Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu guns in Cali?

Author Topic: guns in Cali?  (Read 6688 times)

bamafan34

guns in Cali?
« on: Jun 05, 2007, 01:35 »
Well, I graduated the pipeline, took my leave, and now I'm about to be a nub on a fast attack out of San Diego, reporting in a week, and I'm about to leave good old Tuscaloosa, Alabama, and I was wondering what the policy on guns at the sub base in Point Loma was, I have three rifles and four shotguns, and a couple of the guns are really old and have been passed down through my family, and I really dont have the registration for them, and basically I was wondering what the best course of action would be, I want to bring my guns to San Diego, but if there is no good way to store them, I'll just leave them at home, but if possible I want to bring them with me, so just wondering if they are allowed on the base, I'm already assuming their not allowed in the BEQ's, but I was wondering if I could possibly store them in the armory or something like that, anyway any information on that would be awesome, thanks.

JustinHEMI05

Re: guns in Cali?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 05, 2007, 03:20 »
I don't know the policies of the base or california but I do know a couple of people that stored their arms in the armory at groton. Things didn't turn out so well for the firearms. The people that worked the armory neglected and abused them (fired them, didn't clean) etc. I wouldn't store them there if I were you. I would just wait until you can move out off base to bring them there.

Justin

vikingfan

« Reply #2 on: Jun 05, 2007, 08:15 »
Have you tried looking for a firearm range or shooting facility near the base ? they may have storage for your weapons.

navytwinmom

« Reply #3 on: Jun 05, 2007, 10:05 »
I have lived in Cali all my life but not really sure of the laws about guns...rifles that is. Hand guns are a diffrent story...very very strick laws about bringing them in from other states (that is if you tell anyone about them) I know folks that brought them in did not tell and later they were in the hands of the cops.

I would suggest checkingout www.ca.gov and look up the stuff...hey I am starting to sound like BZ 8)

I would suggest private storage if needed!

Take care...good luck and thanks for your service

D

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #4 on: Jun 05, 2007, 10:16 »
I would suggest checkingout www.ca.gov and look up the stuff...hey I am starting to sound like BZ 8)

We are forming an intervention team now... don't panic.
« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2007, 10:16 by RDTroja »
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #5 on: Jun 05, 2007, 06:45 »
Nearest outdoor public range is about 50 miles from Pt. Loma. There isn't onbase storage. mini-storage has risk of theft.  It was a giant hassle for those of us enthusiasts during my time down there....just not worth it!

bamafan34

« Reply #6 on: Jun 05, 2007, 07:18 »
Thanks for the feedback. Guess it's time to give up shooting and search for a new hobby, im guessing qualifying would be a good one...

navytwinmom

« Reply #7 on: Jun 11, 2007, 01:38 »
We are forming an intervention team now... don't panic.

Thank god!! I was not sure I could handle it on my own... 8). I need all the help I can get

MMCDude

« Reply #8 on: Jun 13, 2007, 08:42 »
If you're going to bring firearms to Pt. Loma, you MUST declare them when you pull up to the gate.  Base security will give you the option of checking them into the armory (you won't be able to check them out for use, they are there for storage until you leave Pt. Loma), or they will tell you to have a nice day, turn around, and come back when you have no firearms with you.  Firearms are NOT allowed in vehicles or in the BEQ at Pt. Loma at any time, unless you are transporting them directly to or from the armory...

sfrederick

« Reply #9 on: Sep 11, 2007, 04:03 »
You wouldn't have to worry about them abusing your firearms if you had trigger locks, would you?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?