Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Ed Newbauer
honeypot

Author Topic: Ed Newbauer  (Read 5688 times)

Offline nukedog

• Moderate User
  • Look at the head on that thing!
Ed Newbauer
« on: Jun 08, 2007, 05:11 »
Ed Newbauer passed away today at Browns Ferry, Ed had begun his career in the Nuclear Navy then came to Browns Ferry. Ed was unique guy, good worker and will be missed by all at the Ferry.
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2007, 06:54 by Rennhack »

Offline rumrunner

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Fallen: Ed Newbauer
« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2007, 05:34 »
Yes, it was a somber day at Browns Ferry for the RP Department.   Ed was a friend of mine.   He was one of the first people I met at Le Ferry when I came here in 1984.  Truly an accomplished man....ETCS in the Navy (he was not a nuke though....he worked forward).....BS in Electrical Engineering from UAH....MS in Health Physics from Georgia Tech.  And of course he had a family and we all are thinking of them at this sad time.   I'll certainly miss those phone calls: "Dave...Ed Newbauer....what's happening?  Heard anything good?  What's going on?"
Dave

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 2007, 11:42 »
Yes, it was a somber day at Browns Ferry for the RP Department.   Ed was a friend of mine.   He was one of the first people I met at Le Ferry when I came here in 1984.  Truly an accomplished man....ETCS in the Navy (he was not a nuke though....he worked forward).....BS in Electrical Engineering from UAH....MS in Health Physics from Georgia Tech.  And of course he had a family and we all are thinking of them at this sad time.   I'll certainly miss those phone calls: "Dave...Ed Newbauer....what's happening?  Heard anything good?  What's going on?"

Although I did not know Ed, it is clear from your post that you thought a lot of him. It nice to know that in this day and age that a man can come forward and say "he was my friend and he will be missed". I will send prayers out for his family and his friends as well that they know peace.

Offline rumrunner

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Jun 09, 2007, 07:16 »
Thank you, Camella, I appreciate that.  The irony is that Ed was not a very emotional person - he was always in one state of mind....that being to accept whatever was happening at the moment and accept it because he knew more than anyone that there really wasn't much that could be done to change "the moment".  Thus he never wasted a lot of time being offended.  Perhaps a lesson for the rest of us.  He was a man who was at ease with his life, knew his time was coming, and was at peace with the inevitable.  Ed had numerous health issues.  As he often told us..."I am the longest living male in the Newbauer family history!"

Dave

LaFeet

Re: Ed Newbauer
« Reply #4 on: Aug 21, 2007, 11:55 »
Please tell me that Ed did not serve long at Kings Bay Georgia..... 

Offline rumrunner

• Moderate User
Re: Ed Newbauer
« Reply #5 on: Aug 23, 2007, 05:16 »
I don't think Kings Bay existed as a base during Ed's Navy time.  He retired in the 70's.
Dave

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?