Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Q clearance and being caught with drugs entering canada honeypot

Author Topic: Q clearance and being caught with drugs entering canada  (Read 5070 times)

richardcranium

I am currently starting a new position which will require a Q clearance in the future.  I was looking through Form86 and am not sure how to answer the question "Have you ever been charged with or convicted of any offense related to alcohol or drugs?"

In the summer of 2001 I was caught with 0.5 grams of pot at the Canadian border (entering Canada from US).  The Canadian border agents simply confiscated the pot and let me continue on into Canada, no fine or anything.  As far as I know I was not charged with anything, though I am sure that the incident filed somewhere in the Canadian legal system.  How far does a Q clearance investigation go, will they check Canadian records?  I want to answer honestly but I don't want to volunteer any extra information. 

After getting caught I decided that my causal use was just not worth it and have never smoked any since.

Any advice?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: Q clearance and being caught with drugs entering canada
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2007, 08:32 »
Well Dick,
    Answer the question honestly, if you did not receive a summons or were detained the answer would be no. That being said you will find other questions that you will have to fess up on. Bottom line is just answer the questions and be honest.

Hope that helps Mr Head.

richardcranium

« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2007, 01:48 »
thanks for the reply, does anyone know if the investigation looks into Canadian records?  I guess I may have to inquire with Canadian authorities and see if I do indeed have a record.  Also If I did volunteer the information would it effect my chances of getting the clearance?  I don't want to lie on any question but I don't want to volunteer anything either..

Richlard

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2007, 01:58 »
Trustworthiness is the best way to go. If you don't put it down and they find out they will think you are hiding something. If you can convince the investigator that you have indeed quit then you should not have a problem.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2007, 06:49 »
not sure how to answer the question "Have you ever been charged with or convicted of any offense related to alcohol or drugs?"

if you are charged, you will know.  there will be paperwork telling you of a court date, complete with location, date, and time.  at a minimum, there would be paperwork of a citation nature informing you of where to mail the money to pay the fine for the offense with which you are charged.  there is always paperwork.  especially for aliens.  which you were at the canandian border.   if you are convicted, you will know.  especially if you didn't make any payments on the fine. 

quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?