Career Path > NRC

Wishlist for new construction

(1/4) > >>

Roll Tide:
I was noticing a few components of a power plant that are difficult to manage. What would be the solution for some of those? I know some solutions are prohibitively expensive, but some would actually save a utility money. Real suggestions only please, Polysci is the place for fantasy discussions.

Here is my first suggestion: if you plan on building a new 2-unit facility, plan on building 2 simulators. This would free up simulator time, allowing more classes to be run at the same time. The simulators would run the same program, so the software would be about the same price. Additionally, when a new core is loaded (or significant operating modification), you could update the program on only 1 of the simulators if desired.

Fermi2:
Run hardpipes with site glasses from the Vents to the floor drains.
Place the CVCS Controls with the rest of the Reactivity Controls!

AND most IMPORTANTLY!!! IF you have instruments labeled Instrument 1,2,3 and 4 and Power supplies labelled 1,2,3 and 4 how about wiring it so each power supply powers it's corresponding instrument number!!!!!! (Sequoyah Pet Peeve!!)

For multi Units have no unit interdependence.

Mike

Roll Tide:

--- Quote from: Broadzilla on May 01, 2007, 04:06 ---For multi Units have no unit interdependence.

--- End quote ---

While all of the items listed were excellent, this one has to be the biggest. When dual-unit outages were common, these requirements were envisioned to be workable. Now it is absurd for any safety-related system, with the possible exception of SFP.

Nuclear NASCAR:

--- Quote from: Broadzilla on May 01, 2007, 04:06 ---!

AND most IMPORTANTLY!!! IF you have instruments labeled Instrument 1,2,3 and 4 and Power supplies labelled 1,2,3 and 4 how about wiring it so each power supply powers it's corresponding instrument number!!!!!! (Sequoyah Pet Peeve!!)

Mike

--- End quote ---

Likewise everything else that can be mixed up because of this poor labeling design.  Personal pet peeve, label the H2 mixing fan to match the RCP that it's placed over!  >:(

Fermi2:
Working platforms for major equipment.

Also piping with as FEW bends as possible.

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version