Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Does anyone know any head hunters that specialize in Navy Nuke placement? honeypot

Author Topic: Does anyone know any head hunters that specialize in Navy Nuke placement?  (Read 12474 times)

abudka2006

I will be seperating the Navy in July07 and trying to find some help in my transition to a civilian power industry.

abudka2006

I am a Surface ET2(SW) qualified RO with 4 yrs operating experience.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
The consensus of many on this thread is that you are better off going solo. Troll the threads on this site for some of the related job search ideas (such as looking at this site's job board and every utility). You would be well suited for I&C (Instruments; like SGWL testing full time) or for entry level OPS positions.

And thanks for your service
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Fermi2

Don't use a headhunter unless you have to. There's a lot of good people from virtually every walk of nuclear life here and representing most of the major utilities. They'll steer you in the right direction and I'll venture you'll get a better job than most headhunters will get you.

Use a bit of elbow grease and don't turn YOUR future over to someone else.

Mike

Rad Sponge

Headhunters are like Navy Recruiters.

They have an agenda and a quota to fill. They make money off you taking a job and then there is like usually a 30-60 day period of employment you have to meet before they get paid, but its all subjective to the contract between HR and Headhunter.

I have had good relations with Orion. Again, still agenda driven, but I had nothing but great customer service from them. I attended one of their conferences. It was worth my time. I learned, I got better at interviewing, that is all that is important.

I had a great job offer through them, but I went my own way with what I was working privately and it has worked out to my favor.

All your searching, through whatever avenue you choose is ultimately driven by you and you alone and the results are your responsibility.

If you need help developing a resume, a cover letter, need some tips on interviewing, whatever, just PM me or e-mail me. There are many fine people here to assist you.

Also, make use of Navy TAP. Opinions vary, but at least it is a week off the crew.

tonynuke

I also had zero luck with headhunters when i got out.  Keep checking this site, and utility websites for openings, and dont be afraid to send them a resume and make contact! 
Good luck

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?