Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu MASS (Power Plant Maintenance Positions Selection System) Archive

Author Topic: MASS (Power Plant Maintenance Positions Selection System) Archive  (Read 155122 times)

Offline dheaney

• Very Lite User
Re: Question about MASS test
« Reply #75 on: Feb 07, 2012, 12:28 »
Thanks Starkist.  I bought the study guide from http://www.mo-media.com/mass/ and was able to all the sections in the allotted time while only missing 1 - 3 a section.  Also have Barron's Mechanical Aptitude and Spatial Relations Test book that I've been studying but from what I see the only thing this book helped with was giving some more spacial relations assembly questions.  Also from what I see on the practice tests I've done the Mechanical Aptitude section of the test will be pretty easy and basic.  Does it change at all in the real test? Or is it the same format like ask a simple question about pulleys with a picture and answer A, B, Or C?  I'm feeling decently confident about time and overall knowledge..... just memorizing conversions now.

Thanks again.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #76 on: Feb 07, 2012, 03:27 »
Most of the questions are the same from what I remember. I took the MASS, POSS, and TECH in a two week span. The MASS and POSS were incredibly similar. Tech was stupid easy. (Not what you asked, just sayin I may be "Cross threading"). I just used standard online practice tests. The questions were about the same, perhaps slightly more difficult, but not ridiculous (just MORE of them obviously).  Conversions are a VERY small part of the test, dont freak out about it.

These arent tests to determine your knowledge, these are tests to determine your grace under pressure. Ive said it several times, its 7th grade math, 5th grade assembly, 3rd grade graphing. Its all about the time crunch.

Offline Papa Nuc

• Moderate User
« Reply #77 on: Feb 07, 2012, 03:30 »
Its very easy, and just like the example test.  I would practice doing long division by hand, since you likely haven't done that lately.  There is a good tip somewhere on this forum for the table reading section.  Make a straight edge by folding a sheet of scrap paper over in half twice.  Use that to speedily read across a row on the table without losing your place.  You can also use it to read the graphs although I found that to be distracting.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #78 on: Feb 07, 2012, 05:11 »
p.s. regarding the math, if you get stuck, all the answers are on the multiple choice answers. If you get stuck, move on, and if you have time, go back and plug and chug. Works well for the algebra sections if you can work fast.

Offline drewcrew

• Lurker
Re: MASS TEst Scores and HAZWOPER Info
« Reply #79 on: Jun 30, 2012, 07:43 »
Can you give me some samples of what questions is on it because i take it next week

Offline dheaney

• Very Lite User
« Reply #80 on: Jul 28, 2012, 11:25 »
I know this is a little old but I passed my MASS test and got accepted into my local college's nuclear program following the mechanical track.  My orientation is on Tuesday and I AM PUMPED!  Thanks for the all of the help, the test was very easy as most said.
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2012, 11:00 by dheaney »

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #81 on: Jul 28, 2012, 11:39 »
I know this is a little old but I passed my MASS test and got excepted into my local college's nuclear program following the mechanical track.  My orientation is on Tuesday and I AM PUMPED!  Thanks for the all of the help, the test was very easy as most said.

Way to go! congrats!
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #82 on: Jul 30, 2012, 11:44 »
Congratulations and thanks for the update, old or not.  +K
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline MJ193S

• Lurker
Mass/Poss Testing
« Reply #83 on: Aug 08, 2012, 04:03 »
I am preparing to take the poss/mass test, but I need some study notes. Any help

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Mass/Poss Testing
« Reply #84 on: Aug 08, 2012, 04:07 »
I am preparing to take the poss/mass test, but I need some study notes. Any help

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,14894.msg101893.html#msg101893

Offline eaton1981

• Moderate User
« Reply #85 on: Aug 08, 2012, 08:03 »
I got my Poss results back today. I passed!

I used EEI's practice exam on their website to practice, as well as a book on Amazon's Kindle store.

For the most part, anything you read on these forums are legit pieces of advice. Follow them.

Note: I only finished 2 of the sections, but still passed.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #86 on: Aug 09, 2012, 02:35 »
I got my Poss results back today. I passed!

Congrats!  :)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Wade17

• Lurker
How to recover massposs scores?
« Reply #87 on: Nov 27, 2012, 07:42 »
Hey guys, Iv been a long time creeper of the site learning and studying little odds and ends. But at the moment I am in a dilemma, Iv managed to lose my massposs scores due to a very foolish email accident (phone in pocket, deleted entire inbox) I passed both mass and poss sections on the 1st try and am very eager to get a job in the nuke world, so my question to you is, how do i retrieve the scores to this test? any help would be appreciated!

Offline zumieboy

• Lurker
has anyone used the power plant maintenance study guide?
« Reply #88 on: Nov 30, 2012, 09:00 »
i need all the help i can get for taking the MASS test is the power plant maintenance selection system secrets study guide any good?  thanks in advance
« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2012, 12:15 by zumieboy »

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline ddickey

• Moderate User
POSS/MASS
« Reply #90 on: Dec 30, 2012, 12:17 »
Taking the POSS/MASS soon. Is this one test or two seperate ones. In other words, will there be one of each section or two? I think 4 hours have been set aside to take the test. The time of each section doesn't match up for that amount of time.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: POSS/MASS
« Reply #91 on: Dec 30, 2012, 04:08 »
Taking the POSS/MASS soon. Is this one test or two seperate ones. In other words, will there be one of each section or two? I think 4 hours have been set aside to take the test. The time of each section doesn't match up for that amount of time.

Why worry about the time, I'd worry about passing the test. Are you in a hurry or a race or something?

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,34980.0.html

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,35298.msg165724.html#msg165724

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
Re: POSS/MASS
« Reply #92 on: Dec 30, 2012, 07:23 »

POSS and MASS are separate tests. So, if you are taking both, you would duplicate similar sections.

My guess (from the 4 hour time limit) is that they'll actually only have you take one or the other.  They might have just sent you a form letter that lists both so the HR people don't have to figure out which one you are actually scheduled for...?

Good luck with the test!  :)

modified for spelling
« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2013, 11:43 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline ddickey

• Moderate User
POSS/MASS conversion question
« Reply #93 on: Jan 03, 2013, 09:54 »
I'm making some flashcards for unit conversions. Any suggestions on learning odd measurements I should learn. Besides the basics I have rod, fathoms, furlong, hand, shackle, gill, barrel, chain and a few more. Am I overdoing it or no.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: POSS/MASS conversion question
« Reply #94 on: Jan 03, 2013, 10:07 »
How many barleycorns in an Angstrom? ;)

Offline ddickey

• Moderate User
Re: POSS/MASS conversion question
« Reply #95 on: Jan 04, 2013, 11:27 »
Ah ok, I will make a few more cards.

Offline ddickey

• Moderate User
MAPP/POSS line tracing
« Reply #96 on: Jan 07, 2013, 10:09 »
DO either one of these consist of any line tracing tests?

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
Re: MAPP/POSS line tracing
« Reply #97 on: Jan 07, 2013, 08:02 »
DO either one of these consist of any line tracing tests?

Are you asking about the MAPP?  ...or the MASS? 

If the former, I don't know.

If the latter, no, it and the POSS do not have any lines to trace.

Good luck!  :)

Offline ddickey

• Moderate User
Re: MAPP/POSS line tracing
« Reply #98 on: Jan 08, 2013, 10:30 »
Yes I meant the MASS. Thanks

Offline mnorton1228

• Very Lite User
POSS/MASS and TECH results retrieval
« Reply #99 on: Mar 01, 2013, 10:50 »
Hello all. I took the POSSMASS and TECH tests for the Southern Company last semester as I am currently going to school to be an I&C Tech. I am currently trying to get a hold of my test results to use for application with other employers. I know that I passed both of the tests. Although I would absolutely love getting on with the Southern Company I realize that things dont always work out perfectly and I have noticed that several other employers such as the TVA require that you also pass these tests.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any answers. I talked with the HR guy that has been in contact with us and he informed me that he couldn't get me my results because they are only given results as either Pass or Fail.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?