Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu The MMPI and Depression

Author Topic: The MMPI and Depression  (Read 29941 times)

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
Re: The MMPI and Depression
« Reply #25 on: Jun 28, 2007, 12:51 »
3) I AM IN!!!  I am "Medically Qualified" but not "Qualified", as it was explained to me over the phone.  Basically, I am qualified to start work, go to licensing class and ultimately get licensed.  But, unlike you lucky SOB's who do not have anything wrong with you, I must submit my temple of a body to the medical director for periodic(on top of the biennial requirement) probings to verify my "parameters are still within spec and normalized".  If my parameters go out of spec, then they red circle me and place me out of commission.

If you get a license, but then are medically not qualified, your employer would love to keep you as an instructor. The odds of them not allowing you to license are slim; but some power-hungry medical types like to hold that power. I don't know about that particular site, but at most sites you would see that jerk gone before you have complete training, with a less difficult person in their place.

No offense, but the cream of the crop from med school don't line up at the gates of the nuke plant to get a job performing mini-physicals.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

alphacookie

« Reply #26 on: Jun 28, 2007, 03:21 »
If you get a license, but then are medically not qualified, your employer would love to keep you as an instructor. The odds of them not allowing you to license are slim; but some power-hungry medical types like to hold that power. I don't know about that particular site, but at most sites you would see that jerk gone before you have complete training, with a less difficult person in their place.

No offense, but the cream of the crop from med school don't line up at the gates of the nuke plant to get a job performing mini-physicals.

It is funny you mentioned the instructor position.  That is what I applied for in the first place(non licensed instructor), along with another position.  SRO was not even on my mind at the time.  During the plant tour portion of my interview, I met the Ops Manager and had a brief discussion with him.  The next thing I know, I am being asked if I would consider an SRO instant position.  I said yes, interviewed some more and was hired.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #27 on: Jun 28, 2007, 04:15 »
Then this is a win-win situation for you. Congratulations!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

alphadude

« Reply #28 on: Jun 29, 2007, 03:33 »
I guess the SRO burn out rate is still the same.. never knew a plant that wasnt looking for SROs.

Offline nuke_girl

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #29 on: Jul 22, 2007, 12:40 »
I used to be so fatigued and low energy..always worked night shift..because i couldnt get up in the mornings ..thought i was depressed but i went in for a physical and found out i was hypoglycemic..now i monitor my blood sugar...have juice when i need it ..and adjusted my diet..im fine..suprising how the bodys needs can affect your state of mind :)

Beercourt ..i was touched by your honesty..shows a willingness to expose yourself for the sole purpose of helping another person. You have a tremendous depth of character. Im so glad i have nukeworker :)

Kath
:)
It is better to light one small candle..than to curse the darkness

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?