Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu MASS (Power Plant Maintenance Positions Selection System) Archive  

Author Topic: MASS (Power Plant Maintenance Positions Selection System) Archive  (Read 155136 times)

dtucker89

Re: Question about MASS test. Please help.
« Reply #25 on: Feb 06, 2011, 04:50 »
To lend credit to what bulldog said, I too, had some questions marked N. I passed the POSS/MASS twice so far, (had N answered questions on both tests) and my best advice is more of the same: Answer quickly and accurately. I did not guess on ANY question, and I did not answer any question that I did not know the answer to. I don't know how they graded the dang tests, but I passed them both. Must be doing something right  :P
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2011, 01:42 by dtucker89 »

deskaiser

« Reply #26 on: Feb 06, 2011, 08:45 »
Thanks to all who replied.  I assume the pass/fail grading is the same for all power companies?   

deskaiser

Re: Mass/Poss Test
« Reply #27 on: Feb 06, 2011, 09:23 »
Thanks for the test taking tips.  My stomach is in a knot but I have some practice tests that came with the study guide I purchased so I can get a feel for it.  The short time frame is what is killing me.  I know I could do much better if I had more time.  I have less than 5 days left to study so time to get off the computer and back to the MASS study guide book.  124 pages long.

deskaiser

« Reply #28 on: Feb 06, 2011, 10:12 »
PM sent.  Thank you.

Offline mike78756

• Light User
« Reply #29 on: Feb 06, 2011, 10:25 »
Hey deskaiser I too am taking the Mass/Poss in about a week. I understand your nervousness. Which site are you taking it for? You can PM me if you'd like.

Hey bb do you mind sending those to me as well?

deskaiser

« Reply #30 on: Feb 16, 2011, 07:14 »
I passed the MASS test.  The next day, the job posting was cancelled.  Oh well.

Many thanks to all who helped me out.  I'm studying for the POSS test for next time.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #31 on: Feb 17, 2011, 06:14 »
I passed the MASS test.  The next day, the job posting was cancelled.  Oh well.

Many thanks to all who helped me out.  I'm studying for the POSS test for next time.

Good luck! the mass and poss are pretty  similar. The poss is a smidge harder, but if you pass the MASS you can pass the poss ( thats a tongue twister and a half haha)

bulldog

Re: Poss/Mass Just Passed
« Reply #32 on: Feb 17, 2011, 08:35 »
Callaway plant is the one I want to get on with.

deskaiser

« Reply #33 on: Feb 17, 2011, 06:52 »
Thanks!  I'm pretty pumped up as I studied like heck for the MASS/POSS test.  I was worried about the math portion but when the test started, it turned out to be a conversion table!!??  The utility told me the MASS test is valid for all utilites that use the EEI tests and I can sign a release and have the results sent to any utility.   Well worth the effort to know I can pass it under stress.  Many thanks to the members on this forum.  Great people here.

Offline allie

• Lurker
« Reply #34 on: Mar 08, 2011, 09:56 »
Does any company give the eei test or do you have to be invited to take it.  Can you pay to take it any where in US?  My relative took it and failed and that company makes you wait 6 months.  Does any know?

MacGyver

« Reply #35 on: Mar 08, 2011, 01:22 »
Does any company give the eei test or do you have to be invited to take it.  Can you pay to take it any where in US?  My relative took it and failed and that company makes you wait 6 months.  Does any know?

Yes, if they require it and No if they do not
/or/
Yes. 
No. 
Yes.

drayer54

« Reply #36 on: Mar 10, 2011, 09:00 »
I bet if you look around that little box labeled "search" You could POSSIBLY find a little bit more information. I think this has been covered AT LEAST once before... MAYBE twice, that may be stretching it though......
Your "relative" is better off moving on and applying to other places. Waiting around for six months is kinda dumb.
You cant "pay" to take the poss.  
I think that NW should have a standard fail response for people who jump on here and ask a question without ever searching for the answer. Although
I do get a kick out of the veterans smashing people for not finding that button and just assuming everyone is standing by to help them with a never thought of question....
« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2013, 06:35 by Rennhack »

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #37 on: Mar 10, 2011, 09:35 »
I do get a kick out of the veterans smashing people for not finding that button and just assuming everyone is standing by to help them with a never thought of question....

Think of it as our "social networking" tool....we're just trying to weed out the flubbers early!

Offline cwieand

• Very Lite User
Is the AEP MASS/POSS the same as the EEI MASS/POSS?
« Reply #38 on: Apr 13, 2011, 09:18 »
I am going to take the MASS and the POSS test on Wednesday of next week for a possible internship at Cook Nuclear Power Plant. I was informed today in one of my energy production classes that AEP does not use the traditional MASS/POSS tests. Is this true? Should I continue to study the practice EEI tests and Practice ASVAB tests? Any advice you may have would be appreciated. Thank you

Cycoticpenguin

Re: Is the AEP MASS/POSS the same as the EEI MASS/POSS?
« Reply #39 on: Apr 13, 2011, 09:35 »
considering the POSS and MASS are standardized tests given by one company, Id assume they were all pretty similar... It wont hurt to practice the EEI tests regardless.

Offline cwieand

• Very Lite User
« Reply #40 on: Apr 13, 2011, 10:43 »
Ok that is what I was thinking. thank you

Offline azkidd

• RP Tech (Housemouse)
  • Moderate User
  • We Nationalize Banks!!
« Reply #41 on: Apr 13, 2011, 11:12 »
I have taken it three times.  Go ahead and study the practice tests.  However, keep in mind;  the whole idea is that these tests are timed.  You are only graded on the questions that you answer, and of those answers, the ones that are correct.  If you find yourself spending any time on a question, move on to the next.  When you complete the test, use your time you have left to attempt the questions you skipped.  That is the main problem people have taking these tests.  You are not penalized for the questions you do not attempt to answer.  I passed all three, never studied.  Studying for these tests can make you apprehensive, worried, and nervous.  Now, I am not suggesting that you do not look into what type of questions there are, but don't worry about having to spend so much time performing practice tests.  Just a hint.  Good Luck!

Offline cwieand

• Very Lite User
« Reply #42 on: Apr 14, 2011, 09:03 »
Thank you. I'll be sure to let you guys know how I do.

Offline VVilly

• Very Lite User
MASS/POSS combo test.
« Reply #43 on: Jul 29, 2011, 12:42 »
So I took a Mass/Poss combo test through EEI in February and I failed it. From my understanding depending on where you are at you can take these tests again you just have to wait 90 days or so.

My question, since I failed the tests will this hurt my chances of getting a job at a plant? The reason I ask is about a month ago I applied for a job at the Zion Nuclear Plant and never heard back from them.

I got to thinking back to my test results and remembered filling out a sheet of paper of the US and the different plants I would like my scores to be sent to. I only checked a few boxes/states not sure which ones now.

Than I read this post on here saying
EEI test results are only good for 7 years.

If this is true am I screwed from getting jobs in those states I check boxed?

MacGyver

Re: MASS/POSS combo test.
« Reply #44 on: Jul 29, 2011, 08:50 »
So I took a Mass/Poss combo test through EEI in February and I failed it. From my understanding depending on where you are at you can take these tests again you just have to wait 90 days or so.

My question, since I failed the tests will this hurt my chances of getting a job at a plant? The reason I ask is about a month ago I applied for a job at the Zion Nuclear Plant and never heard back from them.

I got to thinking back to my test results and remembered filling out a sheet of paper of the US and the different plants I would like my scores to be sent to. I only checked a few boxes/states not sure which ones now.

Than I read this post on here saying
If this is true am I screwed from getting jobs in those states I check boxed?

You've got nothing to worry about (except passing the test).

It will only be a problem for the same utility you tested at and failed.  You can immediately take the test again with another (i.e. different) utility.  Though you might want to figure out where you need to do better first.

Currently,
1.  You are fine for any other utility that you have applied for as long as you haven't failed it their too (in the last 90 days). 
2.  You will not be asked if you have taken it and passed / failed by another utility.
3.  If this is for the same utility then you will be waiting.
4.  Past failures don't count as long as you have a current passing test on file.

Offline VVilly

• Very Lite User
« Reply #45 on: Jul 29, 2011, 01:11 »
Thanks for the info, this puts my mind at ease. At least until I have to take the test again.

Offline VVilly

• Very Lite User
« Reply #46 on: Jul 29, 2011, 06:40 »
You say this

If this is for the same utility then you will be waiting.

So what exactly do you mean, how long will I be waiting... 90 days so I could take it again that is if there is a position open for me to take the test.

I should have mentioned this earlier but I did not take the MASS/POSS combo at a facility I took it at my college through EEI. I had to pay $30 to take it.

Offline wagnerag

• Very Lite User
Additional POSS Practice Exams
« Reply #47 on: Aug 26, 2011, 02:35 »
Hello everybody,

I am taking the POSS test with Duke Energy in a few weeks have been studying for the test. However, the only practice exams I can find are on the eei.org website. Does anyone know where I can find additional practice exams? Thanks in advance! 

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
Re: Additional POSS Practice Exams
« Reply #48 on: Aug 26, 2011, 04:40 »
Searching in the" poss' section would make a lot of sense to me.

MacGyver

« Reply #49 on: Aug 26, 2011, 08:14 »
So would answering his question, *sigh*.  No, that's it (re: test banks for the EEI POSS/MASS).

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?