Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu What do Nukes (and familly/ friends) drive?
honeypot

Poll

What kinds of vehicles to Nukeworkers and their friends/family drive?

Econocruiser
Sedan
Luxury
Truck
Big Diesel w/ special labels/ornamentation
Motorcycle
MInivan

Author Topic: What do Nukes (and familly/ friends) drive?  (Read 160036 times)

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
Re: What do Nukes (and familly/ friends) drive?
« Reply #75 on: Jun 17, 2010, 06:13 »

??? You left motorcycle off the poll.
                                                                   :(

Sorry it took me 3 years to fix it. 
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline stormgoalie

• Former RP Supervisor, now an Engineer......
  • Very Heavy User
  • Go fast or go home!
« Reply #76 on: Jun 18, 2010, 02:32 »
Sorry it took me 3 years to fix it. 

Better late than never ;D Finally got to put my vote in the proper place!
WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, or blasphemy.

thenuttyneutron

« Reply #77 on: Jun 18, 2010, 09:50 »
I drive my beat up old Saturn.  My wife sometimes lets me driver her Subaru, the one that I pay for :P,  when the weather gets bad.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #78 on: Jun 18, 2010, 10:35 »
The minivan met a deer it didn't like on the way into work one morning.  The replacement was a 5 speed PT Cruiser, which my son's now driving.  I'm enjoying my '04 Neon,also a 5 speed these days. (Gotta enjoy the drive to work somehow, right? :P)
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline bradley535

• Light User
  • My employer found me at NukeWorker.com
« Reply #79 on: Jun 19, 2010, 12:25 »
I drive my wife insane.

Content1

« Reply #80 on: Jun 19, 2010, 03:56 »
1984 Merc 300 SD that can run on vegetable oil, even used oil, so it fuel skyrockets under cap & trade I can use alternate fuels.  Vegetable oil is carbon neutral and growing the soy it absorbed carbon dioxide that is simply re-introduced upon burning it.  Otherwise I bike to work.

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #81 on: Jun 20, 2010, 09:21 »
I made a lot of big mistakes over the years and one of those was when I was fresh off the boat. My sole focus was getting a Corvette. My pay had more than doubled so I didn't listen to all the older techs calling me an idiot. There were several. I kept that piece of crap for four years. It even got stolen but "lucky for me" it was found and returned. While working at a Duke plant, a girl came up to me and asked," aren't you the guy with the Vette"? Why yes...Yes I am. This of course led to another big mistake which lasted 19 years. But now that I think of it, if I had not bought that car, I would not have my son. So thanks to that financially inept purchase of that piece of crap car, I am having an awesome Father's Day so far. Happy Father's Day!!!!
The best vehicle was my 95 Astro mini van. I used it in the business I ran while I was out of the nukes for 5 years. I kept it when I got my Ops job. I put 247,000 miles on it. I especially loved it during outages. When you had these idiots that would take up a space and a half with their behemoth dually, I made it my mission to fit in the half space. I would just crawl out the back.
« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2010, 10:27 by xobxdoc »

nukewood

« Reply #82 on: Jun 20, 2010, 01:27 »
1984 Mercedes 190 diesel, 200,000 miles ( just broken in) ,over 40 mpg, reliable. As an American ,I wish we had the option of finding more cars like this to buy rather than the plethora of fire breathing monsters that America has a love affair with.

LaFeet

« Reply #83 on: Jun 28, 2010, 11:33 »
Still driving the 97 montero...... 5 cows, 3 deer, and 2 turkeys later it's still chugging down the motorcade.  Only 257,000 miles and I am still on the original shocks....  I think i will keep it another 5 years before moving into a FX50 ;)

Offline sscone

• Moderate User
« Reply #84 on: Aug 05, 2010, 10:56 »
A 2005 VW Jetta GLI version. 6 speed, 1.8L 4cyl /w turbo. gets about 32 miles/gal. if I keep foot out of it.

Offline Jimmykroffa

• Light User
  • Nuclear Operator
« Reply #85 on: Aug 07, 2010, 10:41 »
I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!

Sun Dog

« Reply #86 on: Aug 07, 2010, 01:01 »
I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!

It is admirable that you have the guts to admit that.  But really, did you have to shout?

On The Road

« Reply #87 on: Aug 07, 2010, 01:56 »
I have a 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab with a 6.2L Gas with 420 horses, and I also have a 2003 Heritage Softail.

Offline Jimmykroffa

• Light User
  • Nuclear Operator
« Reply #88 on: Aug 07, 2010, 03:52 »
Actually, I did have to shout. That's the Will Ferrell skit on Saturday Night Live...He's at the dinner table with his family and his kids are disrespecting him. He stands up and shouts "You do not talk to me like that!! I work too hard to deal with this stuff!! I work too hard!! I'm a Division Manager in charge of 49 people!! I drive a Dodge Stratus!!" ;D

Sun Dog

« Reply #89 on: Aug 07, 2010, 04:05 »
Actually, I did have to shout. That's the Will Ferrell skit on Saturday Night Live...He's at the dinner table with his family and his kids are disrespecting him. He stands up and shouts "You do not talk to me like that!! I work too hard to deal with this stuff!! I work too hard!! I'm a Division Manager in charge of 49 people!! I drive a Dodge Stratus!!" ;D

Will who?  SNL stopped existing long before the Stratus was born.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #90 on: Aug 07, 2010, 04:58 »
"You do not talk to me like that!! I work too hard to deal with this stuff!! I work too hard!! I'm a Division Manager in charge of 49 people!! I drive a Dodge Stratus!!" ;D

That almost sounds like a recent OTH nuke on the find-me-a-job thread  ;)

On-topic: Dodge Stratus, it's like a PT Cruiser without the hatchback !

Offline Old HP

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #91 on: Aug 07, 2010, 11:59 »
Lexus RX  like it so much we have 2.

Offline Rock Chalk Jayhawk

• Light User
  • Stay positive, and love your life!
« Reply #92 on: Nov 18, 2010, 10:57 »
2006 Nissan Titan LE that the wife now drives since we totaled the 98 Avalon (other driver's fault), and 2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder which is my daily driver. Sure does make commuting fun!
"A shortcut's a self defeating means.  If you cannot do it clean, you'll never reach your reward. And when the day is done, what you receive is the sum of what you took out from what you put in." ~311

Offline rcr26

• Very Lite User
« Reply #93 on: Apr 11, 2012, 07:09 »
Depends where you are going at the time. Sometimes I will drive my restored 49 plymouth to a car show. Sometime I
drive my 86 Dodge Truck been to many outages with it back in the old days. I drive my restored 1970 Nova now to Muscle Car shows it has been to DC Cook, IP2, McGuire, Vermont Yankee in the early 80s.I dive the 97 dually for distance driving now since it carries 150 gallons of fuel. Sometimes I will drive the Corvair or the 75 Nova. All my Rad toys. I have 8 vehicles at this time and looking for more.

Offline Takar

• Very Lite User
« Reply #94 on: Jan 04, 2013, 04:21 »
2004 Tahoe LT for the family and a 1998 white Saturn SL1(all manual, no power) for me. Great gas mileage and runs like a champ.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #95 on: Jan 04, 2013, 03:21 »
2012 Ford F250 4x4 diesel.
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2013, 03:03 by Mike McFarlin »
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline bill10249

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #96 on: Jan 10, 2013, 06:31 »
Two Corvettes (wife and I)
Two Goldwings  (Wife and I)
Chevy 4X4 (me)
Mustang covertible ( step son)
trains stop at a train station, busses stop at a bus station and now I sit at a work station working for DOE - you decide

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #97 on: Jan 10, 2013, 07:26 »
Giant Escaper mountain bike.  :)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline indoprime

• HP on a stick
  • Moderate User
  • You got two choices..deal with it, or deal with it
« Reply #98 on: Jan 16, 2013, 02:14 »
2002 Mitsubishi Montero Sport and a 2012 Nissan Altima 2door coupe.
Excuses are tools of the incompetent which create monuments of nothingness, Those who specialize in their uses seldom achieve anything.

rlbinc

« Reply #99 on: Feb 27, 2013, 03:19 »
You might walk first, if that's how you count pennies.

I'm a roadie and I put 30,000 miles a year on a car. This car cost 14,750 on CarsDirect, gets over 35 mpg and has an extremely low maintenance cost. I change the Mobil 1 oil every 7500 miles. I'll drive it 7 years, put 200k miles on it and sell it to a college kid when I'm done.

Since I work for my own company, I get my 48.5 cents per mile.

Does your vehicle pay this well?

Update: Its 2013, and the Honda has 165,000 miles on it. It will be ten years old in 2015, and I should have that 200,000 miles on it.
Bought an Oxygen Sensor and Tires.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?