Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Deb Sass  

Author Topic: Deb Sass  (Read 21494 times)

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Deb Sass
« on: Mar 11, 2007, 05:45 »
I am very sorry to say that I just heard that Deb Sass was killed in a car accident today on her way home from work at Vogtle. She was not feeling well, left work early and never made it to where she was staying (just a few miles from work.) I have no further details at this time, but I will post anything I hear. If anyone knows anything about services please either post the details or let me know by email or IM. My heart feels like it is made of lead.

Edited to correct facts.
« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2007, 07:48 by RDTroja »
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Re: Deb Sass
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2007, 05:59 »
I am at a loss for words, one of the best friends I had in the world is gone. omg please tell Dawn her daughter to contact me or someone Please. Either through im here or email at camellablack@hotmail.com

I have calmed down some, not much though. I called Henry and we both cried I am not ashamed to say. Debbie was a very good friend to us through the years and even if we didn't talk for a year or two we always reconnected. I loved her like family maybe even more. My children will not know what to do.

They were blessed by being loved by people like Debbie and Joel, J.D., Timmy, Uncle Billy Mahoney and many more through there life on the road.

« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2007, 06:29 by Camella Black »

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2007, 09:09 »
So sorry to hear this news. Worked with her at Brunswick in 2004. Her friendship will be missed by all.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

morwyn

« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2007, 10:27 »
Hi everybody, it's me, Dawn, Debbie's daughter. I'm afraid I'm not posting much right now, kind of reeling and I'm not thinking clearly. I will post with service details and if you all have any questions, please ask. I'll answer the best I can.
My email address is moonmagicmystic@hotmail.com.

jjordan

« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2007, 10:51 »
We are all very sad here at Brunswick.  :'( We always looked forward to seeing Debbie during our outages. She was always such a pleasure to work with. We will miss her very much!
JJ :'(
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2007, 04:01 by JJordan »

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2007, 01:40 »
Like with most of you, this news took me completly off guard.  Debbie called it how she saw it and put me in my place on numerous occaisons, but always in a professional way.  She was always a pleasure to talk to and to do business with.  She will be missed.  Our hearts go out to Dawn and the rest of her family and friends in this their, time of loss.

Eric
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

J Peck

« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2007, 07:24 »
 :'( What a loss so many of us feel, our "lil Deb" gone from us. I just talked to her on Tues. and we had made plan's for after her outage. It seem's there's so little time. She was such a big part of so many of our live's. To her family our heart's are with you. I miss my "little buddie" so very much....

Gottnuked

« Reply #7 on: Mar 13, 2007, 08:43 »
I cannot express the sorrow in my heart for Deb's loss. As with those of you who have expressed yourselves on this posting, there are countless others who are experiencing the same thing. The thing I'll remember her the most for is her love of dogs; especially homeless ones. She rescued a sick, flea-ridden dog from Florida City while she was at T.P. and made sure the dog was transferred to a no-kill shelter to be adopted later.We all loved you and will miss you dearly. Godbless.

morwyn

« Reply #8 on: Mar 13, 2007, 04:19 »
Viewing to be Saturday March 17 2007 from 1-4 pm @ Young & Prill Funeral Home in Hobe Sound, FL, with service to follow at 4pm. After the service, those who wish will be gathering @ my mom's house, address to be disclosed @ the services. Please, in lieu of flowers and in recognition of my mother's love of animals, please make a donation in her name to the animal charity of your choice. :'( Also, there is a website~~   www.youngandprillfuneralhome. com where she will be listed as of Saturday.
Thank you all for yor comments and expressions of caring. It's nice to know how many people knew and loved my mom. It helps.
« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2007, 10:35 by morwyn »

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 14, 2007, 04:40 »
Just a couple of pictures of Deb and friends (human and others) from the Keys a few years ago.

« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2007, 03:13 by RDTroja »
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

morwyn

« Reply #10 on: Mar 15, 2007, 10:51 »
HELLO     Ok, now I am at a loss for what to do. >:( My mother's death  :'( being so sudden, she does not have a will and despite the fact that I am her only child,  everything will be in probate for
...I really don't know how long.I am contacting an attorney today but Money is tight and I don't have access to any of her accounts or anything like that and the service for mom is steep.  Any help anyone could contirbute would be so greatly appreciated. I hate to ask and really didn't know how. Please forgive me for having to. :-[
     The address for cards, etc is...
Dawn McCarthy
8949 SE Bridge Rd # 314
Hobe Sound, FL 33455

ps. for those of you who do wish to send flowers, the local florist we are using is...
Allen Roberts Floral Designs
8843 SE Bridge Rd
Hobe Sound, FL 33455
(772) 546-0733

That is mom's favorite local florist and if you tell them her name, they will co-ordinate with what we're already doing.

Thanks, everyone for everything at this sad time in our lives. I know my mom will be missed by many and will be watching over my children for the rest of their lives.

Offline devildog

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 15, 2007, 01:36 »
Sorry for your loss.I may be mistaken but if Deb was working for Bartlett I think they have some sort of Insurance. I would call Bartlett and find out. I know a few times Bartlett has helped out when this has happened in the past. Good luck

morwyn

« Reply #12 on: Mar 15, 2007, 05:57 »
There is some insurance through Bartlett but it all goes to the estate and into probate because there is no will so i don't get access to it right now and the funeral home wants their money by Saturday.I don't know what else to do. I've contacted an attorney but it could be a few weeks.

kathyny

« Reply #13 on: Mar 15, 2007, 06:35 »
Hi  I am so sorry for your loss, you can get a copy of the insurance from Bartlett and give it to the funeral home.  That should be sufficient and I am sure if you call Eric he will help you.  Your Mom worked for Bartlett for a long time.  I worked with her at Millstone and she was very much liked.

IPREGEN

« Reply #14 on: Mar 15, 2007, 08:00 »
Sorry to here about Deb. Always a good hearted person that I was happy to run into here and there. She was one of a kind.

remowil55

« Reply #15 on: Mar 15, 2007, 08:04 »
Dawn: I had the pleasure of working with Deb on several occasion. The last time at St Lucie, and Turkey Point. I always liked your mother and she was one of the smartest tech that i knew, she was a hard worker, and this news is to say the least, Tragic. There can be no words to comfort you in this time of sorrow, just know that she was loved, and forever will be missed. I am so sorry for your loss. Randy "Remo" Williams

morwyn

« Reply #16 on: Mar 15, 2007, 09:10 »
According to the funeral home it does not work like that. The insurance checks get made out to the estate which the funeral home does not deal with. I've already discussed this with them. The funeral home has spoken with the insurance man for Bartlett.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #17 on: Mar 17, 2007, 11:25 »
I should have posted this yesterday, but I hope all of you out there that read this and were unable to attend Debbie's funeral that you will take the time around 4 pm today to stop and think about what a great friend we have all lost.

My heartfelt prayers and thoughts go out to Dawn and her family. I love you all and I will never forget the wonderful times that we shared through the years.

God Speed Debbie.

morwyn

« Reply #18 on: Mar 18, 2007, 09:45 »
Thank YouI just wanted to take a minute to say thank you. Thank you all for your thoughts, wishes and condoloences. Thank you for the donations- it helped tremendously and I cannot thank you enough.Thank you to those of you I saw Saturday and those who wish they could've been there. It's great to know my mother was loved as well as she loved.

Thank you for all the wonderful emails I've recieved- I'll be in touch one on one eventually.
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2007, 09:48 by morwyn »

FPLHouseTech

« Reply #19 on: Mar 20, 2007, 04:13 »
I am deeply sadden by the loss of Debbie it seems like just yesterday she was sitting with Jay and I in the break room at Turkey Point. I was so looking forward to seeing her next outage. She worked on steam generators with me last outage at PTN and was a pleasure to work with. God bless Debbie and her family who she loved alot. We often talked about her daughter and her grandchildren you could tell her family was the love of her life.
                                                          We will miss you Debbie

Overclocked_Toaster

« Reply #20 on: Mar 27, 2007, 09:46 »
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I worked with Debb several times in the past, and I haven't seen her for years, but it makes little difference. Anyone who knew Debb knows she was the type of person I only needed to meet one time, but will remember for the rest of my life.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #21 on: Mar 31, 2008, 02:19 »
A year has passed and it is still hard to believe that Deb is gone. I send prayers to her family and other friends that time has allowed them to heal in some small way.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?