Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu unemployment pilgrimage

Author Topic: unemployment pilgrimage  (Read 18918 times)

vikingfan

unemployment pilgrimage
« on: May 29, 2007, 04:08 »
 i am soon to be making my pilgrimage to boston, ma to file my unemployment claim. I just need to know if anyone has any good recomendations for a hotel, thats in a good location to either the airport or the unemployment office ?

LaFeet

Re: unemployment pilgrimage
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 04:54 »
i am soon to be making my pilgrimage to boston, ma to file my unemployment claim. I just need to know if anyone has any good recomendations for a hotel, thats in a good location to either the airport or the unemployment office ?

Why go to Boston????  You could go to a number of other sites that might be better for you.  Holyoke is my favorite... and its loaded with hotels

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 06:23 »
I do it all in one day, Take early flight out land in Boston before noon.  Have unemployment done before 4  and fly out by 6.  I was home by 10.    No luggage to check.  Just SSN of my children, Dates of Birth, Addresses phone numbers of where I worked.

vikingfan

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 08:34 »
thought that while i was there i might stop by a few nigth spots and maybe the sam adams brewery !!

Offline ruth13

• Sr Dosimetry Tech
  • Moderate User
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 08:45 »
I went to the Salem office- we made a long week-end of it - took the subway into Fenway for a tour, and sightseeing.  It was a good get-away after a long outage. Salem was only about 20 min from the airport and we stayed at a Springhill Suites that was actually in Peabody. Close to restaurants, etc.....Talked to Mass Unemployment today and first check is being mailed tomorrow.
'We do not believe if we do not live and work according to our belief."
Heidi Wills

illegalsmile

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 11:07 »
Some people may prefer Amherst (site of UMass), but JJ, I think you'd enjoy a trip out to Provincetown  :-X

vikingfan

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 07:13 »
thanks wayne ! i'm flying into boston so hopefully thats just a short cab ride away.

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 08:03 »
If you want to stay, that is fine.
I flew into Providence on Southwest, rented a car, drove 15 minutes north to the unemployment ofice, stayed there for an hour, turned in my car, flew back home.
I think it cost me around 400 bucks out the door.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 11:34 »
I would fly to Hartford and take a cab to Springfield. About 15 minute cab ride from the airport.  And there is a lot in Springfield to do. Check it out and good luck.

vikingfan

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 01:59 »
was suppose to make the trip with a friend but we both bought tickets to boston so maybe springfield will be on next years trip. until then i'm heading to boston was just curious which office was best to use and any tips on hotels from the airport.

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 02:12 »
210 south street office is good in Boston. You can take the cab there for about 20 bucks.  Take the Silverline back  to the airport. The silverline does not take you there directly and is about a block from the office.  I did not want to chance it so I took a cab there.  You can ask the lady at thedesk where the silverline terminal is,  If i remember right it is,  A right out the door, go about a block and take a right.  go another block and you will see it across the street. But ask to make sure. It has many restaurants there to.  You can eat after you put in your claim if you have time and silverline it back to the Airport. You can also probably look up where the buses stop and pick out tourist spots and hotels that are convient if you want to stay more than a day.  Silverline is 2 dollars for just one trip, If you wan to stay they have other rates for day or 2 I recall.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 02:14 by thenukeman »

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 09:36 »
The Pilgrimage to Massachusetts of Nukeworkers is like the pilgrimage of Muslims to Mecca. I plan on another Haj in January, I will have my jeep pointed to the promised land of Massachusetts. Instead of Allah Akbar which is God is Great in Arabic, I will be saying in Arabic, Massachusetts Akbar!!  Massachusetts is great!!! 

Fermione

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 09:12 »
If you are looking for some where nice to stay ($$$), the Millenium is gorgeous.  Right at Quincy Market and just minutes by cab to Logan.  Right next to the North End and all the history one could appreciate.
Fermione

Offline llamagramma

• FSS SR RP Tech/ Decomissioning
  • Light User
  • Have you kissed a Llama lately?
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 07:48 »
We finished up the Yankee Rowe project in MA recently and only had to drive about an hour from our  house to North Adams, MA to sign up. After a couple checks, put in for a change of address and then the checks come right to our door. Gotta go, storm is flickering lights.

Offline tls629

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #14 on: Jun 01, 2007, 05:16 »
Was just wondering if you have to have an address in Massachusetts to file for unemployment or can i use my address in Florida?  How is the unemployment in Washington State?  That is where we are at now and it would be so much easier to apply for it out here then heading to Mass.  Anybody know?  Thanks :)

vikingfan

« Reply #15 on: Jun 01, 2007, 06:02 »

jowlman

« Reply #16 on: Jun 01, 2007, 09:31 »
No you don't need a local address to file. All you need to file in any state is to physically be in the state when you file and to have work in more than 1 state in your claim year. Washington does have a high payment, but Mass is the highest. You'll need to do the math to figure if it is worth it to you.

vikingfan

« Reply #17 on: Jun 01, 2007, 10:29 »
you can fly into boston then take the silvertrain to the government center  near south station. i think its called and the job net office is like to blocks from south station. also the max right now is 575 plus 25 per dependent child, your wife or husband does not count as a dependent. hope this helps.
« Last Edit: Jun 02, 2007, 08:58 by Marlin »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?