Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Gold Membership Drive

Author Topic: Gold Membership Drive  (Read 81554 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Gold Membership Drive
« on: Apr 25, 2007, 01:16 »
In 2004 we had 121 Gold Members.  That number dropped by 33% in 2005 to just 81 Gold Members.  In 2006 we were able to get 111 Gold Members, just 10 shy of our 2004 Record.

I want to set a new record in of 135 total members in 2007.  Please help us by becoming a Gold Member. 

So far, we have 27 of the 135 Gold Members this year.

What you can do:

1)   If you are a Gold Member, just renew when the time comes.
2)   If you are not a Gold Member, please follow this link to become one.  The price is 10 cents a day.  $36.50 for a full year.  This is a onetime charge; you will not be automatically billed next year.
http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;sa=subscriptions

Why become a Gold Member?  Well, we give everything away already, so there isn’t much held back for Gold Members.  There are some hidden forum sections that only Gold Members get to see, Such as the PoliSci area, where people chat about politics, the Sports Talk area where people…well… talk about sports.  Then there is the Entertainment area where people talk about general entertainment such as movies, videogames, vacations, books, TV, and music.

There is also a “No Holds Barred” section with a joke message board, and a ‘bathroom wall’ that you just have to see to believe.

Gold members also get a free copy of the Outage schedule, and the ability to affect people’s Karma!  Unlimited messages in their Personal Messages box, the ability to upload your own "Avatar" (personal profile picture) to your profile. The ability to edit your own "Custom Title" in your profile, the ability to move and lock your topics in the Forum, The ability to post attachments to your posts in the Forum, The ability to add events to the Calendar, the ability to have a PERSONAL Photo Gallery and LARGER upload limits in the Photo Gallery.

You also have your name in GREEN in the who’s online sections, and a cool “Gold Member” badge for your forum profile as well.

So far, we have 27 of the 135 Gold Members this year, you could be # 28.

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
Re: Gold Membership Drive
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29, 2007, 03:15 »
The info on Massachusetts unemployment was worth the Gold Membership.

RNN

« Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2007, 11:18 »
Thanks for the work that you do for all of us with this site.

I became a Gold Member because of the work you do and I know how much running a site like this costs.

I have my payments on auto, I think Feb was my re-up and I'll continue to be a gold member until I leave the busniess and Dave no you can't give yourself Karma  8)

RNN

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2007, 10:43 »
To check on the status of your gold membership, click on the gold member link, like this one:

It will tell you when you signed up, and when you are due.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #4 on: Jun 06, 2007, 05:50 »
UPDATE:  I have contacted our programmer, and asked him to change the subscription area to work more like you think it should work, and to try to help us avoide this issue.

Here is what happened:

Your start date for the "Gold Member" was Apr 25, 2007, so 365 days take it to Apr 24, 2008.

You also had a "Gold Membership with No Holds Barred"”(different subscription) from Apr 03, 2006 to May 28, 2007.

See picture attached.

This brings up several good points:

1: There are two subscription options, choose the right one.  One gives you access to the "No Holds Barred" section, let’s call that option ONE.  The other does not give access to the “No Holds Barred” section, let’s call that option TWO. They cost the same, and are identical otherwise.  If the NHB section offends you, don't get it, otherwise, go for it.

2:  It's a simple computer system, if you buy an option TWO subscription on Apr 25, 2007, and it is good for 365 days, it WILL expire on Apr 24, 2008, even if you have an option ONE subscription running at the same time.

3:  If you have an active option ONE subscription, it will not be a choice, only the option TWO subscription will be a choice.  DO NOT buy the option TWO subscription early, thinking it is the same as option ONE, and that it will just add time on to it.  It will not.

4:  Of course I will help you out here.  Next year, if you want to renew your “Gold Membership with No Holds Barred”, do not get the "Gold Member" (Without NHB) a week early on a separate subscription.  They are not the same thing, and you will not have access to the NHB, and it will not ADD 365 days to the OTHER subscription.

-- I'm trying to get the programmers to fix this, please help us untill it is changed.

Mike;

I've canceled your “Gold Member” subscription, and added a year to the “Gold Membership with No Holds Barred” subscription. 

Please do not take offense to the tone of this message.  I know it’s a little harsh, and I’m sorry.  You are not the first, and you won’t be the last (I just recieved 2 other emails about this today).  In my defense, I’ve just had a 2 year old screaming in my ears for 3 hours, so I’m a little on edge.

Love you man, mean it.

I do appreciate your contribution, and I do appreciate your renewal.

UPDATE:  I have contacted our programmer, and asked him to change the subscription area to work more like you think it should work, and to try to help us avoide this issue.
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2007, 06:40 by Rennhack »

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
« Reply #5 on: Jun 07, 2007, 09:46 »

Why become a Gold Member?  Well, we give everything away already, so there isn’t much held back for Gold Members.  There are some hidden forum sections that only Gold Members get to see, Such as the PoliSci area, where people chat about politics, the Sports Talk area where people…well… talk about sports.  Then there is the Entertainment area where people talk about general entertainment such as movies, videogames, vacations, books, TV, and music.

There is also a “No Holds Barred” section with a joke message board, and a ‘bathroom wall’ that you just have to see to believe.

With only about a hundred or less Gold Members, the "No Holds Barred" section must be depending on all the contributions that occurred before Nukeworker became politically correct. I'm not intending this post to be criticism, just nostalgia for days gone by went no-one seemed to care what publications were in the outage trailer and you could tell or listen to a joke without having to look around to see if you were going to get fired.
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

Offline Phurst

• NRRPT-HPT
  • Very Heavy User
  • One in a row!
« Reply #6 on: Jun 30, 2007, 02:53 »
10 cents a day? 10 cents a day? How can I afford 10 cents a day? Apparently the computer people can't as there isn't even a cent sign on my keyboard. Thanks Mike. I like the new reminder. It is simplier that using a brain cell to remember. I'll need that one tomorrow.
Today is the best day of my life! HSIITBS!

'For the quality of owning freezes you forever into "I" and cuts you off forever from the "we". - Steinbeck

Offline Hasher

• Light User
  • Livin' the dream...
« Reply #7 on: Aug 17, 2007, 08:03 »
I appreciate everything you have been able to accomplish with this site Mike.  I have re-located to Canada, but I still keep up with the changes in attitudes and latitudes through Nukeworker.  Finally decided to pay up for the priviledge.  Hope you meet the targets for August.
Cheers,

Hasher

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #8 on: Aug 17, 2007, 12:02 »
Thank you for the support.  We are 3 gold memberships short for the month.  We were 6 short last month.  And we were 3 short in april.  So, for the year to date, we are down by 12.

We need 49 more members to sign up or renew to hit our goals for the year.  Is it time to get the dund drive thermometer out?

Marvin

« Reply #9 on: Aug 17, 2007, 07:10 »
Mike,

You have been relentlessly consistent for many years.

Thanks, I just became a gold member.

Marvin

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #10 on: Aug 17, 2007, 07:34 »
Thanks for the work that you do for all of us with this site.

I became a Gold Member because of the work you do and I know how much running a site like this costs.

I have my payments on auto, I think Feb was my re-up and I'll continue to be a gold member until I leave the busniess and Dave no you can't give yourself Karma  8)

RNN

What? Are you serious? I am cancelling my subscription.
No, then Marlin, RDTroja, and Slo-Glo wouldn't have a liberal to beat up on..... :P

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #11 on: Aug 17, 2007, 07:37 »
What? Are you serious? I am cancelling my subscription.
No, then Marlin, RDTroja, and Slo-Glo wouldn't have a liberal to beat up on..... :P

Karma to you, ride bravely ride
Conservatives to the left of you
Chicken Hawks to the right

Oh, wait, they are both on the "right"

Karma anyway   ;)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Gold Membership Drive
« Reply #12 on: Nov 29, 2007, 11:03 »
What you can do:

1)   If you are currently a Gold Member, just renew when the time comes.
2)   If you are not currently a Gold Member, please follow this link to become one.  The price is 10 cents a day.  $36.50 for a full year.  This is a onetime charge; you will not be automatically billed next year.

Why become a Gold Member?  Well, we give everything away for free already, so there isn’t much held back for Gold Members.  There are some hidden forum sections that only Gold Members get to see, such as the PoliSci area, where people chat about politics and religion, the Sports Talk area where people…well… talk about sports.  Then there is the Entertainment area where people talk about general entertainment such as movies, videogames, vacations, books, TV, and music.

Gold members also get a free copy of the Outage schedule, and the ability to affect people’s Karma!  Unlimited messages in their Personal Messages box. The ability to edit your own "Custom Title" in your profile, the ability to move and lock your topics in the Forum, The ability to post attachments to your posts in the Forum, The ability to add events to the Calendar, the ability to have a PERSONAL Photo Gallery and LARGER upload limits in the Photo Gallery.

You also have your name in GREEN in the who’s online sections, and a cool “Gold Member” badge for your forum profile as well.

Follow this link to become one:

« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2008, 01:49 by Rennhack »

Offline Rad_Toy

• RP TECH
  • Light User
  • Lovin life on the road !!
« Reply #13 on: Nov 30, 2007, 01:13 »
Mike,
  Was just woundering, how close are you to your target goal?

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #14 on: Nov 30, 2007, 06:26 »

So far, we have 102 of the 135 Gold Members this year, you could be # 103.

We only need 32 more gold members, we can make this target. 

Offline starving_dog

• Moderate User
  • Master of my domain
« Reply #15 on: Dec 02, 2007, 11:30 »
Count me in.
There are the Habs, and the Hab nots.

Offline RP Instructor

• Moderate User
  • Those who "can", "do", and go on to teach others.
« Reply #16 on: Dec 07, 2007, 10:30 »
Like I've said in earlier postings, Mike Rennhack has done those of us in nuclear a huge service, by creating a website where employer-and-employee can connect. That's why I support this website.
I'm currently employed, but there was a time when I was searching for a full-time job in nuclear , and before this website, it was a royal-pain-in-the-ass trying to find an employer who was hiring.

Thanks Mike! Wish you had come to work with us at VCS!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #17 on: Dec 12, 2007, 07:43 »
Mike,

Not doing so well.  Last year we had 24 gold members sign up in December, so the target of 32 should have been easy, if the 24 renewed, we would only need  8 new sign ups.

Well, we have had a total of 7 people sign up this month and 6 people just after the original message was posted. Not the 32 we need, but we can still make the goal.  I have faith...
« Last Edit: Dec 13, 2007, 11:43 by Rennhack »

vikingfan

« Reply #18 on: Dec 13, 2007, 10:52 »
      Mike,

Add me to the list of those that have renewed their memberships !!

Offline bcraig

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #19 on: Dec 13, 2007, 11:06 »
Add me to the list of people finally signing up after using this site for a long time.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #20 on: Dec 13, 2007, 11:44 »
2 down, 16 more to go.  Time for that thermometer to make a come back.

The drive is on!
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2007, 04:30 by Rennhack »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #21 on: Dec 13, 2007, 05:24 »
Someone just called me and donated 10 gold memberships, now we are only 7 shy of our goal.  The person wants to remain anonymous. 

We'll have to think up a contest to give away the 10 free gold memberships. 

Any suggestions?

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
  • Finished the 5 year plan in only 34!
« Reply #22 on: Dec 13, 2007, 07:50 »
Consider giving them to institues of higher learning. Specifically ones with departments that support our industry. The chosen departments can provide access to their students exposing the site to an upcoming and possibly untapped user base.

(or)

I asked the Mrs. for a gold membership in my stocking this year, perhaps give one to her! ;) 
Things come to those who wait, but usually it's stuff left over from those who hustle!

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #23 on: Dec 13, 2007, 08:06 »
Just don't give any out to DW's liberals...lol. i think Tenn-1 has a good idea... maybe to research facilities where budget is tight and a different breed of Nukeworkers can have access. Since politics seem to dominate GM boards maybe you could give them to the Presidential candidates so they can express their views with us!  ;D

RNN

« Reply #24 on: Dec 13, 2007, 10:18 »
I know here in Idaho Falls that they have restarted thier Rad Con program at thier Tech school, so maybe look at what schools offer a Rad program split them up between them. Let the teachers have thier students write a report on whatever and submit them to you/us gold members for review and we choose who deserves them.

Just a thought

RNN

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #25 on: Dec 14, 2007, 10:02 »

I asked for a contest.  Not for random groups of people that we should invite to join the site.  Even if we were to agree to give it to one of those groups, they have no names or contact information.  And I don't want the first contact with new people to be the 'gold members' area, with Dave Warren telling dirty jokes.  That is the LAST place on the site I would want the people named above to see.

Focus people, I don’t want lists of potential new users for the site.  I want ideas for a cool new contest.  So far, the only suggestion was an essay contest.  It might be the best option, but yawn…

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #26 on: Dec 14, 2007, 10:10 »
How about a photo contest with nuke related content?

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #27 on: Dec 14, 2007, 10:49 »
My favorite contest, was Father Guido Sarducci's 'Find-a the Pope in the Pizza' contest from the original Saturday Night show.

Since that one may not be appropriate, how about a 'Nukeworker Scavenger Hunt' where you send people searching through the site for information, pictures, quotes, trivia, etc. The contestants have to IM you the links to the pages that the information is found on. First one with a complete list wins. Of course, you would have to make some hard to find (i.e. not searchable) but I am sure you could come up with something obscure.

Or, maybe a 'Nukeworker Treasure Hunt'. Give a clue as a starting point which leads to another part of the site where another clue is found leading to another location, etc. Make a labyrinth that leads people through the site... they may even learn something on the way. The last stop on the way would be a password to send to you to prove they got there. You could open the Gold Member section again for the hunt so people could get an idea of what is there. Maybe even the contestants that don't win will be inspired to join after getting into the heart of things.

That is the best I could come up with off the cuff, but I will keep thinking. Well, for a little while anyway... it is Friday.
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2007, 10:50 by RDTroja »
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #28 on: Dec 14, 2007, 10:51 »
But, hey I think there should (maybe) a veterans extra-credit program.

And how do I verify they are a vet?  Have them mail me a copy of they Vets card?

(I sure am grouchy in the morning)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #29 on: Dec 14, 2007, 10:55 »
My favorite contest, was Father Guido Sarducci's 'Find-a the Pope in the Pizza' contest from the original Saturday Night show.

Since that one may not be appropriate, how about a 'Nukeworker Scavenger Hunt' where you send people searching through the site for information, pictures, quotes, trivia, etc. The contestants have to IM you the links to the pages that the information is found on. First one with a complete list wins. Of course, you would have to make some hard to find (i.e. not searchable) but I am sure you could come up with something obscure.

Or, maybe a 'Nukeworker Treasure Hunt'. Give a clue as a starting point which leads to another part of the site where another clue is found leading to another location, etc. Make a labyrinth that leads people through the site... they may even learn something on the way. The last stop on the way would be a password to send to you to prove they got there. You could open the Gold Member section again for the hunt so people could get an idea of what is there. Maybe even the contestants that don't win will be inspired to join after getting into the heart of things.

That is the best I could come up with off the cuff, but I will keep thinking. Well, for a little while anyway... it is Friday.

I like it.

How about a photo contest with nuke related content?

We did something like that last year, but perhaps.

Hmmm... how about... There are 10 to give out, so we could have more than one contest!  One could be who can upload the most pictures to the photo gallery.

Offline stormgoalie

• Former RP Supervisor, now an Engineer......
  • Very Heavy User
  • Go fast or go home!
« Reply #30 on: Dec 14, 2007, 12:46 »
Wait a minute, all I had to do was wait for the contest to become a Gold member??? LOL!!! As the proceeds from the Gold members support the ongoing operation of this site I am more than happy to have paid. ;D

Cheers,

Jim Rodgers
NRRPT
RP Supervisor
Ontario Power Generation
Western Waste Management Facility
WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, or blasphemy.

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #31 on: Dec 14, 2007, 01:43 »
Who says the donation has to go to a new member... maybe a present member can get a free year added on in any contest.

Offline Phurst

• NRRPT-HPT
  • Very Heavy User
  • One in a row!
« Reply #32 on: Dec 14, 2007, 10:37 »
I like it.

Me too, although I'd never win. I could never figure out the search thingy, but hey! That's just me.
Today is the best day of my life! HSIITBS!

'For the quality of owning freezes you forever into "I" and cuts you off forever from the "we". - Steinbeck

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #33 on: Dec 15, 2007, 08:19 »

K to 'ya Roger. This is a great idea ;D
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #34 on: Dec 17, 2007, 01:44 »
Someone just called me and donated 10 gold memberships, now we are only 7 shy of our goal.  The person wants to remain anonymous. 

Any suggestions?

Here's an update.  We have 123 gold members this year, plus the promised 10 (check is in the mail) = 133.

Our goal is 135.

We need 2 more.

Modified for spelling.  hc
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2007, 01:41 by Rennhack »

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #35 on: Dec 17, 2007, 08:05 »
Contest idea:

Why not have 10 seperate contests based or themed around the following forums...

History & Trivia - Marlin
Polls - Roger
Facility Info
Navy Nuke - Shane/Jason
PolySci - Tom
Sports Talk - Gonzo
Entertainment - Camella
Humor -
Exposure -
Nuke News - Sloglo

Each of the moderators responsible for these areas (plus a few extra) would be responsible for either designing a contest for their forum or for judging what the best post to that area/forum was within a specific time period.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #36 on: Dec 17, 2007, 08:57 »
Contest idea:
Why not have 10 seperate contests based or themed around the following forums...

History & Trivia - Marlin
Polls - Roger
Facility Info
Navy Nuke - Shane/Jason
PolySci - Tom
Sports Talk - Gonzo
Entertainment - Camella
Humor -
Exposure -
Nuke News - Sloglo

Each of the moderators responsible for these areas (plus a few extra) would be responsible for either designing a contest for their forum or for judging what the best post to that area/forum was within a specific time period.

Another great idea.  (Except for SloGlo being a judge.  Who made him a moderator, anyways?)

I think if we use this as one of our contests (which I don't see why not), I wo9uld not include the Gold member forums, because the non-gold members (target demo) dosent have access to them.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #37 on: Dec 19, 2007, 01:40 »
Update:

The check from the Anon Donor arived today.  We now have exactly 135 gold members for the year, we made our number!

Now I'll figure out how to give those 10 memberships away.

McBride

« Reply #38 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:08 »
Mike,
Wheeeeeeee!  I'm GOLD!

Now, if I could only get a job in the nuke industry LOL! :P

Seriously, Mike thanks for the board.  Of course everythng I need (as a newbie) is free.  I joined because I felt it is the right thing to do; to be a contributing member. 

Thanks,
McBride

McBride

« Reply #39 on: Jan 31, 2008, 09:46 »
Hmm...  I went GOLD on January 27th, and 4 days later got hired by Farley... COINCIDENCE?  I THINK NOT!

Okay, it is a total coincidence, but everyone should consider joiining this board.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #40 on: Jan 31, 2008, 10:18 »
Hmm...  I went GOLD on January 27th, and 4 days later got hired by Farley... COINCIDENCE?  I THINK NOT!

Okay, it is a total coincidence, but everyone should consider joiining this board.

Is it a coincidence?  Or are we are a secret society that makes careers for our brothers.  Well, its a rumor, but we can't prove it.
« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2008, 09:38 by RDTroja »

McBride

« Reply #41 on: Feb 01, 2008, 09:57 »
Nuclear Masons?

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #42 on: Feb 01, 2008, 12:04 »
Nuclear Masons?
Did you get your ring, and shown the special handshake?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #43 on: Feb 01, 2008, 12:08 »
Did you get your ring, and shown the special handshake?

Radioactive Skull & Sr-90 Bones? ;)

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
« Reply #44 on: Apr 22, 2008, 11:07 »
I just renewed my Gold Membership.

Come on everyone... let's support that BEST nuclear site out there!!

Lorrie   ;D

wolfxoman

« Reply #45 on: Apr 23, 2008, 04:48 »
I am now a Gold Member woo hoo.  Been a lurker for a while but this site has given many helpful insights to this field.  Thanks to all. ;D

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #46 on: Apr 23, 2008, 10:19 »
Welcome

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #47 on: Apr 30, 2008, 12:32 »
 ;) I renewed mine too!

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2010, 01:01 »
When does a Gold Member get their status back once they resubscribe after letting their subscription run out?

Mine isn't showing up.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2010, 08:06 »
When does a Gold Member get their status back once they resubscribe after letting their subscription run out?
Mine isn't showing up.

When you click on ALL of the "Next, Next, Next, Next, Next" buttons and return to site, it's automatic.  If you don't.... I have to go in and manually edit it.

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2010, 05:22 »
It finally showed up and all of Nukeworker can rest easy.....especially the Sandusky goofball....;)

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2010, 06:32 »
I saved you the trouble, all three mouse clicks of it,....woohoo!!!!!!!

Just a thought;

Over in the appropriate forums of the GM section things are a bit more free wheeling, and are more fun.

Out here in the open forums the rules are tighter, which is appropriate.

Yet, it seems the OP in this particular thread is trying to sell product, it's a good, straight up, Joe Friday opening post full of information and detail. A good engineers/technicians post. Lots of steak,.......no sizzle.

If there was any thread in the open forums where the site could relax a little bit and give a glimpse of the lighter, breakroom community found in parts of the GM forums this would seem to be the thread.

You know, a PG rated peek at "Who are these psychologically complicated, yet strangely creative individuals and what is this Hatfield/McCoy thing they obviously have going on?
Where can I fit in and play? Or, just watch?

It's your site, I just had a thought is all,...... Cool

(sic)

Perhaps a new thread, showing examples of GM discussions. Would still need moderation. Or it could be a cut and paste "best of" type thread.

But yeah, it could be a good idea.... 8)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline crusemm

• Moderate User
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2010, 08:29 »
I'm with HD.  A "Best of GM" section, with appropriately edited content, would be great.
Authentic truth is never simple and that any version of truth handed down from on high---whether by presidents, prime ministers, or archbishops---is inherently suspect.-Andrew Bacevich

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?