Career Path > EEI Tests

MASS (Power Plant Maintenance Positions Selection System) Archive

(1/26) > >>

MASS:
Below is the Archive if MASS and MASS/POSS related discussions.

wolfxoman:
I know on some sites web pages they have all the practice exams such as POSS, MASS, ect.  Have him look at the POSS test as well this may have more of the assembly questions he is looking for.

Here are a couple of links to the practice tests:

http://www.progress-energy.com/aboutus/employment/eei/index.asp

or

http://www.nukeworker.com/study/POSS.shtml

I beleive these send you to the EEI and one will give you the ability to purchase a book for studying for the test.

Good Luck :)

jcupertino:
Hi,

I've been reading all the posts about the POSS/MASS tests and after looking at the EEI overviews of the test I realized something about the Math section of the MASS - it is the short version (meaning the 19 questions in 8 minutes).  Can anyone confirm that? 

That would tell me there are only conversions but not algebra nor word problems. 

Anybody taken the MASS test but not the POSS test?  Any comments appreciated most definitely!  I've been given less than a week to prepare!

BoilerHP:
In the post about "POSS short math section" your question is answered... I would read this

The MASS math section is the exact same as the conversion section of the POSS. So you are correct with the time/number of Qs/ no word and algebra questions. I have not taken the MASS, but this is what I remember from that post.

jcupertino:
Interesting thought:

I took the MASS/POSS combo test, and the short math version was administered first -- this part counts for the MASS test.  I was only able to answer 7 of the 18 questions.

When I took the math section for the POSS - the long version - I completed all of the conversions because I had already seen many of them during the short version of the test.

As a result, assuming the other tests went well -- I could have passed the POSS test but not the MASS.  Will know soon.

Anyone know if the criteria for scoring the two tests is the same?  If I got all 7 answers correct on the short math test MAAAAYBE I still passed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version