Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu H.P. HALL OF FAME what if? ???

Poll

Where would you put the first HP hall of fame and who would be in the first 10 people to be inducted and why

Chicago University
23 (31.9%)
T M I
22 (30.6%)
Plymouth
6 (8.3%)
nevada test site
6 (8.3%)
Hiroshima and Nagasaki
3 (4.2%)
Los  Alamos
12 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: H.P. HALL OF FAME what if? ???  (Read 92838 times)

alphadude

Re: H.P. HALL OF FAME what if? ???
« Reply #50 on: Apr 23, 2007, 04:09 »
so did you ever say "dude u are stepping on my hair?"

LaFeet

« Reply #51 on: Apr 23, 2007, 06:22 »
so did you ever say "dude u are stepping on my hair?"

Naw... I managed to keep it outta the way.   I did sit on it a few times, hurts like heck

Donated three lengths to "Locks of Love" when I got it cut.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #52 on: Apr 23, 2007, 07:44 »
Lafeet you sure are 1 sexy man now that you cut off your hair ,and I know hamsammich thinks so also.

You need to come to turkey and lucie next fall.

LaFeet

« Reply #53 on: Apr 23, 2007, 11:06 »
Lafeet you sure are 1 sexy man now that you cut off your hair ,and I know hamsammich thinks so also.

You need to come to turkey and lucie next fall.

Dont know about that first part, but I am trying for the South Florida duet.

Bartlett never called me for Calvert, and I had contacted EB while at Ft Calhoun and volunteered, I guees Calvert didn't want me back????

Offline Dustball

• Moderate User
  • -40F Keeps out the RiffRaff
« Reply #54 on: Apr 24, 2007, 06:01 »
ahh  Captain Neutron, worked with him at fernald.
what about Mike Getz??? talk about a legend :) and all of it true. ???

Captain Nuetron.  Classic!  Worked with him decomissioning Pathfinder.  He took home a huge trailer full of lead bricks.  ???

Offline Dustball

• Moderate User
  • -40F Keeps out the RiffRaff
« Reply #55 on: Apr 24, 2007, 06:08 »
Well here are my nominees and their category:

Most one-liners: Spanky McFarlane

Cribbage Board King: Henry "Deal 'Em" Black

Best Party Host: Tied between Bobby & Gary Leonard

Biggest Penny Pincher: Big ‘Un from T.P. for all the Frozen Pot Pies he ate

Most Controversial Poster: Female: JessJen, Male: Roll-Tide

Big Un - i don't know if he holds a candle to Goetz.  But Big 'Un could eat.  His motto was food for free is food for me.  At Monticello one time there was a corn feed.  Big-Un ate a dozen on his own.  Later that day he couldn't get out of access control so he ran into the back room pulled down his drawers and blew corn chunks all over the sheppard calibrator.  Rumor is that some Jr. HP cleaned it up.  Big Un tells a good brownie story too.  He ate lots of free funny brownies.  He was a trip.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #56 on: Sep 21, 2007, 05:08 »
Kenneth Smith aka Big Un once bought 100 chicken pot pies at Publix cause the were 4 for a buck and proceeded to eat them for the next month. By the way, hows the fishing?
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #57 on: Sep 22, 2007, 01:31 »
Well here are my nominees and their category:

Most one-liners: Spanky McFarlane

Cribbage Board King: Henry "Deal 'Em" Black

Best Party Host: Tied between Bobby & Gary Leonard

Biggest Penny Pincher: Big ‘Un from T.P. for all the Frozen Pot Pies he ate

Most Controversial Poster: Female: JessJen, Male: Roll-Tide

Im honored really I am...I think

ramdog_1

« Reply #58 on: Sep 22, 2007, 12:01 »
I say Bruce Moffit belongs in here! no one rocks like the brewster.
and his good freind Erine
« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2007, 12:06 by ramdog_1 »

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #59 on: Oct 19, 2007, 03:18 »
ahh  Captain Neutron, worked with him at fernald.
what about Mike Getz??? talk about a legend :) and all of it true. ???

I have a Captain Neutron pen.
Getz took the turkey carcass out of the trash can on T-Day at Catawba and picked it clean. Hey, he was hungry!

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #60 on: Oct 19, 2007, 03:38 »
Al Horsechief!!
We were at the North 40 at ANO. Some local redneck, (I know redundant), was trashing Native Americans. He did not realize Al was hovering right behind him. Al put his giant hand on the back of this guys head and pulled him in close and planted a kiss on him. You could see it in this guys eyes, he crapped himself.

HAIRDUDE

« Reply #61 on: Feb 08, 2008, 12:53 »
If we are going to put nuke companies in the Hall of Fame, Hydro Nuclear Services has to be on the list. Some of the alumni from that company are still hanging around the biz ... myself included. Just a few of the names associated with that group of hydro-lazing psychos is:
Jon Nash
Tim Veal
Mike Weiderwax
Joe Sparks
Jim Slattery
Floyd Flanigan
Bill Burns
Scott Rose (God resat his soul)
The Rosenhagen Brothers
Zippy The Pin-Head
Rat (Jeff Sidodi)
Ed Breault
Kevin Ott
Bu-Fu
Johnny (Angel) Stockham
John Bowman
Jeff Greenwood

The list goes on and on ... Great group of guys to work with.

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
« Reply #62 on: Feb 08, 2008, 06:05 »
[
How about a company category - Rad Services, IRM, Numanco, Allied, Chem Nuclear, NSS.
on and on.[/quote]

Lets see... started with Allied, worked for Numanco and NSS, IRM was still very much in the business when I started.  I might be eligible to be a senior any day now.

I was never one of the "hippies, longhairs" of the '70s vintage.  Worked with several though.

Sloe Joe, Captain Neutron, et al, yep, worked with them.

It's funny, but had an individual comment a couple of years back that they thought my resume was a bit "lite".  Maybe someday I'll be able to demonstrate a minimum level of skills, knowledge, experience and the potential to be a positive contribution to some program somewhere.

One can only hope. ;)
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

Jr8black3

« Reply #63 on: Feb 08, 2008, 07:43 »
PWHOPPE'S name needs to be set in a stone at the HP HALL OF FAME,, LOL He hasn't left us yet thank god this business needs him and more like him, I take his ethic everyday to work.

Offline Tucci

• Very Lite User
  • Sunset at home
« Reply #64 on: Apr 14, 2008, 06:55 »

I have a Captain Neutron pen.
Getz took the turkey carcass out of the trash can on T-Day at Catawba and picked it clean. Hey, he was hungry!

Hahah
Last time I saw him he was slaving as a Jr HP at Surry I think, eating other people's lunches and sleeping in his car. In the summer.

I remember blowing by him on the road every day with him going exactly 48 mph (in a 55 zone) because he had figured out that was the speed his car got the best gas mileage.

That boy was a trip. But I'll bet he made his million.

Tucci

Offline Tucci

• Very Lite User
  • Sunset at home
« Reply #65 on: Apr 14, 2008, 06:59 »
[
I was never one of the "hippies, longhairs" of the '70s vintage. 

Hey, I resemble that remark! Someone had to teach them navy nukes the real world! Long haired, tie dyed, freak HP's are a great intro!

Tucci

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #66 on: Apr 14, 2008, 09:05 »
Hey, I resemble that remark! Someone had to teach them navy nukes the real world! Long haired, tie dyed, freak HP's are a great intro!

Tucci

Most of what I learned in the 70s just out of the Navy, I had to relearn. Many non-Navy (or non-shipyard) rad techs then, had enough time to be a senior, until they had the time to be a senior. I remember working with a Sr who had been a security guard only a few months before. Contract techs only started in the 70s and the standards were not well enforced and the job was much different. Besides many of the ex Navy people I knew then "were the long hairs" as soon as they could be.
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2008, 09:09 by Marlin »

shovelheadred

« Reply #67 on: Apr 15, 2008, 12:51 »
...What does.. "The Long hairs" have to do with it?.....

stownsend

« Reply #68 on: Apr 15, 2008, 02:38 »

Tucci
Hey Mark
Didn't you work Rowe in 85? Are you still sinking scallop boats off of George's Bank?

Offline Tucci

• Very Lite User
  • Sunset at home
« Reply #69 on: Apr 16, 2008, 02:54 »
Hey Mark
Didn't you work Rowe in 85? Are you still sinking scallop boats off of George's Bank?

Nope, just that 1 boat.

Yeah I worked Yankee Rowe. Basically (as far as I can remember):

Newport News Shipbuilding and DD 1979

IP2 1984, 86, 87 (and people ask why I have 42 R whole body lifetime) (Plugging Tubes with 1 hand on the stop watch and the other hand on the workers air hose!)

Surry 84 ( Mark  standing up on a chair in the cafeteria at sign in, with about 50 people around, and announcing he does more drugs than all of us put together....hahahaha)

DC Cook 84 (nothing special...lasted 2 weeks)

Oyster Creek 85 (hit a deer on my motorcycle)

Yankee Rowe 85 (Recovered the stuck rad source. Please don't ask my extremity dose)

Susquehanna 85 (Did the shielding and initial entry in the core barrel for the Steam Dryer support block QC. That was fun!)

Pilgrim 86, 87 (Uhhhh let's not discuss Pilgrim 86...let's just say I'm glad I'm alive) (Hey Wojo, remember the Torus job? Or was that a different outage? I forget!)

What's that one in Ohio???? Oh yeah Perry! 87....lasted 10 days. (I just plain hated that place and everything around it.)

Oconee 87 88 (The last time I heard Ross Welch say "Screw all the pot smokers. Line em up, shoot em, and let God Sort em out." Miss ya Welchie!) (The funniest instance of the saying "Tastes Like Chicken" I've ever seen)

ANO (Arkansas 1) 87 (There's Buddhists in Arkansas?) This was the famous 20/hr and 50 a day job that was supposed to last 10 days to 2 weeks. Did it ever end? I left out of boredom after 3 months.

Calvert Cliffs 87 (They grow Pot here???)

Peach Bottom 88 (They sell crank here? No wonder everybody sleeps the whole damn night shift.)

Then I left and came back for the Shoreham fuel move to Limerick in 93. GREAT JOB! (Fuel Floor, to Crawler, To Barge, To Train...That was one of the funnest jobs I had)

I'm sure I left somewhere out. But strangely, once the per diem withdrawal stopped, I forgot most of the details!

Started with IRM (Don Parkinson, my bro!) and spent time with NSS, CE, Bartlett, ARC, and I was the second employee of General Dynamics Reactor Plant Services Division (which I think is shuttered now). I'm sure I forgot a few companies but they probably want to forget me!

I miss you guys!
Howya doing Steve? My email is marktucci@yahoo.com

Mark

Offline Tucci

• Very Lite User
  • Sunset at home
« Reply #70 on: Apr 16, 2008, 05:45 »
Nope, just that 1 boat.

Yeah I worked Yankee Rowe. Basically (as far as I can remember):

Newport News Shipbuilding and DD 1979

IP2 1984, 86, 87 (and people ask why I have 42 R whole body lifetime) (Plugging Tubes with 1 hand on the stop watch and the other hand on the workers air hose!)

Surry 84 ( Mark  standing up on a chair in the cafeteria at sign in, with about 50 people around, and announcing he does more drugs than all of us put together....hahahaha)

DC Cook 84 (nothing special...lasted 2 weeks)

Oyster Creek 85 (hit a deer on my motorcycle)

Yankee Rowe 85 (Recovered the stuck rad source. Please don't ask my extremity dose)

Susquehanna 85 (Did the shielding and initial entry in the core barrel for the Steam Dryer support block QC. That was fun!)

Pilgrim 86, 87 (Uhhhh let's not discuss Pilgrim 86...let's just say I'm glad I'm alive) (Hey Wojo, remember the Torus job? Or was that a different outage? I forget!)

What's that one in Ohio???? Oh yeah Perry! 87....lasted 10 days. (I just plain hated that place and everything around it.)

Oconee 87 88 (The last time I heard Ross Welch say "Screw all the pot smokers. Line em up, shoot em, and let God Sort em out." Miss ya Welchie!) (The funniest instance of the saying "Tastes Like Chicken" I've ever seen)

ANO (Arkansas 1) 87 (There's Buddhists in Arkansas?) This was the famous 20/hr and 50 a day job that was supposed to last 10 days to 2 weeks. Did it ever end? I left out of boredom after 3 months.

Calvert Cliffs 87 (They grow Pot here???)

Peach Bottom 88 (They sell crank here? No wonder everybody sleeps the whole damn night shift.)

Then I left and came back for the Shoreham fuel move to Limerick in 93. GREAT JOB! (Fuel Floor, to Crawler, To Barge, To Train...That was one of the funnest jobs I had)

I'm sure I left somewhere out. But strangely, once the per diem withdrawal stopped, I forgot most of the details!

Started with IRM (Don Parkinson, my bro!) and spent time with NSS, CE, Bartlett, ARC, and I was the second employee of General Dynamics Reactor Plant Services Division (which I think is shuttered now). I'm sure I forgot a few companies but they probably want to forget me!

I miss you guys!
Howya doing Steve? My email is marktucci@yahoo.com

Mark

Oh and on that Scallop` Boat, that was sunk FOR me by some other idiot.

So are any of these guys on here:

Carl Tilson
Mike Finnegan
The Fleetwood brothers (or as I called them..the Freakwoods)
Wheatsie Longenecker
Don Parkinson
Wojo (but I already heard from him)
Joe Latham
Bill Sullivan
Ward Brunkow
The Dunlaps
Goetz
Frank Gibson (aka Bubba The Silver Fox)

Man I could go on and on if I could remember names better. Wherever you guys are, here's one to you!

Mark

nuclearnomad

« Reply #71 on: Apr 17, 2008, 12:43 »
Weatsie Longenecker , Don Parkinson and Bruce Moffet I haven't heard those names in 20 plus years anyone have know if Bruce is still in the bizz?

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #72 on: Apr 28, 2008, 12:24 »
I guess I would have to nominate Jim Faulkner, I heard that he is the best technician that Kevin Manning has ever worked with. 8)
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

RADBASTARD

« Reply #73 on: Apr 28, 2008, 06:33 »
who said that jim???
I guess I would have to nominate Jim Faulkner, I heard that he is the best technician that Kevin Manning has ever worked with. 8)

duke99301

« Reply #74 on: Jul 17, 2008, 10:37 »
I would say Bill Ziegler no one rocks like he do's.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?