Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Roger Kennedy

Author Topic: Roger Kennedy  (Read 5533 times)

RPStoney

Roger Kennedy
« on: Apr 02, 2007, 07:41 »
Many  times  we  overlook  those  who  serve  our  cause  as  Road  Technicians. One  of  those  was  Mr. kennedy  of  Waynesboro GA. Owner  and  operator  of  Kennedy's Apartments  about  4  miles  from  Plant Vogtle His  passing  was  just  1  day  after  the  passing  of  Ms. Debbie Sass  in  our  grief  at  that  time  we  missed  the  chance  to  give  thanks  for  the  life  and  kindness  of  Mr. Kennedy.  His  son  Chris  is  well  known  to  all  of  us  OLD TIMERS  of  the  Southern System  for  a  number  of  years. I'll  never  forget  working  with  Debbie Sass  at  Sheron Harris  with  Wayne Walters  so  many  years  ago. She  will  be  sorely  missed  by  all. But  the  very  next  day  Unfortunatly  Chris  kennedy's  father  passed  away  also.  Overlooked  in  our  grief  for  one  of  our  own.  But  for  a  number  of  years  the  Kennedy  family  of  Waynesboro ,GA.  time  and  time  again  unselfeshly  continued  to  open  up  thier  Apartments  during  outage  times  at  Vogtle  even  as  outages  became  shorter  and  shorter  and  much  less  profitable  to  the  point  of  being  a  Labor  of  Love ( Staying  open  to  help  H.P.'s  and Decon Technicians ) than  a  venture  of  Profit.  We  must  alway's  remember  the  Local  Friendships  we  make  over  the  years  at  the  many  locations  we  visit  (work)  at  over  the  years  and  give  the  correct  PROPS  to  those  who  have  helped  up  over  the  years  allowing  us  a  close  and  safe  place  to  stay  during  our  short  stay's  in  the  area  where  we  are  but  Guest  for  a  short  while.  GOOD  BYE  OLD  FRIEND, RICHARD P. STONEY   G.E.  SAFETY  REP.  LOVE  YA, GO  DAWGS
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 07:22 by Roll Tide »

remowil55

Re: Roger Kennedy
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 09:41 »
I was at St. Lucie when i learned of the passing of Roger Kennedy. Although he was not a RoadTech, he was a friend to all who live and played at the Kennedy's Bar and Grill. Roger was a friends friend. I don't think he every meet a stranger that he would have turned his back on. The first time i meet him, was at the bar. I pulled in got out of my truck and went in, the first thing he ask me was if i needed any money, or something to eat. This is a huge loss to all of us who knew Roger. I don't know if it is possible to count the number of techs that Roger helped. He always had a smile and something nice to say, he loved to meet everyone who stayed with him.All the cook outs and the food and beer, all the parties. Once again i have lost another friend. I stayed at the Kennedy compound more that most and never had any problems. I will miss him . Roger may you always rest in peace, thank you for all your kind words and you care. Chris and Brenda, i can't tell you how sad i am about your loss. Roger was a great man and freind. Love to ya. Remo

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?