Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Seeking Employment At Arkansas Nuclear One  

Author Topic: Seeking Employment At Arkansas Nuclear One  (Read 25016 times)

Newbie Nukie

Seeking Employment At Arkansas Nuclear One
« on: May 15, 2007, 05:45 »
I am seeking employment at ANO. Can anyone give me  information on where to apply or contrators that I can contact. I have been to the Entergy website, but I can't find any contractors. I'm interested in long term or outage work. I just want to get in the door. I appreciate any help you can give to me.
Thanks,
Andrea
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 08:30 by Newbie Nukie »

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
Re: Employment At Arkansas Nuclear One
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 01:22 »
Your best bet for long term is to keep checking on the Entergy job site....sometimes utilities post jobs on sites such as here or monster.com.  Contractors are good for outage work and then those would be your usual bartlett, atlantic, and who ever does their other little odds and ends.  Depending on what you want to be when you grow up you could also try the local union hall. 

vikingfan

Re: Employment At Arkansas Nuclear One
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 03:11 »
i believe stone and webster is the contractor for labor, pipefitters ect. www.shawgrp.com but if i tell you once turn around a run the other direction from this plant !!!!

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
Re: Seeking Employment At Arkansas Nuclear One
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 10:12 »
In general, the trend has been for companies to move away from the huge all-encompassing sites and to "niche sites". Receiving 10,000 unqualified applications for a job (as has happened in the past to TVA and other large companies in areas where excellent jobs are scarce) is a huge waste of time. Advertising on the company website only reduces the number of applicants, but may miss many that are highly qualified and interested.

I don't think Entergy is advertising on Nukeworker today, but I bet they will be soon (and for good reasons).
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline mach

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 12:31 »
What field are you looking to get into? I hear the best way to get in is being an AO. I heard the advertise on the local paper. If you serous about getting in you need to do some foot work either on this site or your local state career center. ANO is a big employer for the Russelville area. I'm sure the Chamber of Commerce, or the career center could help you.

Newbie Nukie

Seeking Employment At Arkansas Nuclear One
« Reply #5 on: Jun 12, 2007, 10:46 »
Thanks everyone for your help. I did work at ANO years ago as a firewatch. It's just so hard trying to get back in when you don't know who to contact. I'm looking for anything to get back in.....firewatch, dosimetry, decon. If you know of any other entry positions or who to contact, please let me know.....Thanks again!

Mad Yogi

« Reply #6 on: Jul 28, 2007, 06:34 »
Another option is to call the only Yell County nuclear staffing company with a heart. This is, of course, Quality Nuclear Services Inc. Ask for anybody named Byrd, especially Butch, Carol or Terry. Butch lives out by Mt. Nebo and though he probably doesn't have much going on at ANO he darn sure knows how it works out there. Tell em the Mad Yogi sent you.
Quality = 877-229-2529

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?