Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Are there any power plants that honor time in service to the navy?  

Author Topic: Are there any power plants that honor time in service to the navy?  (Read 4551 times)

KilroyUSN

My friend just told me that he's looking to get a job with TVA because they honor the time he has spent in the navy as a nuclear electronics technician.
I dont know if this is true, and if it is true, how do I find other power plants that honor this retirement program.
He also said he thinks its 30 yrs till retirement, not 20, which is fine, I am just trying to figure it all out.
As it stands now, I dont get out for about 5 more years, but I am just trying to figure out what I want to do when I get out.

Fermi2

Your friend misunderstood. TVA is government so your Navy time counts towards VACATION, thats about it. As for retirement you can retire anytime you want. You aren't vested in the retirement system for 3 years so if you retire before than you'll get nothing. Afterwards you get a certain amount per month for every year you've been with TVA adjusted for the age you are when you retire. Otherwise there's no 20 or 30 year thing. Your Navy time does not count towards the retirement.

Mike

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?