Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Gold Membership Drive
honeypot

Author Topic: Gold Membership Drive  (Read 81537 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: Gold Membership Drive
« Reply #25 on: Dec 14, 2007, 10:02 »
We'll have to think up a contest to give away the 10 free gold memberships. 

I asked for a contest.  Not for random groups of people that we should invite to join the site.  Even if we were to agree to give it to one of those groups, they have no names or contact information.  And I don't want the first contact with new people to be the 'gold members' area, with Dave Warren telling dirty jokes.  That is the LAST place on the site I would want the people named above to see.

Focus people, I don’t want lists of potential new users for the site.  I want ideas for a cool new contest.  So far, the only suggestion was an essay contest.  It might be the best option, but yawn…

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #26 on: Dec 14, 2007, 10:10 »
How about a photo contest with nuke related content?

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #27 on: Dec 14, 2007, 10:49 »
My favorite contest, was Father Guido Sarducci's 'Find-a the Pope in the Pizza' contest from the original Saturday Night show.

Since that one may not be appropriate, how about a 'Nukeworker Scavenger Hunt' where you send people searching through the site for information, pictures, quotes, trivia, etc. The contestants have to IM you the links to the pages that the information is found on. First one with a complete list wins. Of course, you would have to make some hard to find (i.e. not searchable) but I am sure you could come up with something obscure.

Or, maybe a 'Nukeworker Treasure Hunt'. Give a clue as a starting point which leads to another part of the site where another clue is found leading to another location, etc. Make a labyrinth that leads people through the site... they may even learn something on the way. The last stop on the way would be a password to send to you to prove they got there. You could open the Gold Member section again for the hunt so people could get an idea of what is there. Maybe even the contestants that don't win will be inspired to join after getting into the heart of things.

That is the best I could come up with off the cuff, but I will keep thinking. Well, for a little while anyway... it is Friday.
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2007, 10:50 by RDTroja »
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #28 on: Dec 14, 2007, 10:51 »
But, hey I think there should (maybe) a veterans extra-credit program.

And how do I verify they are a vet?  Have them mail me a copy of they Vets card?

(I sure am grouchy in the morning)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #29 on: Dec 14, 2007, 10:55 »
My favorite contest, was Father Guido Sarducci's 'Find-a the Pope in the Pizza' contest from the original Saturday Night show.

Since that one may not be appropriate, how about a 'Nukeworker Scavenger Hunt' where you send people searching through the site for information, pictures, quotes, trivia, etc. The contestants have to IM you the links to the pages that the information is found on. First one with a complete list wins. Of course, you would have to make some hard to find (i.e. not searchable) but I am sure you could come up with something obscure.

Or, maybe a 'Nukeworker Treasure Hunt'. Give a clue as a starting point which leads to another part of the site where another clue is found leading to another location, etc. Make a labyrinth that leads people through the site... they may even learn something on the way. The last stop on the way would be a password to send to you to prove they got there. You could open the Gold Member section again for the hunt so people could get an idea of what is there. Maybe even the contestants that don't win will be inspired to join after getting into the heart of things.

That is the best I could come up with off the cuff, but I will keep thinking. Well, for a little while anyway... it is Friday.

I like it.

How about a photo contest with nuke related content?

We did something like that last year, but perhaps.

Hmmm... how about... There are 10 to give out, so we could have more than one contest!  One could be who can upload the most pictures to the photo gallery.

Offline stormgoalie

• Former RP Supervisor, now an Engineer......
  • Very Heavy User
  • Go fast or go home!
« Reply #30 on: Dec 14, 2007, 12:46 »
Wait a minute, all I had to do was wait for the contest to become a Gold member??? LOL!!! As the proceeds from the Gold members support the ongoing operation of this site I am more than happy to have paid. ;D

Cheers,

Jim Rodgers
NRRPT
RP Supervisor
Ontario Power Generation
Western Waste Management Facility
WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, or blasphemy.

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #31 on: Dec 14, 2007, 01:43 »
Who says the donation has to go to a new member... maybe a present member can get a free year added on in any contest.

Offline Phurst

• NRRPT-HPT
  • Very Heavy User
  • One in a row!
« Reply #32 on: Dec 14, 2007, 10:37 »
I like it.

Me too, although I'd never win. I could never figure out the search thingy, but hey! That's just me.
Today is the best day of my life! HSIITBS!

'For the quality of owning freezes you forever into "I" and cuts you off forever from the "we". - Steinbeck

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #33 on: Dec 15, 2007, 08:19 »

K to 'ya Roger. This is a great idea ;D
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #34 on: Dec 17, 2007, 01:44 »
Someone just called me and donated 10 gold memberships, now we are only 7 shy of our goal.  The person wants to remain anonymous. 

We'll have to think up a contest to give away the 10 free gold memberships. 

Any suggestions?

Here's an update.  We have 123 gold members this year, plus the promised 10 (check is in the mail) = 133.

Our goal is 135.

We need 2 more.

Modified for spelling.  hc
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2007, 01:41 by Rennhack »

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #35 on: Dec 17, 2007, 08:05 »
Contest idea:

Why not have 10 seperate contests based or themed around the following forums...

History & Trivia - Marlin
Polls - Roger
Facility Info
Navy Nuke - Shane/Jason
PolySci - Tom
Sports Talk - Gonzo
Entertainment - Camella
Humor -
Exposure -
Nuke News - Sloglo

Each of the moderators responsible for these areas (plus a few extra) would be responsible for either designing a contest for their forum or for judging what the best post to that area/forum was within a specific time period.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #36 on: Dec 17, 2007, 08:57 »
Contest idea:
Why not have 10 seperate contests based or themed around the following forums...

History & Trivia - Marlin
Polls - Roger
Facility Info
Navy Nuke - Shane/Jason
PolySci - Tom
Sports Talk - Gonzo
Entertainment - Camella
Humor -
Exposure -
Nuke News - Sloglo

Each of the moderators responsible for these areas (plus a few extra) would be responsible for either designing a contest for their forum or for judging what the best post to that area/forum was within a specific time period.

Another great idea.  (Except for SloGlo being a judge.  Who made him a moderator, anyways?)

I think if we use this as one of our contests (which I don't see why not), I wo9uld not include the Gold member forums, because the non-gold members (target demo) dosent have access to them.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #37 on: Dec 19, 2007, 01:40 »
Update:

The check from the Anon Donor arived today.  We now have exactly 135 gold members for the year, we made our number!

Now I'll figure out how to give those 10 memberships away.

McBride

« Reply #38 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:08 »
Mike,
Wheeeeeeee!  I'm GOLD!

Now, if I could only get a job in the nuke industry LOL! :P

Seriously, Mike thanks for the board.  Of course everythng I need (as a newbie) is free.  I joined because I felt it is the right thing to do; to be a contributing member. 

Thanks,
McBride

McBride

« Reply #39 on: Jan 31, 2008, 09:46 »
Hmm...  I went GOLD on January 27th, and 4 days later got hired by Farley... COINCIDENCE?  I THINK NOT!

Okay, it is a total coincidence, but everyone should consider joiining this board.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #40 on: Jan 31, 2008, 10:18 »
Hmm...  I went GOLD on January 27th, and 4 days later got hired by Farley... COINCIDENCE?  I THINK NOT!

Okay, it is a total coincidence, but everyone should consider joiining this board.

Is it a coincidence?  Or are we are a secret society that makes careers for our brothers.  Well, its a rumor, but we can't prove it.
« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2008, 09:38 by RDTroja »

McBride

« Reply #41 on: Feb 01, 2008, 09:57 »
Nuclear Masons?

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #42 on: Feb 01, 2008, 12:04 »
Nuclear Masons?
Did you get your ring, and shown the special handshake?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #43 on: Feb 01, 2008, 12:08 »
Did you get your ring, and shown the special handshake?

Radioactive Skull & Sr-90 Bones? ;)

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
« Reply #44 on: Apr 22, 2008, 11:07 »
I just renewed my Gold Membership.

Come on everyone... let's support that BEST nuclear site out there!!

Lorrie   ;D

wolfxoman

« Reply #45 on: Apr 23, 2008, 04:48 »
I am now a Gold Member woo hoo.  Been a lurker for a while but this site has given many helpful insights to this field.  Thanks to all. ;D

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #46 on: Apr 23, 2008, 10:19 »
Welcome

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #47 on: Apr 30, 2008, 12:32 »
 ;) I renewed mine too!

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2010, 01:01 »
When does a Gold Member get their status back once they resubscribe after letting their subscription run out?

Mine isn't showing up.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2010, 08:06 »
When does a Gold Member get their status back once they resubscribe after letting their subscription run out?
Mine isn't showing up.

When you click on ALL of the "Next, Next, Next, Next, Next" buttons and return to site, it's automatic.  If you don't.... I have to go in and manually edit it.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?