Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Glenn McCoy
honeypot

Author Topic: Glenn McCoy  (Read 8871 times)

Carol

Glenn McCoy
« on: Aug 14, 2007, 12:26 »
Glenn passed away this morning while at work from an apparent heart attack.  There is no other information available at this time.  I will update when I get the info.

Offline Imaginos

• Moderate User
Re: Glenn McCoy
« Reply #1 on: Aug 14, 2007, 01:07 »
I don't know if this is the Glenn McCoy I met in 1985 when he was working for NUS, but whether it is or is not, I offer my sincerest condolences to his loved ones...
"I'm not quiet; I just don't demand to be heard." ---George Harrison

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #2 on: Aug 14, 2007, 01:18 »
I know I worked with him at Palo Verde.
I know he was at K-25 when this happened.
His wife was a RCT at Oak Ridge also, from what I am told.
God bless her and all the friends and family while they endure his unexpected passing.

catbarba

« Reply #3 on: Aug 14, 2007, 10:58 »
May God Bless Stacy , their kids and all extended family.
Their address:    [deleted by rennhack, its not safe to post peoples address's online.]
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2007, 01:52 by Rennhack »

billybadax

« Reply #4 on: Aug 15, 2007, 02:53 »
I was told that Glenn's viewing will be Friday 1800 - 2000 at Brown's Mortuary in Kingston, TN.  The funeral service will follow at 2000.

Offline sammey1216

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #5 on: Aug 15, 2007, 11:59 »
My name is Stacy McCoy.  Yes Glenn did work for NUS in 1985 and he did work at Palo Verde.  I am the Security Guard that he married and had two beautiful little girls with.  He also adopted my son.  I have a favor to ask of some of you who are at Palo Verde.  I have been told that Scott Cowan has returned to that area.  He was Glenn's best man at our weddimg and I desperately need to contact him.  If you have any way of getting a hold of him please have him call me at 865-382-3495.  Glenn would want Scott to know about his death.  Thanks
Stacy McCoy

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #6 on: Aug 16, 2007, 02:16 »
Glenn 'Captain Bellbottoms' McCoy was about as good of a guy as you could hope to meet.  I spent WAY too many hours in facepumps and plastics with the guy, not to mention too many hours at the Boondocks too.:^)  One of the best guys I had the privilege of working with.  R.I.P. Desert Rat.  My condolences to Stacey and the rest of the family.

Carol

« Reply #7 on: Aug 16, 2007, 08:29 »

Friends and family will be received at Brown Funeral home in Kingston,
Friday, 8/17 from 6-8 PM.

The funeral service will be held at 8:00 PM in the chapel at the funeral
home.  There is no graveside service .

In Lieu of flowers the family asks that donations be made to St. Jude
Children's Hospital in Memphis. The address is: 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis,
TN 38105

The funeral home will have information Friday if you would like to send a
donation on-line..

I have only known Glenn a few years now, but he was absolutely one of the best people I've ever met.  I had the pleasure of seeing him every day around lunch time and he always left me with something to smile about. I will miss his daily chats and will always remember the dreaded cardboard box. Glenn will be sorely missed in the IH department here at ETTP. My heart and prayers go out to Stacy and the family.  I'll finish up with what I said to Glenn every day: "I love ya, Glenn, but I hate that box :)... I see you smiling from heaven.

gato-rojo

« Reply #8 on: Aug 16, 2007, 03:46 »
My condolences to Stacy and the family. I worked with Glen at Palo Verde as did my husband. He was a great guy.

illegalsmile

« Reply #9 on: Aug 16, 2007, 04:17 »
I worked at K-31/33 w/ Glenn and Stacy. Great folks both. I think I'll carry the picture of them pulling out of the parking lot on Glenn's scooter in my head forever. Ride on bro. Hang in there Stace.

radman5030

« Reply #10 on: Aug 16, 2007, 06:12 »
So sorry to hear, still can't believe it!  Ole "Long Hair" and his side kick "No Hair", I can see them in the break room now at BNFL.  Glenn will be missed by all who worked with or knew him, I can still remember meeting him for the first time, how he made me feel welcomed and was always there with an answer or helping hand, he would give ole "Fat Bast___d" hell, but in a good way. Save a place for me up there Glenn, for your passing shows us all how temporary this "gig" we call life is.

My thoughts and prayers go out to your wife and kids, God bless and keep them.  Rad

PAULTHEVOL

« Reply #11 on: Aug 17, 2007, 07:30 »
I met Glen about 15 years ago at S.E.G in Oakridge,he was a very kind and sincere man..This is stunning and very sad,my prayers are with his family---Paulie.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #12 on: Aug 17, 2007, 02:35 »
Brown Funeral Home
438 W Race St
Kingston, TN 37763
(865) 376-0050

Click here for a map and directions

I'll try to be there about 7pm.

Offline litespeed

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #13 on: Aug 18, 2007, 09:24 »
Glen was truely one of the good ones and will be missed by everyone who knew him. My thoughts and prayers go out to Stacy and her family.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?