Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu H.P. HALL OF FAME what if? ??? honeypot

Poll

Where would you put the first HP hall of fame and who would be in the first 10 people to be inducted and why

Chicago University
23 (31.9%)
T M I
22 (30.6%)
Plymouth
6 (8.3%)
nevada test site
6 (8.3%)
Hiroshima and Nagasaki
3 (4.2%)
Los  Alamos
12 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: H.P. HALL OF FAME what if? ???  (Read 92844 times)

RADBASTARD

Re: H.P. HALL OF FAME what if? ???
« Reply #25 on: Apr 08, 2007, 03:34 »
Badger milk Rocks!

Ripped:  George Herbinko looked solid when he was training ...Hair..Donny is always in shape!

Hottest: My honey CC

Laziest: You pegged that one Radbas

Hardest worker :  The Grip is in a league of his own

Hardest Partier:  Can't remember 8)

Best coordinator: Catfish was pretty solid...Badge wasn't ready, see ya tomorrow!

Intensity level during a conversation: Yeah you Romo !

Baddest Rocker( next to me of course ): Lee Harvey cause he plays a studio light.

DT jr came over and played the first three songs on 5150 ...pretty impressive..then he got a computer
Jack u loyd you can't forget about some of the intense discussions me and gary lightfoot would have at ft calhoun with some of those tree hugging ,hippie, liberals that don't watch fox news,and like al frankin, and want us to hug the terrorists and the middle east countries so they will like us better.They could get heated.
so I think we should be on there too.

You need to have todd on there for best work out form for sure.

you are dead on about the Grip I love watching him a mike tabber seeing who was right and who was wrong when they were working together,it was quite entertaining

craps7

« Reply #26 on: Apr 08, 2007, 03:55 »
Biggest suckup Radbastard (let me guess Adam is at ST Lucie and where is the next SGR at?)   For the hardest worker Mr. Keith who is now house at Clinton.  Best Cordinators BTKeele and hotdog cooking Schenna.  Funniest Tony Canale who is also a hard worker.  Favorite House Tech  ED Breault. 

RADBASTARD

« Reply #27 on: Apr 08, 2007, 04:16 »
Biggest suckup Radbastard (let me guess Adam is at ST Lucie and where is the next SGR at?)   For the hardest worker Mr. Keith who is now house at Clinton.  Best Cordinators BTKeele and hotdog cooking Schenna.  Funniest Tony Canale who is also a hard worker.  Favorite House Tech  ED Breault. 
Craps7  do you want me to do a little sucking up for you while im here,tony canale and eric simon together were a riot
Also I nominate you and boloxi blues for always getting screwed with the s**t jobs at calvert.
Hey can you go in the pump bay for us,we got briefs to go too.
« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2007, 05:01 by Nuclear NASCAR »

craps7

« Reply #28 on: Apr 08, 2007, 07:35 »
Hey some things dont change Biloxoi was in the can for 11 hours here at Calloway.  Yeah if your not busy can you do a little brown nosing for us at ST lucie?   Everyone is going there ya know what that means.  Lower wages.

Offline Jack U. Loyd

• Light User
« Reply #29 on: Apr 08, 2007, 09:25 »
Hey craps ...I second on Keith.......Down at peach we would beg him to take a break.....Kinda of scary ....even offered to  let us take his breaks......of course I was OK with that.....the slacker that I am !

sweetpea

« Reply #30 on: Apr 08, 2007, 09:45 »
dave lloyd, romo, randy schultz, keith abercrombie, ed breault are some of my favorites

Offline incrediblehulk

• Moderate User
  • Dum vivimus, vivamus!!
« Reply #31 on: Apr 09, 2007, 01:44 »
As we've already seen, you could probably make a "Top Ten List" in all the various categories. Rather than taxing my admittedly addled brain, I'm gonna just make a list of my all-time favorite "characters". These are the folks who always made me laugh and don't include those who became famous for being disgusting or slackers. In no particular order, they are:
       - Bill Mahoney
       - Wyatt Wood
       - Ray "Wildman" Perry
       - Billy Sullivan
       - J.R. Box
       - George Basquette
       - Dave McDaniel
       - Chris Brevig
       - Lou "Chin Loo" Lyons
       - Jack "Gonzo" Conrad

Some pretty fine techs on this list, as well!
Life is short. That is all there is to say. Get what you can from the present - thoughtfully, justly.
                               - Marcus Aurelius

Liberty is never unalienable. It must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes.
                          -R.A. Heinlein

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
« Reply #32 on: Apr 10, 2007, 06:00 »

Best Party Host: Tied between Bobby & Gary Leonard

I would have to put Eli Crosby, Jr in for this category also. 
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Asa1

« Reply #33 on: Apr 12, 2007, 09:07 »
Best site coordinator I ever had was Gerald Parker (Mississippi Mafia). We need more like him.

BONERATLER

« Reply #34 on: Apr 17, 2007, 06:51 »
..gotta put two together,because you never said one name without the other....RAPID RAY..and bless his soul...SLOW JOE...they started together at Lucie....they were legends.....the first HIPPIE rent-a-techs...they Lived it brother..heard Ray say, more than one time..."HP is MY LIFE" now he has given his life to GOD....talked to Ray today,,,he is still teching,,,and preaching when he gets the chance,,,he said some prayers for me, and I am sure he will for you if you ask him to.....didnt know Joe that well, but he was a legend...and I am sure some of you have some "Slow Joe " stories...I nominate these two, because I can guarantee that there is not an outage goes by, that doesnt include a break room story  about ......."RAPID RAY & SLOW JOE"

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #35 on: Apr 18, 2007, 07:24 »
..gotta put two together,because you never said one name without the other....RAPID RAY..and bless his soul...SLOW JOE...they started together at Lucie....they were legends.....the first HIPPIE rent-a-techs...

Sorry to tell you that there were MANY Hippie rent-a-techs years before St. Lucie existed... complete with the long hair, beards and beads. I knew a few of them very well. Some are still in the business and some are not. One memorable encounter in a bar near Kewaunee in 1976 had a 275 pound boilermaker turn and plant a kiss on the cheek of a 125 pound long-haired tech and call him 'sweetie.' The tech calmly turned to the boilermaker and said 'F***ing Faggot!' I thought I was going to die along with the tech and all of our friends. The boilermaker smiled and said 'I like this guy' and they were friends for the rest of the outage (a few months back then.) Da bidness was a lot different in the good ol' days...
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

RADBASTARD

« Reply #36 on: Apr 18, 2007, 09:03 »
Yeah roger I miss the good old days when a big fat boilermaker guy could kiss another long haired hippie HP guy on site and it wasn't a problem.  GEE time sure does fly by.

Offline incrediblehulk

• Moderate User
  • Dum vivimus, vivamus!!
« Reply #37 on: Apr 18, 2007, 03:11 »
Sorry to tell you that there were MANY Hippie rent-a-techs years before St. Lucie existed... complete with the long hair, beards and beads.

Aint it the truth. I can recall the plant maintenance guys at Pilgrim ( who were generally older, more "stable" types) saying "Lock up your daughters, the techs are in town" when the bunch of us would stumble into GET. Good times!
Life is short. That is all there is to say. Get what you can from the present - thoughtfully, justly.
                               - Marcus Aurelius

Liberty is never unalienable. It must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes.
                          -R.A. Heinlein

diliigaf

« Reply #38 on: Apr 18, 2007, 03:25 »

8)  Any one remember a Tech named Wade Hannah, he was a true hippie... (What a burner)... :D

LaFeet

« Reply #39 on: Apr 20, 2007, 05:53 »
Romo   I didn't know you cared......

I am still relatively new to the industry... but I have been around elsewhere.

Most Obtuse -  Mountain Man -- looks great in a kilt and bag pipes

Most enjoyable conversationalist - Ellie Turner

Most Intense conversationalist - ROMO  da Man

Most Un Politically Correct House Super - Ray Wyvill---loved working for that man
                             Hey Ray - whats my dose rate now???

Most continuosly busy housie - Wiggie

The one I just cant seem to get along with - Dwayne Duncan,  I just dont know why he hates me

Most laid back House Lead - Brian Clow

Funniest "Hot" guy house - Scottie Too Hottie  Hey Scottie, wanna see my daughters??

Easiet to get a rise out of -  well that had to be MadCow

and the list goes on.....  to all those I have had the luck of working with, I hope our paths cross again.

Good Luck and take care

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #40 on: Apr 20, 2007, 08:22 »
Sorry to tell you that there were MANY Hippie rent-a-techs years before St. Lucie existed... complete with the long hair, beards and beads.

rilly?  wii, eye yam schocked! 
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: Apr 20, 2007, 08:53 »
rilly?  wii, eye yam schocked! 

Are you shocked because you didn't know that or because I can remember it?
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

alphadude

« Reply #42 on: Apr 20, 2007, 09:36 »
yea if ya dont know vita abar you is still in diapers, i guess no body remembers salem or oconee back in the 70s, i sure dont 8)

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: Apr 20, 2007, 12:14 »
yea if ya dont know vita abar you is still in diapers, i guess no body remembers salem or oconee back in the 70s, i sure dont 8)

Shared an apartment with Mr. Abar in '76 and worked Salem's startup through first outage in '77. I still remember bits and pieces of it.

-Marty Feldman

-Ronald Reagan

- Voltaire

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #44 on: Apr 20, 2007, 01:08 »
wholly cow!  iz dis a hall of fame thread or whose inta awltshimmers?  eye yam schocked dat enny buddy remembers dem long haired hippie type nukes.  i 'member salem ina start-up mode, but eye didn't last long.  i had left kewaunee 'n landed at salem, den eye herd dat point beach wuz happening, 'n, wail, it wuz da ole wisconsin called 'n alla dat beer 'n doze nice friendy type wimmen were a helluva lot better'n  sayfreekinglem!  worked wit vida a buncha times, last wuz at trojan in '81.  him 'n dat freeking power wagon of his.  he wuz an archetypical tech of da day.

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #45 on: Apr 20, 2007, 04:27 »
Geez, this thread is cracking me up!     ;D

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #46 on: Apr 20, 2007, 05:03 »
wholly cow!  iz dis a hall of fame thread or whose inta awltshimmers?  eye yam schocked dat enny buddy remembers dem long haired hippie type nukes.  i 'member salem ina start-up mode, but eye didn't last long.  i had left kewaunee 'n landed at salem, den eye herd dat point beach wuz happening, 'n, wail, it wuz da ole wisconsin called 'n alla dat beer 'n doze nice friendy type wimmen were a helluva lot better'n  sayfreekinglem!  worked wit vida a buncha times, last wuz at trojan in '81.  him 'n dat freeking power wagon of his.  he wuz an archetypical tech of da day.

Well if any of you keep up with the calendar here, then you'd know that yessss I was around when those long haired hippie type nukes were around... I remember several that I had huge crushes on and once my dad sent me back home via a free ride with a couple rather than put me on the plane by myself. Needless to say this was wayyy before fitness for duty.

LaFeet

« Reply #47 on: Apr 20, 2007, 06:09 »
Unfortunately I was under water during all the Long Haired days.   I did manage to let my hair reach my buttocks after leaving the Silent Service.  But I chose to keep it cropped  now.

I have run into a number of those seemingly tripping techs over the years, mostly at dirt jobs.

usetobe

« Reply #48 on: Apr 20, 2007, 08:21 »
If we are going to have a hall-of-fame we need to have an outage category.  I suggest the Duane Arnold Crack Repair in 78, Trojan in 1980 (Mount St Helen's eruption) among many other eruptions, the San Onofre Sleeving (Sleezing, Sleeping) Project, TMI Recovery. Gosh I can actually remember that far back.

How about a company category - Rad Services, IRM, Numanco, Allied, Chem Nuclear, NSS.
on and on.

Of course we need a recuiter category, tech category (house and road, both accomplished techs and the partiers).

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #49 on: Apr 20, 2007, 08:41 »
If we are going to have a hall-of-fame we need to have               category. 

sumbuddy better git a freaking excel table going here to keep track of alla dis stuff!

iffen categories are called for, may i suggest most unique name of a nuclear worker?   

I wood nominate rip van winkle.  tru name, eye kid yew knot.  worked 'n roomed wit him at pilgrim in '81.  he hadda one of the best come ons for da ladies, a gift.   he had tshirts made up saying "i slept with rip van winkle" . 
« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2007, 08:42 by SloGlo »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?