Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Rusty Earnest honeypot

Author Topic: Rusty Earnest  (Read 11499 times)

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
Rusty Earnest
« on: May 03, 2007, 09:54 »
It is with great sorrow and dismay that I post this.  Rusty Earnest, one of the nicest all around great guys of our industry, has passed.  I know I can speak for a lot of people out there when I say Rusty will be missed.   The article is below.  It has been verified thru his co-workers at Muscle Shoals.

Man’s body found inside burning Rogersville home; investigators suspect homicide

By Tom Smith and Russ Corey

Of the TimesDaily

Last Updated:May 02. 2007 11:42AM
Published: May 02. 2007 11:00AM
Last Modified: May 02. 2007 11:42AM

ROGERSVILLE - Lauderdale County sheriff’s investigators say the case involving a man whose body was found inside his smoke-filled home this morning could be a homicide.

The man’s identity was not immediately released. His body was found inside his residence on Wheeler Lake by a co-worker at about 10:30 a.m.

Rogersville firefighters extinguished a fire that authorities said was set inside the home on Travel Path Road.

Neighbors described the victim, who was in his 40s, as a likable neighbor who had lived in his residence at least 10 years.

Sheriff’s investigators were still collecting evidence at the scene shortly after 1 p.m. today. Chief Deputy Jr. Witt said evidence found at the scene led investigators to treat the case as a homicide.

The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
Re: Rusty Earnest
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 01:08 »
That is terrible news to hear. I went to IRM school with Rusty and shared apartments with him during the early 80's when we were both just starting out. Why anyone would want to do harm to such a great guy and like Eric said... one of the nicest people you will ever meet is just unthinkable. I am sure the angels are rejoicing at their newest addition.

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 09:37 »
 Just read this article from the Florence newspaper... very sad.

http://www.timesdaily.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070503/NEWS/705030328/1011

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 10:33 »
Is this the same Rusty who worked at D.C Cook fall of '99 to spring of 2000 for their SGRP?
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Kime_B

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 07:42 »
  :'(   Wow - hard to believe.  Rusty was one of my many roommates while working SONGS in the early 90's - where does the time go?!?

The memories (and legend stories) will live on.  Family and friends are in my prayers!

:(   Kime B  :(

Offline DJ@Retired

• Moderate User
  • Just Win Baby! Well Maybe Next Year!
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 08:13 »
Wow, I last seen Rusty here at Clinton. He was the Site coordinator for a couple of year's and a Tech for two years. This is a sad day for RP all over the U.S.. Rusty will be missed. See Link below:

http://www.whnt.com/Global/story.asp?S=6462548
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A great friend will be sitting next to you saying "Dam, that was Fun"

Offline rumrunner

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 10:02 »
We at Browns Ferry RP are heartbroken over this news.  The police are now saying Rusty was killed by blunt force trauma to the head.  He was one of the nicest people I have ever met. 

They are burying Rusty today in Loretto, TN.
Dave

Offline devildog

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 11:31 »
Autopsy determines man's death a homicide
By Tom Smith
Senior Staff Writer

Earnest
ROGERSVILLE -- Autopsy reports determined Thursday that a Rogersville man whose body was found inside his smoke-filled house Wednesday morning was killed by a blow to the head.

As a result of the report, Lauderdale County Sheriff Ronnie Willis said his department is now treating the case as a homicide.

Willis said the preliminary autopsy showed that 46-year-old Rusty L. Earnest died from blunt force trauma to the head.

"Apparently he was struck in the head with something," Willis said. "We don't know what that was at this point.''

Earnest's body was found inside his residence at 130 Travel Path Road, which is on Wheeler Lake. He was found about 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Investigators said blood was found on the wooden patio area on the west side of the residence.

"From the blood that was found, it appears there was some kind of altercation outside and then the body was dragged back into the house,'' Willis said.

Authorities believe a fire was then set inside the house in hopes of covering up the homicide.

It was unclear Thursday how many times Earnest was struck, authorities said.

Earnest's body was discovered when a co-worker and Rogersville Police Chief Ty Barrett went to the residence to check on him after he failed to show up for work.

Barrett said black smoke billowed from the residence when he opened the front door. The smell of smoke lingered for hours after emergency workers arrived.

Earnest's body was found near the living room door, investigators said.

Willis said investigators worked until early Thursday morning, trying to develop leads and gather evidence.

"And they were back at the scene (Thursday) talking to neighbors and others who might have known him,'' the sheriff said.

"We've been running all day trying to come up with something that could help us,'' said Chief Investigator Travis Clemmons. "At this point, we're still trying to run down leads, but we haven't come up with anything solid.''

The sheriff said investigators are still trying to develop a motive for the homicide.

"There are still a lot of questions that we're trying to get answers to,'' Willis said.

Neighbors said Earnest lived at the lakefront residence for more than 10 years.

Willis said anyone with any information about the incident is asked to contact his department at 760-5757 or CrimeStoppers at 768-7552.

Tom Smith can be reached at 740-5757 or tom.smith@timesdaily.com.

Offline rumrunner

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 08:32 »
An arrest has been made in Rusty's murder.  I don't copy and paste copyrighted articles, so please google it and you'll see the details. 
Dave

LaFeet

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 09:16 »
Sad to hear another one has passed away

Offline nothinbuttrouble

• SR HP TECH
  • Light User
  • I love being a professional babysitter!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 02:00 »
FLORENCE - An Eva man was taken into custody late Wednesday and charged with capital murder in connection with the May 2 beating death of a Rogersville man, authorities said early today.

Kenny Strickland, 24, was picked up by Lauderdale County sheriff's investigators late Wednesday at his home at 65 China Berry Drive, Eva. He was transfered to the sheriff's office where he was questioned and formally charged.

Strickland was taked to the Lauderdale County Detention Center just after midnight today. He was being held without bail.

Strickland is accused of killing 47-year-old Rusty Earnest on May 2, authoirities said. An autopsy report revealed the victim died after being struck in the head.

Earnest's body was found inside his home on Wheeler Lake, just off Lambs Ferry Road in Rogersville, during the morning hours on May 2. After failing to show up for work at Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant near Athens, a co-worker went to Earnest's house to check on him.

Investigators say he apparently was involved in an altercation outside his home and dragged back inside. They added that someone tried to set a fire in the house, apparently in an effort to hide the slaying.

Investigators said late Wednesday that Strickland had been a suspect for several days and that they had been searching for him.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?