or GE ect. hope this helps you.

kruz:
Viking Fan- you have answered many of my questions. Thanks so much for your response.
I would like to ask a few other questions, is it OK to post an e-mail address on this site? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version