Career Path > Salary Questions

Nuclear Worker Wages

(1/9) > >>

uf6man:
I am a Union employee of the only UF6 conversion facility currently operating in the United States.  We are getting ready to renew our contract in June 2007.....we are now being treated as a Nuclear Facilty instead of a Chemical Plant by the NRC.  Can anyone give me an average pay scale for Operators in a Nuclear Plant?  This information would be greatly appreciated by myself and my Union Brothers & Sisters.  Quality Union Work!   

Rad Sponge:

--- Quote from: uf6man on Mar 11, 2007, 11:30 ---I am a Union employee of the only UF6 conversion facility currently operating in the United States.  We are getting ready to renew our contract in June 2007.....we are now being treated as a Nuclear Facilty instead of a Chemical Plant by the NRC.  Can anyone give me an average pay scale for Operators in a Nuclear Plant?  This information would be greatly appreciated by myself and my Union Brothers & Sisters.  Quality Union Work!   

--- End quote ---

Impossible to answer if you are applying a general wage to "Nuclear Operator".

So many variables.

I am going to throw out 25-35 bucks/hr to cover an experienced non-licensed plant operator.

Starting out maybe 22-28 an hour depending on location.

I work at a privately owned plant, so I don't have to factor in paying the union vig, i mean union dues, so I am not sure how a private wage converts into union wages.

thenuttyneutron:
This is a hard question to answer.  I made about 33% more than my theoretical wage on a 2000hr/year.  The overtime from a long outage and a bonus skews the real wages from what you should make at 2000 hr/year.

M1Ark:
$30/hr straight time is a good average for being fully qualified non-licensed operator.   +- $3/hr for cost of living.

Mike McFarlin:
Good wages, good career, who could ask for anything more?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version