Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Radiation Protection salaries - how do they compare honeypot

Author Topic: Radiation Protection salaries - how do they compare  (Read 13668 times)

South_African

What I am looking for is how does the annual salary of a Senior Radiation Protection compare to other jobs. Would they for instance get more or less than an operator or a maintenance technician just to use an example. Any comparison would be welcome.

Thanks

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
Re: Radiation Protection salaries - how do they compare
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2007, 01:44 »
where iam house at....it is somewhere in the middle of those 2.
Ops(EO's) make the same wage but don't get the Over time HP's do...Maint. get TONZ of OT!..so they end up making more at the end of the year.
Hope that helps.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2007, 02:01 »
When I was with FPL, all of those positions were represented by the IBEW. Senior HP Tech made the same as a topped out Maintenance Craftsman and within a few cents per hour of AUO. Licensed operator, Maintenance Foreman (and I&C Digi-spec) made more an hour. Positions above that were outside the bargaining unit, so individually negotiated.

OT varied between groups at different times.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

illegalsmile

« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2007, 06:14 »
Contract HP Techs make about the same as the cafeteria workers in most plants.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2007, 06:45 »
Contract HP Techs make about the same as the cafeteria workers in most plants.
Yeah, but we get to play with duct tape.
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2007, 12:51 by Rennhack »

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2007, 11:35 »
Yeah, but we get to play with duct take.

ya allwaze git da good stuff!  all eye gots iz dis dup tact.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline sclong51

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2007, 10:49 »
PG&E had a posting for a house tech the end of February, starting pay just over $36/hr.  The current outages going on seem to range from $22/hr to $28/hr with per diem from $70 to $112.50 to none.

It is hard for me to believe that wages are not higher.  When I worked at a project in the St. Louis area they paid the Sr techs $26/hr, but the laborers were getting $28/hr.  In IL tech are getting $25/hr, journeyman electricial $38/hr.

It is hard to believe that tech pay isn't higher.  Most of the house tech at the plants I have worked at are making more than $30/hr.

Don't start with the PerDiem thing.  Skilled workers (ie electricial, pipefitters, welders, etc) are all making $35/hr or more.  When you work 6/12s, get $25/hr $100/day you get $2900/wk.  When you you are getting $35/hr you are getting $3080/wk.

I guess most senior don't consider themselves "skilled" and are happy with getting less than the individuals emptying the trash.

What will it take for techs to say enough.  With or without PerDiem we should be getting $40/hr or more.  I believe companies would bid more if the techs would just agree they are worth more.

What will it take for techs to make more?

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2007, 11:49 »

I guess most senior don't consider themselves "skilled" and are happy with getting less than the individuals emptying the trash.

What will it take for techs to say enough.  With or without PerDiem we should be getting $40/hr or more.  I believe companies would bid more if the techs would just agree they are worth more.

What will it take for techs to make more?

Gosh, I wish we had a thread on this site where we all talked about that!
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?