Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Navy Trained, KAPL employed

Author Topic: Navy Trained, KAPL employed  (Read 5221 times)

landlubber

Navy Trained, KAPL employed
« on: Jun 16, 2007, 11:24 »
I have over 15 years with KAPL, including over 10 operating, maintaining and training sailors on one of the last Prototypes at KSO. I also spent several years in engineering coordinating maintenance outages. I am Engineer qualified by NR, and was the Operations Manager for one plant. For the past 2 years I have been designing the power plant that will go on our next class of nuke boats. Can I find a commercial nuke job that will fit my skills by looking at the job postings, or should I try a headhunter?
« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2007, 12:28 by landlubber »

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
Re: Navy Trained, KAPL employed
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2007, 06:57 »
This is one of the rare cases that might be a good case for a headhunter. But I would recommend trying the other route first (because so many on this board have found headhunters just talking a good talk without getting good job offers).

There are definitely jobs out there for people that can schedule outages. I don't know the software used by KAPL, but if it is anywhere similar to P-3 (Primavera?) then you have a big leg up.

It is a little early for new plant design, but a great time to get your feet wet in commercial nukes. You might also consider DOE (if generating power isn't your only goal).
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #2 on: Jun 17, 2007, 04:27 »
Another KAPL employee jumping ship? :) Goodluck.

Justin

landlubber

« Reply #3 on: Jun 17, 2007, 11:08 »
Another KAPL employee jumping ship? :) Goodluck.

Justin

Yeah, but I am not like most. I made it all the way through the pipeline before jumping. Just dumb, I guess.

Chip Horton

« Reply #4 on: Jul 28, 2007, 01:48 »
I am the Head of Training for an eight unit site in Ontario.  Want to talk?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?