Facility & Company Information > Diablo Canyon

Diablo Canyon

<< < (2/32) > >>

jrc0429:
This is my third rodeo (house) and this is THE Cadillac Ranch.

Pet_Cow:

--- Quote ---Good place to work.  Nice environment.  Biggest Problem:  THE SECOND MOST EXPENSIVE PLACE TO LIVE IN CALIFORNIA :o

What you make you will need for the rent or hotel - Think of it as a working vacation.  Studio Apt = 750 to 900 per month, Hotel = 60+ per night.  Since the area is a resort/retirement community and median house range is $700,000 - You get the idea.  Plus don't expect to stay more than 3 to 4 weeks.  That's all I got to say about that :-/
--- End quote ---

You mean not everyone just gets a sleeping bag and lives on the beach?  (Name that tech.- Or is this one too easy?)

Marlene_Souligny:
Diablo Canyon is my favorite plant in the country to work.  Unfortunately, I've had some long term assignments that have kept me away for the last couple of outages.  At Diablo you are hired by the utility and not through a contract company.  Thus, avoiding co-employment problems and getting better treatment and pay.  You are eligible to join the IBEW union when you are hired.  I, actually filed a grievance while I was there,(which I later won) and still get invited back every outage.  This is unheard of at other sites!  I really miss all of the house techs.  They make you feel welcome and treat you as if you're one of them.  Very professional supervisors that are always very helpful and keep an open door policy.  Hopefully, some day I'll be able to go back for an outage.

Brigrat:
Outage extended by 5 days so far, lots of interesting stuff going on, I would love to hear more details.  Anyone no why containment was evacuated more than once?  

Diablo6293:
Containment was evacuated due to Containment not ventilated like normally done to reduce possible spread of contamination. Workers cleaning areas on the 91' were using GOSH and Simple Green. One guy was very sensitized to those chemicals from previous exposures at other plants but decided to use them anyway. He complained of dizziness and nausea. Other workers followed suit. Containment evacuated to figure out the cause. ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version