Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Idaho National Lab (INEL)

Poll

INEL

Above Average
11 (17.2%)
Average
20 (31.3%)
Below Average
33 (51.6%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Idaho National Lab (INEL)  (Read 255886 times)

Fermi2

Re: INEL (Idaho Falls)
« Reply #125 on: Sep 01, 2006, 04:33 »
AH the INEL in the winter. What memories!!

Ok again, how much of NRF is still there?

Mike

Valkrider

Re: INEEL
« Reply #126 on: Sep 01, 2006, 10:25 »
I wouldn't admit to that.  My condolences

:(

OOPS! Never say "Never"...  ;)

20 years later I'm driving towards the INL with winter looming... :/

illegalsmile

« Reply #127 on: Sep 02, 2006, 08:35 »
OOPS! Never say "Never"...  ;)

20 years later I'm driving towards the INL with winter looming... :/
I think you're about to become a fan of Global Warming. The Idaho winters aren't nearly as bad as they used to be.

vt4ever78

NRF Idaho
« Reply #128 on: Sep 06, 2006, 12:38 »
Hey, considering perm position as a radiological control tech at Nrf Idaho and was curious if anyone had any insight on working there salaries, environment, overtime, area etc...Thanks!! 8)

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
Re: NRF Idaho
« Reply #129 on: Sep 06, 2006, 10:29 »
Hey, considering perm position as a radiological control tech at Nrf Idaho and was curious if anyone had any insight on working there salaries, environment, overtime, area etc...Thanks!! 8)

for house tech:
salary about $28.00

for road tech:
bartlett $29.00
Marcom $29.30
per diem for 60 days

beautiful country, freezing cold and snow from september to may

can't speak on overtime at NRF, never worked there
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #130 on: Sep 14, 2006, 03:49 »
BJ's Bayou in roberts
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
Re: INL
« Reply #131 on: Oct 20, 2006, 02:32 »
(Disclaimer:  YES!  I do know that their health department & OSHA inspections usually do NOT gain them kudo's, but...)

Papa Tom's makes a GREAT pizza!  Try the Red Baron (Sauerkraut on a pizza?) or (my personal favorite) Pepperoni-Pineapple-Jalapeno.

Note:  I am a "Thin-Crispy-Crust, Spicy-Sauce, Real-Pizza-Oven" fan, so...
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2006, 02:52 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline DecommMan

• Leave the Decommissioning to us.
  • Moderate User
Re: Idaho National Lab (INEL)
« Reply #132 on: Nov 16, 2006, 04:44 »
Get there to the Stardust Lounge early to get a good seat.

8)
Decomm Man

DDD

« Reply #133 on: Nov 16, 2006, 05:10 »
Been awhile Decommman ?  The Stardust has been nothing but dust for past few years, but your right it was a great place

D3

nukewood

« Reply #134 on: Nov 18, 2006, 11:13 »
The most depressing place I ever worked or lived. A friend who still works at Ineel called yesterday to share with me that his neighbors in Idaho Falls called to inform him that his 7 year old would not be allowed to play with their kids because they did not go to their church. I probably don't have to spell out the name of the church, but if you work at Ineel,understand that this particular religion has great influence and it is VERY oppressive.

illegalsmile

« Reply #135 on: Nov 19, 2006, 08:50 »
I can't say I ran into any problems like that w/ the Prevailing Church in the Area. While they have a life style very differant from mine, and they did try to convert me, they didn't discriminate against us for not joining 'their side.' Had a great time in Idaho, wish Bechtel had kept the contract.

Valkrider

« Reply #136 on: Nov 19, 2006, 11:55 »
the site is a pit.  wouldn't waste my time here since they took away perdiem.  who would want to work and live here is beyond me.  to those that are still there, my condolences.

YMMV

illegalsmile

« Reply #137 on: Jan 18, 2007, 06:25 »
I see AMWTP is looking. Any comments? Advice?

Offline Tina

• Moderate User
  • Face wht your afraid of, Find out wht your made of
« Reply #138 on: Jan 19, 2007, 12:55 »
 :) Well I guess to like INEEL you better be an outdoorsy type  ;) I managed to get a Dog Sled Trip in just past the Grand Tetons and made several trips to Jackson Hole for some wildlife photagraphy awe my hobbies must be why I work  ::) I was at AMWTP for a short period of time doing gamma spec work on some buried barrels   ::) wouder if they ever got them dug up  ::) I enjoyed the burgers at the Snakebite cant seem to find that kind just anywhere  :-\  I'd go back it was'nt that bad to me  8) I kinda miss the Thirsty Gator too  ;)

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #139 on: Jan 19, 2007, 02:34 »
I see AMWTP is looking. Any comments? Advice?

As far as INL work goes, AMWTP is better than most...still able to get some work done there.  Unfortunately, they seem to be sliding down the hill to become like all the rest.
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

nukewood

« Reply #140 on: Jan 19, 2007, 07:42 »
I'm not in a hurry to get back to INEEL for any amount of money, but ,since you are there ,have you checked out B.J.'s Bayou in Roberts? Go for dinner some night while the alligators are eating white mice in the adjoining room. You'll wonder whether you really are in Idaho.

Offline Tina

• Moderate User
  • Face wht your afraid of, Find out wht your made of
« Reply #141 on: Jan 20, 2007, 10:52 »
 :) I've been to BJ's and they have some great Cajin food try their pecon pie its the best  ;)

Offline let-it-ride

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #142 on: Jan 20, 2007, 11:49 »
Sorry to say that BJ's has really gone downhill. A group of us were just there and the food was terrible. Plus some was not cooked and the choices were very poor. It was very dissapointing. Afterwards I heard that others had the same experience. Too bad.

Offline elwood

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #143 on: Jan 21, 2007, 10:07 »
I was at BJs about a month ago and the food was great. HMMM don't know... AMWTP is not a bad place to work.  Still paying diem.  EG&G has the contract hp work.  Bechtel only has a little over a year left on their contract.  Rumor mill say Energy Solutions wants it bad.  wait and see...

Offline mars88

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #144 on: Jan 29, 2007, 04:08 »
about clearance at ARP.  offered a job there thru marcom to start feb 19--the security forms were pretty much the same as when i got a doncaf clearance for the nuke shipyards years ago, but that took 3-6 months to get, yet marcom said these only take about 2 weeks.  how can an investigation company (hire.com) possibly get a check done in this time?  plus, if i were a former school or employer, i'd probably ignore any requests for records unless it were from a government organization.  i know it's only for site/bldg access, but do they really check all your info,  especially if the contractor really needs people?

alphadude

« Reply #145 on: Jan 29, 2007, 05:07 »
thats a basic call your references and pull a credit check

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #146 on: Feb 07, 2007, 06:11 »
It's actually possible to get decent live music in I.F. a few times each month. 

Vino Rosso (on 'A' across from the Willard Arts Center) has bands every weekend and most Thursdays (usually 7-9pm).  A mix of rock, folk, jazz...mostly covers, but an occassional singer/songwriter...  If you get a chance, go see 'The Sites' (fiddle instrumentals), 'Kevin Young' (sax jazz standards), 'Lost Dogs Gathering' (original & cover guitar-folk), or 'Soucek & Green' (jazz guitar instrumentals)...all have frequent gigs.  And don't miss 'Decades' (AKA 'Affection Collection') when they are playing! The venue website is http://vinorossoidaho.com/index.php?section=4      (Oh...I forgot to mention...they also have about 200 different beers to choose from!!!)  ;)

I've also caught a couple of acts at White Water Grill & The Cellar, but neither has a consistent schedule.
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2007, 12:23 by UncaBuffalo »

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #147 on: Feb 07, 2007, 06:40 »
Los Albertos (the one on Woodruff, NOT the one on North Yellowstone Hiway!) makes a bacon breakfast burrito that is sometimes great...and sometimes BEST-EVER!  

(I love their red sauce, but the wife swears by the green.)

(And, 'yes' to Atomic Punk...the 'best-ever' does include 'Muchas Gracias'!)
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2007, 12:23 by UncaBuffalo »

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #148 on: Feb 08, 2007, 01:21 »

(And, 'yes' to Atomic Punk...the 'best-ever' does include 'Muchas Gracias'!)

Thanks, Willard!!  Now you've got me jonesin'. ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2007, 04:11 by Atomic_Punk »

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #149 on: Feb 08, 2007, 08:04 »
Thanks, Willard!!  Now you've got me jonesin'. ;)

Just remember what Rich used to say...  ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2007, 12:24 by UncaBuffalo »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?