Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu H.P. HALL OF FAME what if? ???

Poll

Where would you put the first HP hall of fame and who would be in the first 10 people to be inducted and why

Chicago University
23 (31.9%)
T M I
22 (30.6%)
Plymouth
6 (8.3%)
nevada test site
6 (8.3%)
Hiroshima and Nagasaki
3 (4.2%)
Los  Alamos
12 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: H.P. HALL OF FAME what if? ???  (Read 92826 times)

Hereinnc

Re: H.P. HALL OF FAME what if? ???
« Reply #75 on: Jul 17, 2008, 12:13 »
The names are synonymous with the business.  If your an old timer the names go on and on:  Slamen Dean, Carmon Vigari, Doug Coen, Moongate, Dan Webster, Rapid Ray Roseberry, Billy Mahoney, the polish guy from TMI, Bruce Moffett, the electric tech, the brothers Raywald, Mitch Gerry.  The days of fun and games are gone in most cases.  Things are much to serious now.  But never forget!

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #76 on: Jul 17, 2008, 10:24 »
who said that jim???

I remember vividly that Kevin wrote this on an official document that hung in the laverenth on 115' at Diablo. I am just not creative enough to make this stuff up! ;D

We all have our hero's, no need to defend them. ;D ;D :o
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #77 on: Mar 24, 2010, 10:59 »
The names are synonymous with the business.  If your an old timer the names go on and on:  Slamen Dean, Carmon Vigari, Doug Coen, Moongate, Dan Webster, Rapid Ray Roseberry, Billy Mahoney, the polish guy from TMI, Bruce Moffett, the electric tech, the brothers Raywald, Mitch Gerry.  The days of fun and games are gone in most cases.  Things are much to serious now.  But never forget!
good cru hear.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #78 on: Mar 25, 2010, 01:24 »
Chicago Pile

nominee: "Where's Waldo?" Fenton! ;)
Browns Ferry, where else?
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #79 on: Mar 25, 2010, 04:40 »
Browns Ferry, where else?
they kant hold a can dull, watt makes ya think they cood hold enny thing else?
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Brewster

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #80 on: Mar 25, 2010, 11:14 »
I've never seen a list of Inductees who are they?

Is there a "Posthumously" category? I'm pretty sure I won't have time to be in that.

Brewster Moffatt

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #81 on: Mar 26, 2010, 02:59 »
they kant hold a can dull, watt makes ya think they cood hold enny thing else?
They just held it too long!!
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #82 on: Mar 26, 2010, 11:29 »
I've never seen a list of Inductees who are they?

Is there a "Posthumously" category? I'm pretty sure I won't have time to be in that.

Brewster Moffatt

Good question... perhaps we should form a panel and take nominations just for fun or maybe start a new poll?

Offline Dustball

• Moderate User
  • -40F Keeps out the RiffRaff
« Reply #83 on: Apr 04, 2010, 02:58 »
Yeah roger I miss the good old days when a big fat boilermaker guy could kiss another long haired hippie HP guy on site and it wasn't a problem.  GEE time sure does fly by.

I think [name removed by Moderator] has a letter in his file here at Monti for doing that to a fellow RP!  First couple of months as a house mouse and sexual harassment was filed!  Time's just ain't the same.  Romo, I remember the nice pics of you at McGuire too.  kiss kiss  :-*
« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2010, 04:52 by T Tarbox »

Jr8black3

« Reply #84 on: Apr 04, 2010, 04:09 »
Pat Hoppe Made the biggest influence on me,, I learned so much from him.

The Only other person I can say can compare is Patricia Bernard out of Fermi..What an awesome lady.. No I'm not saying it cause I'm dating her... she is Awesome and I sure many will agree...

Kevin

Jr8black3

« Reply #85 on: Apr 04, 2010, 07:15 »
Patricia is not an RP,, she is awesome at what she does..I miss working with her,, she makes our world go around...

I love her forever..

With out her they are screwed..Thats the truth..

Don't have to be an RP to be a LOVER..I love ya so much..

Patti is the best of the best,, been to 27 plants and I'd have to say she is the BEST..Patti here is too you..:)......ILY

Jr8black3

« Reply #86 on: Apr 13, 2010, 10:29 »
I do have to put all day Ray Cathcart and Bob Reheard, two folks that are awesome at what they do, and dont mind taking the extra minute to help or give advice, they have the work ethic all techs should have.

LaFeet

« Reply #87 on: Apr 14, 2010, 05:52 »
I can think of all the great techs I have had the pleasure to serve with, but it's the really bad ones that still haunt my thoughts  >:(

longbow55

« Reply #88 on: Apr 14, 2010, 11:48 »
I can think of two people I would nominate. My wife being one of them. She has never met a stranger or a lost, confused person she would not help. After 12 hours sweating in containment or the cavity she always takes the time to help that person who alarms the monitor on the way out. She doesn't just do it but she breaks open the procedure to make sure she's doing it right. Her drive makes me better.

The second person I would like to nominate is a man named Bianconi. Someone asked if we thought he had actually read the ICRP, I assure he has. Working with the man was amazing. It was a daily lesson.

Offline Old HP

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #89 on: Apr 15, 2010, 04:17 »
Anybody that worked at Three Mile Island during the first 3 months after the accident. Anyone that was there knows every job since then has been easy. 

Offline Rather Hunt Than Tech

• Light User
  • It's not Rocket Science we're only Splitting Atoms
« Reply #90 on: Apr 16, 2010, 10:29 »
It was fun reading through the HP hall of fame.  Names of people I know, names of people I've never met.  Some I've seen in the last couple years or so and some I haven't seen in years.  Memories, the good old days when we were all young.

Based on the choices for HP hall of fame, without a doubt it would have to be Chicago University.  Two other contenders could be Shippingport ( the first commercial nuclear power station ) or Dresden ( the first fully utility funded nuclear power station ).

Two nominees for the hall of fame would be Eli Crosby Sr. and the late Vern Taylor.
ATF: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a Goverment Agency

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?