Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Transferring  

Author Topic: Transferring  (Read 1763 times)

Offline earlbear11

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Transferring
« on: May 07, 2007, 09:05 »
How do you transfer programs from the desk top to a CD or make a copy of the program on the hard drive onto a CD

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Re: Transferring
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 09:11 »
How do you transfer programs from the desk top to a CD or make a copy of the program on the hard drive onto a CD

Well, assuming you have a CD- or DVD-Recoring drive, you should simply be able to perform a copy from your source to the CD and the software will take care of the rest as long as you know enough to answer some basic questions. If you have the drive and not the software, EZ-CDCreator used to be good, but if I am not mistaken, Windows XP makes it unnecessary to have even that. (It has been a while since I paid any attention because it has been so easy.)

Then again, I may just be fantasizing... years ago it was quite the production to make a CD. Now I think the CD is accessed as any mountable drive... unless your equipment/OS is ancient.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 11:56 »
You probably cant do what you want.  You need the installation program, because the program makes settings in the registry.

Just moving the program files over to the new computer probably won't work, you need to get the original instalation CD, or buy the software again.  Or redownload it.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 12:19 by Rennhack »

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 12:07 »
You probably cant do what you want.  You need the installation program, because the program makes settings in the registry.

Just moving the program files over to teh new computer probably won't work, you need to get the original instalation CD, or buy tyhe software again.  Or redownload it.

You are right... I was not thinking about pirating software, just copying files... silly me.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 12:21 »
If you are trying to put the installer on a CD, just put a blank cd in the drive, and open my computer, then open that drive, it will ask you if you want to write files to the disk.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?