Diablo Canyon

Above Average
71 (86.6%)
Average
8 (9.8%)
Below Average
3 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Diablo Canyon  (Read 184712 times)

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
Re: Diablo Canyon
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2007, 09:41 »
Is that wiith or wothot the tequila??
Without today, with tomorrow.......
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 06:41 by Mike McFarlin »
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2007, 09:42 »
  You going.. I could use a duty driver out there
I'm still there.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2007, 06:21 »
Great money for the techs at Diablo, cause its union.

Also, there is no overhead and profit margin for a contract company.  $35 - $40 plus perdiem is a fantastic deal for us carnies, my house payment is in Michigan, $42 - $45 for our house tech brothers and sisters does nothing to buy a $800K house in Shell Beach.  Doesn't seem like such a great deal for them.  Great plant however, very capable group of people both house and contract.  A pleasure to work here for sure.
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Evilpixie

« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2007, 10:13 »
$42 - $45 for our house tech brothers and sisters does nothing to buy a $800K house in Shell Beach.  Doesn't seem like such a great deal for them. 

Hey Bat Man!  I couldn't agree more!  We should get more money (wink wink, nod nod!)  You want to tell this to my boss?  It's 'bout time for me to get a raise! 

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2007, 05:38 »
Hey Bat Man!  I couldn't agree more!  We should get more money (wink wink, nod nod!)  You want to tell this to my boss?  It's 'bout time for me to get a raise! 

I would be glad to have a talk with the boss, come see me in the containment breakroom and we'll formulate a plan!!! ;D
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2007, 05:52 »
Great plant and good people make it a favorite. And the scenery is breathtaking. Can catch a whale tail every now and again from your office window.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 02:30 by Mike McFarlin »

Evilpixie

« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2007, 02:32 »
How does one actually get into Diablo Canyon?

Where do you apply for outage work etc.?

From the outage intranet website:

All interested external applicants may submit resumes to our external email address:
 DCPPOH@pge.com

805-545-HIRE (4473)
Callers may leave a message.

Evilpixie

« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2007, 02:40 »
Great plant and good people make it a favorite. And the scenery is breathtaking. Can catch a whale tail every now and again from your office window.

I was out on the boat sampling ocean water and had three dolphins come up five feet away from me!  I had seen them out there before, but never that close... it was such an epic experience! 

LaFeet

« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2007, 06:08 »
Thanks for the email contact EP

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #84 on: Sep 26, 2007, 10:40 »
Can anyone tell me who (PG&E, or a contract company?) staffs the medical facility...and how to go about trying to apply for an RN (or other nursing-related) position for the 2008 SGRP?  Thanks!

I know, it's late to try to line up something like that...but I just found out I am going to be working down there...and would like to find my wife a good nursing job...
« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2007, 01:27 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Evilpixie

« Reply #85 on: Sep 27, 2007, 12:15 »
Can anyone tell me who (PG&E, or a contract company?) staffs the medical facility...and how to go about trying to apply for an RN (or other nursing-related) position for the 2007 SGRP?  Thanks!

I know, it's late to try to line up something like that...but I just found out I am going to be working down there...and would like to find my wife a good nursing job...

I don't think the medical facility brings in extra peops for the outages... but here is the head guy's number: 805-545-4441.  His name is Craig Gallagher.

I do have a friend that runs a place called Maxim Health and he has said that he can definitely find work for her.  His name is Jadd Martinez; he said to either call or send him an email:
805-937-2787

Jamartin@maxhealth.com

I thought you were working for Canberra?  Will you be here with them?

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #86 on: Sep 27, 2007, 02:49 »
I don't think the medical facility brings in extra peops for the outages...

Thanks for the info, Evil!  :)

I thought you were working for Canberra? 

I have just proven (yet again) that 'permanent job' & 'UncaBuffalo' do not fit together in a sentence...so I gave myself early parole!  ;)

Should be a great reunion...I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and getting to work with you guys again!  :)
« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2007, 08:55 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

fit4denver

« Reply #87 on: Oct 07, 2007, 03:22 »
Hey Bat Man,  who did you contact for work at Diablo Canyon? 

LaFeet

« Reply #88 on: Oct 07, 2007, 06:20 »
Congrats to all that have bveen told they made it in,  me Ima hoping still to slide in as a tech.
But I will take any position just  to try out the Diablo

ramdog_1

« Reply #89 on: Oct 07, 2007, 11:31 »
who has the craft contract  at the site?
who is doing oversite for the SGRP?

Evilpixie

« Reply #90 on: Oct 08, 2007, 11:53 »
Craft is Day-Zimmer; SGT is doing the SGRP.  Granite Construction is also doing alot of building out here, too.  I'm sorry, but I have no idea who the contact peops for each company are... 

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #91 on: Oct 08, 2007, 09:48 »
Hey Bat Man,  who did you contact for work at Diablo Canyon? 

It is a "who you know" situation. You must have a reference from a returnee and the timing just right. I tripped ass over backwards into an opportunity there with the help of a dear friend. You need to check your network and see if you have a reference that could help you.
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #92 on: Oct 09, 2007, 09:17 »
I'm new to nukeworker. I worked 3 outages in a row starting with the 1st U-2 outage at Diablo. Any old timers that were there? Just trying to hook up with old friends. Remember the Breakfast Club? Pat Persky almost crashed our plane on Catalina Island.

MR BIG

« Reply #93 on: Oct 10, 2007, 01:04 »
Yeah, I worked the 1st Unit 2 outage there (Mark Aller). Haven't been back there since. Should have kept going. Don't know why I stopped. Great plant! Going to this one though. Hope to see you there.

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
« Reply #94 on: Oct 10, 2007, 09:58 »
I haven't worked hp since 95. I'm in ops now at calvert

Evilpixie

« Reply #95 on: Oct 10, 2007, 12:31 »
Patty is still house out here. Dawson now flies commercial jets (jet blue)... Moretti still flies, though the Breakfast Club isn't really around anymore  :(

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
« Reply #96 on: Oct 10, 2007, 04:55 »
is this sandy.

jess.addison

Diablo Canyon
« Reply #97 on: Oct 26, 2007, 05:41 »
Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I can find out who has the contract for the Diablo outage for Decon and HP work. Please let me know
Thank you
Jess

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #98 on: Oct 26, 2007, 10:16 »
Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I can find out who has the contract for the Diablo outage for Decon and HP work. Please let me know
Thank you
Jess

Diablo Canyon Hires their own HP & Decon for the outage, and they have neer 100% returnee rate.  So getting in is next to impossable.

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #99 on: Oct 26, 2007, 10:17 »
Thank you
Jess

The house does the hiring for both, need to be reffered by a returnee.
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?