Reference, Questions and Help > Polls

H.P. HALL OF FAME what if? ???

(1/19) > >>

RADBASTARD:
We all know people over are long careers who were characters and legends,so lets hear who you would induct and why?
Where would you like to put the hall also?
Please be kind so nothing gets deleted.
I want to hear of some different people besides your getz's and boogers.
Lets have fun with this!

shovelheadred:
,,SPANKEE McFARLAND.house tech for Oconee startup in 72'.....been a rent-a-tech since the early 70's...he should be grandfathered in because of that,,,,he got alot of techs started in this business from the Toccoa, Ga,,Oconee,SC area..worked Turkey Point prior to the S/G replacement..first ALARA rent-a-tech  I met in the Duke system..bout 87'.....he had his troubles like all of us,,prior to 1990...thought we had lost him....then he shows back up wearing a safety hardhat.....Thats why he needs to be in the hall of fame.....he came back from the isle of doom, to standout in the safety field, as a Certified Safety Professional...red

RADBASTARD:
1#I would have to vote for the late bill mahoney.I met him in 82 at salem I think,and he taught be the ropes early about being a road tech,especially drinking.
I remember we were on nights he would have been drinking during the day and finding the best places to sleep at work."under the S/G table in the bio shield.
God I miss the 80's!!!
He was very smart tech.I was a house tech back then.

2#Then there is Captain Neutron aka mike neuroth.I remember him in the early 80's at salem,when he use to move rad trash and wear a hard hat with a red flashing light on it.We use to die laughing and his ollie and lena jokes.
you can buy his hat on his web site I think?

elwood:
ahh  Captain Neutron, worked with him at fernald.
what about Mike Getz??? talk about a legend :) and all of it true. ???

hoghunter:
I agree with SPANKY,but I have been around and met some good techs. I could make a long list of Techs that have  had an impact, but to single out  a few wouldn't be fair to the rest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version