25 (56.8%)
Pay to have it done
17 (38.6%)
Wife/whatever
2 (4.5%)
don't do it, buy more
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Laundry  (Read 14561 times)

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
Laundry
« on: Mar 04, 2007, 10:18 »
I have to do my own.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
Re: Laundry
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2007, 12:21 »
I usually take two weeks worth of socks and undies with me and a weeks worth atleast of clothes in general....when youre switching to scrubs as soon as you get in things like jeans and shirts can be reworn.  Then when its time I just haul it all to the wash and fold.  Usually runs about 20 bucks or so for a large large load and they actually do things like separate it and fold it that I would never do if I were doing clothes at a laundry mat on my only day off.

toz

« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2007, 03:25 »
I go weekly and combine it with washing my truck.  Put several loads in at the coin op laundry mat, go wash the truck.  Come back and throw clothes in the dryer, go out and detail the inside of the truck.  If I'm lucky I can fit a run to the grocery store in.  Of course when I am home the truck is lucky to get washed once a month.

Charles U Farley

« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2007, 06:39 »
I go weekly and combine it with washing my truck.

If that is the case, it would be more efficient to hang clotheslines in the bed of your truck and was each simultaneously, kill two birds with one stone.

kaveman32

« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2007, 08:53 »
heck there is nothing better than the day off laundry run and hopefully your day off isnt saturday or sunday then your negotiating the locals for the washer and dryers...what fun.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 07, 2007, 09:05 »
What else could you possibly think of to do?
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #6 on: Mar 08, 2007, 06:42 »
Day 1) Wear underwear
Day 2) Wear underwear inside out
Day 3) Hang underwear up to air out and wear 2nd pair of underwear
Day 4) Wear 2nd pair of underwear inside out
Day 5) Hang 2nd pair of underwear up to air out and go back to 1st pair of underwear

Repeat.
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

stownsend

« Reply #7 on: Mar 08, 2007, 08:42 »
If you turn underwear backwards in and out you can get two extra days.

kaveman32

« Reply #8 on: Mar 08, 2007, 09:56 »
What if you wear thongs

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #9 on: Mar 08, 2007, 10:20 »
If you turn underwear backwards in and out you can get two extra days.

Good point but what I am getting at is with the air-out period you could potentially get a whole outage out of it...I'm gonna quit now.  Wait, I had another thought, Commando!
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

toz

« Reply #10 on: Mar 08, 2007, 11:22 »
I know you and I've seen your truck, who do you hire to wash the roof?
heheheheheh
 ;D

Funny GLW.  I would hire some raiders fans but they are hard to find, those that haven't committed hari kari are all in therapy 24/7.

greengoo

« Reply #11 on: Mar 18, 2007, 09:57 »
Have to do my own, no one else will go near it.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #12 on: Mar 18, 2007, 05:04 »
eye usta dew da coin op laundry, pickin one wit a tavern close at hand.  then i hadda do a drop off because eye wuz compleatlee outa clothes.  da tab fer da wash 'n fold wasn't hardly enny moorin watt eye spent at da quarter drop.  'n eye had much mor phree thyme two dew watt eye wanted.  whenever eye wanted it.   ;)
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #13 on: Mar 18, 2007, 06:29 »
Well Henry does his own unless I'm with him and then we both share the chore. I still run a laundry room at home: you know when ever the kids come home they ALWAYS bring dirty clothes. I have several rules here:

1. Don't touch my clothes, I pay too much for them to be dried or dyed.
2. Don't over fill the machine!
3. Don't put a load on and leave it.

Rule number 3 used to be hard for one of our room mates way back at T.P. in the Eighties, he finally got it when I took his wet clothes out and dumped them in his room.

Oh, and I almost forgot rule #4.

4. If you find it, you keep it. This rule has paid me and others well throughout the years. I however did give up the $100 someone once left.

greengoo

« Reply #14 on: Mar 18, 2007, 10:38 »
If that is the case, it would be more efficient to hang clotheslines in the bed of your truck and was each simultaneously, kill two birds with one stone.
The acid from certain articles might eat the paint.

LaFeet

« Reply #15 on: Mar 19, 2007, 08:32 »
Just take'rem back to WalMart... :P  Its just as easy to wear new ones as it is to wash'em.  And cheaper tooo ;D  (Naw  I do my own)

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
« Reply #16 on: Jun 23, 2007, 09:42 »
The ratwife of course, why else would I have married her-------I mean other then hum a good tune.
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?