NukeWorker Menu Moab

Author Topic: Moab  (Read 37425 times)

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
Re: Moab
« Reply #25 on: Oct 17, 2007, 03:38 »
Gave the site a drive-by...big stack of dirt...looks like job security.

But, Moab (the town) is looking pretty touristy these days...don't like it as well as I used to...
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2007, 04:57 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

evil-leprachaun

« Reply #26 on: Oct 18, 2007, 07:55 »
I was in the circus once but grew up and became employed!

illegalsmile

« Reply #27 on: Jul 10, 2008, 07:34 »
Anyone know what's going on out there?

RNN

« Reply #28 on: Apr 01, 2009, 08:56 »
Not sure what the status is but Energy Soultions has the contract for the Moab site. This was a artical in the Grand Junction paper today

http://www.gjsentinel.com/hp/content/news/stories/2009/03/31/040109_1A_Moab_cleanup.html

RNN

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
« Reply #29 on: Apr 01, 2009, 11:14 »
It's too bad they haven't got that going yet.  Digging up Colorado in the springtime.... that has got to be a challenge!  Are they Super Sacking that stuff or straight lining it directly into the gondola cars?
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #30 on: Apr 01, 2009, 11:22 »
It's too bad they haven't got that going yet.  Digging up Colorado in the springtime.... that has got to be a challenge!  Are they Super Sacking that stuff or straight lining it directly into the gondola cars?

Luckily it only snows and ices in months containing "R"... ;)

Offline let-it-ride

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #31 on: Apr 02, 2009, 01:03 »
I am glad the extra money will be going to Moab. Not for Energy Soultions sake, but for the people that live there.
The manager at the site and the DOE rep in Grand Junction should be in jail. What they are doing to the workers and ignoring all radiological controls is criminal! The sad thing is that the people there do what they are told because they want a job. The RPM ignores all radiological controls and does what the DOE rep in Grand Junction tells him to do. He got the job there only because he would do what he was told.
The DOE rep from Grand Junction has cost the tax payers hundreds of thousand of dollars because of his arragance and incompatence. He dailey threatens the people there to do what he tells them or they will be gone or he will hold the money back to do the work.
If the press and the congressman that hold the budget knew of all the criminal acts that the manager and the DOE rep have done, there would be a national outcry to just stop everything until the criminals were replaced. It is that bad!!
In the past the manager had charges against him. Even though several people at the site confirmed the charges and added others, the corporate person said there was no basis because no one put it in writing.
Ok, I am really glad that the pile of dirt is going to be moved 30 miles away. BUT, it could stay there and be monitored by the TAC and save the tax payers the billon of dollars. But, with Obama in charge, just spend, spend, spend, and don't think about tomorrow.

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
« Reply #32 on: Apr 02, 2009, 04:36 »
let-it-ride,
Maybe this would be a good site to have a journalist get a job as a laborer?
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Offline gonzo_4362

• Very Lite User
« Reply #33 on: Apr 02, 2009, 04:16 »
I dont know about that but I do know the techs at the project are the best in the industry!!!!  HANDS DOWN!!!!
Life is what you make of it!!! Live and enjoy life to the fullest!!!

atomicarcheologist

« Reply #34 on: Apr 04, 2009, 12:59 »
Have all the RP types been hired for this site?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?