Diablo Canyon

Above Average
71 (86.6%)
Average
8 (9.8%)
Below Average
3 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Diablo Canyon  (Read 184700 times)

RADBASTARD

Re: Diablo Canyon
« Reply #100 on: Oct 26, 2007, 10:56 »
It was staffed months ago

Evilpixie

« Reply #101 on: Oct 29, 2007, 02:38 »
From the outage intranet website:

All interested external applicants may submit resumes to our external email address:
 DCPPOH@pge.com

805-545-HIRE (4473)
Callers may leave a message.

I'm not sure what their status is as far as staffing, you'll have to give them a call.

LaFeet

« Reply #102 on: Oct 31, 2007, 05:33 »
Apparently the HP positions have been filled and they are selecting the deconners

ageoldtech

« Reply #103 on: Nov 16, 2007, 12:31 »
You're right Lafeet, They are now selecting Decon personnel. They like to hire locals so they don't have to pay perdiem. I'm out here now and even the ALARA folks had to have References.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #104 on: Dec 06, 2007, 10:35 »
Diablo Canyon asked me to post a link to their in-procession help page.  If you are going out there for the outage, please visit this page, and follow the instructions:

http://www.pge.com/microsite/diablo/
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2007, 12:41 by Rennhack »

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #105 on: Dec 06, 2007, 12:02 »
Diablo Canyon asked me to post a link to their in-procession help page.  If you are going out there for the o-utage, please visit this page, and follow the instructions:

http://www.pge.com/microsite/diablo/

Interesting that they view you as an effective way to provide information to their incoming workers....NUKEWORKER ROCKS!! :D
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

nogle

Diablo canyon
« Reply #106 on: Nov 04, 2008, 05:30 »
Does anyone happen to know who has the contract for the sgr at diablo

RD

newbie having hard time
« Reply #107 on: Nov 05, 2008, 12:33 »
hi im new to nuke world. i was told to come to this website to apply for diablo canyon outage for jan 09. i did my resume but i have no idea where it is and if it even got to the diablo personal. when i was in point beach the others went on to this website and suposidly got in. how do i get in for this outage for 09?

Offline justme

• Moderate User
« Reply #108 on: Nov 05, 2008, 08:46 »
SGT, and some Suntech have the contracts for most crafts.

If you are an electrician, mech maint or rad protection, it is the utility itself.  I know rad protection is already staffed, probably the other utility based hires are also.  Lots of returnees from last and previous outages.
It is what it is!

gaetano01

« Reply #109 on: Dec 19, 2008, 06:24 »
Hi all -- Does anybody have an email address or phone number to a nuke recruiter or ops manager type at Diablo Canyon they'd be willing to share?  I'm transitioning out of the Navy and am interested in applying to this plant, but it sounds like it's all about contacting the right person ...  Thanks in advance!

nicad

« Reply #110 on: Feb 02, 2009, 04:55 »
Anyone have insight on upcoming plans for hiring operators?  Spent some time in the canoe club as an ELT, and currently work at a gas fired utility plant at a domestic beer brewery (couldn't turn down the free beer)

Looking for something more challenging to be honest. Have my goals set on a license one day.

thanks!

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #111 on: Feb 09, 2009, 07:53 »
How goes the SGRP?  We want stories!  ...and pictures!  ;)

I've been kicking myself every day for not being there...  :(
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

RADBASTARD

« Reply #112 on: Feb 09, 2009, 08:56 »
UNCABUFFALO I forgot you took that house job,I thought you were at diablo again.
Sounds like a real money maker again.
How much longer is the outage?
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2009, 08:58 by RadBastard »

work thru lunch

« Reply #113 on: Feb 12, 2009, 12:46 »
I wish I was there to make some  real money with you guys.

Evilpixie

« Reply #114 on: Feb 12, 2009, 01:16 »
The schedule has us being parallel to grid going to 100% the week of March 30th. 

Oh, in answer to an earlier post, most of the crafts out here are Day-Zimmerman.

I'll ask around to find out about who to talk to about hiring operators.

Other than that... how's the new house job Unca?

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #115 on: Feb 13, 2009, 10:54 »
How goes the SGRP?  We want stories!  ...and pictures!  ;)

I've been kicking myself every day for not being there...  :(

We miss you. And I am sure that the refuel floor miss's you even more. All is well and we are having a good time. It has been raining a lot more than last outage but every other Friday we all get a 5 digit ray of light that makes it all better!!! ;D

The pre-outage party was a blow out like I have not seen since highschool, but I think "beer-run" has been retired.

The outage is going pretty well, dose on track for the most part and nobody has been hurt. That is the real measure of success. You are mentioned often. Take care.
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

underpar3535

« Reply #116 on: Feb 13, 2009, 11:57 »
Looking at the Pacific Gas and Electric Site. Does anyone know if Diablo Canyon is starting any Nuclear Learner Operators Classes

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #117 on: Feb 15, 2009, 11:03 »
UNCABUFFALO I forgot you took that house job,I thought you were at diablo again.
Other than that... how's the new house job Unca?
We miss you. And I am sure that the refuel floor miss's you even more.

Yeah...house jobs...gotta love them, right?  :(  Always takes a bit to get into the pace of non-outage work...I've been on this new gig since Labor Day - just got my first qualification Friday...  :/  So now I can start seeing how I do like the job! 

I'd definitely rather be on the refuel floor (or in the cavity!) with you guys!  :)

All is well and we are having a good time. It has been raining a lot more than last outage but every other Friday we all get a 5 digit ray of light that makes it all better!!! ;D

The pre-outage party was a blow out like I have not seen since highschool, but I think "beer-run" has been retired.

The outage is going pretty well, dose on track for the most part and nobody has been hurt. That is the real measure of success.  Take care.

Glad to hear you are getting some sun & entertainment.  Ham said the pre-outage party was most memorable!  Are you guys continuing any of the other traditions...paintball...voll eyball...poker tourneys...sunrise karaoke...?  Someone has to be taking some pix, right? 

Glad everyone is staying safe!  You guys take care, too!  :) 

If you guys get tired of that coast (not likely, I know) come see us poor displaced-Diablo-types!  ;)

« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2009, 06:49 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

ageoldtech

« Reply #118 on: Feb 15, 2009, 06:40 »
Diablo update: If we follow the current schedule we could come in at 53 days. The best was Comanche Peak at 55 Days 13 hours.

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #119 on: Feb 15, 2009, 10:35 »
Diablo update: If we follow the current schedule we could come in at 53 days. The best was Comanche Peak at 55 Days 13 hours.

I wonder if this record pace takes into consideration all of the hours of labor that was spent while we were still making neutrons?
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #120 on: May 31, 2009, 07:06 »

So...what was the final score?

Offline desertdog

• Moderate User
« Reply #121 on: May 31, 2009, 11:11 »
I believe it came in around 58 days.  Another world record on PCEs and maybe dose too.  64 PCEs I think and made the dose goal by less than 100 mrem.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #122 on: May 31, 2009, 08:16 »
I believe it came in around 58 days.  Another world record on PCEs and maybe dose too.  64 PCEs I think and made the dose goal by less than 100 mrem.

That's cool...I was thinking they would have problems meeting the PCE goal in Unit 1.  Glad I was wrong!  :)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #123 on: Jun 15, 2009, 09:28 »
I'm in San Luis Obispo County, and I was wondering of Diablo has a visitors center?  I googled it, and it doesn't look like it does.  But I'm this close, I thought I would ask.

Anyone in the area want to get together? I'm in Morrow Bay for the night.

Offline desertdog

• Moderate User
« Reply #124 on: Jun 16, 2009, 12:22 »
They have a center right off the highway (101) near the San Luis Bay Dr exit.  They used to have one on site but that closed before I ever came here.  I'm in the area but it's already pretty late for a work night. If you're here tomorrow, pm me. I get out at 4:30.

Jonathan

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?