Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Help to be hired?

Author Topic: Help to be hired?  (Read 6018 times)

AyresRT2020

Help to be hired?
« on: Apr 23, 2007, 09:12 »
I have a POSS test followed by a plant tour, then an interview if I pass the POSS test. What would everyone recomened to wear to the POSS test and interview. This is for a job as Asst Nucl Auxiliary Operator, and also what would be an average staring pay for this position. I'm a former Navy nuc.
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2007, 11:23 by AyresRT2020 »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Help to hired?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2007, 10:26 »
Dress shirt, tie, and dress pants.  Basically, a suit, without the jacket.

AyresRT2020

Re: Help to hired?
« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2007, 10:44 »
Dress shirt, tie, and dress pants.  Basically, a suit, without the jacket.
Thanks this is what I was thinking!

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
Re: Help to be hired?
« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2007, 09:58 »
Only get 1 chance to make a first impression.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Fermi2

« Reply #4 on: Apr 25, 2007, 07:28 »
We tell job candidates to wear Business Casual which is dress shirt, tie and slacks.

As for your second question there are roughly 42,000 threads here discussing NLO Pay. May I suggest showing some initiative and using the search function?

Mike

Ron32

« Reply #5 on: Apr 25, 2007, 06:14 »
I have a POSS test followed by a plant tour, then an interview if I pass the POSS test. What would everyone recomened to wear to the POSS test and interview. This is for a job as Asst Nucl Auxiliary Operator, and also what would be an average staring pay for this position. I'm a former Navy nuc.

I just took the POSS test April 21,2002 for a  Auxiliary Opererator position for Waterford 3. The starting pay  was supposed to be $50000 to $55000 a year.  About 12 people tested and most of the people wore jeans. Only one guy was really dressed. I wore jeans also being that it was Saturday, but my advice to you would be to listen to what these guys say about a first impression and maybe were a tie and slacks.

As for as the test is concern the reading section is easy and straight forward, mainly stuff about density, steam,  water, power plant turbine, etc. The math is easy if you can convert units fast and do basic algebra quickly. The part that gave be a little trouble was the mechanical test, I could have done better. The gears will be easy, the fluid dynamics and hydraulic stuff is pretty easy the hard part for me was the mechanisms involving screws and levers. If I get a chance to take it again I will try to do better on the mechanical test.

Like I said I took the test Saturday and I thought I did well. But I got a notice on the the internet job site saying that I did not meet other minimum requirements. So I don't know if I didn't pass the test or if it's another reason for the response I recieved.

Good Luck
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2007, 06:18 by Ron32 »

LaFeet

« Reply #6 on: Apr 25, 2007, 06:32 »
You can take practise POSS exams online... we sat here the other night and laughed at the questions.

Trinian23

« Reply #7 on: Apr 25, 2007, 06:54 »
Also, depending on the plant, don't wear any clothing that contains polyester. We had bad Radon problems at our plant, made clearing the PCM's hell. (Personal Contamination Monitors).

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?