Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Chief of the boat honeypot

Author Topic: Chief of the boat  (Read 39089 times)

JustinHEMI05

Re: Chief of the boat
« Reply #25 on: Jan 26, 2008, 03:19 »
Thanks taterhead, dd and honecomb for sticking up for my post.  :)

There are so many things about that movie that get to me.  First, the name. (it's an Auburn thing).  Then the dog peeing in the missile compartment.  Being a former Strategic Weapons Officer, I can't imagine seeing a dog in my "house" much less relieving himself on my tubes.
The Weps and the CO are the only two people on the sub with combos to the "keys".  No one on the boat knows the other combo.
I hate the bus seen where the O-gangers bust on the E-5 and then make him do push-ups.  :(  I did use push-ups as "training tools", but only when my TMs dropped wrenches at Battlestations...that will get you shot.
So, how do I get this post back to the topic, well, the COB on the movie wore a 1/2 inch gold band on his cover.  This is used only on officer covers.

At least they got one thing right... all skippers wear their TLDs on the outside of their belts... not double captured. :) At least thats the way it was with my 5 COs. :)

Justin

PS This is also true of Down Periscope and The Hunt for Red October.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #26 on: Jan 26, 2008, 07:06 »
When did double capturing start?

I have no idea. :)

Justin

PapaBear765

« Reply #27 on: Jan 27, 2008, 12:41 »
At least they got one thing right... all skippers wear their TLDs on the outside of their belts... not double captured. :) At least thats the way it was with my 5 COs. :)

Justin

PS This is also true of Down Periscope and The Hunt for Red October.

Would everyone agree that an "accurate sub movie" would consist of combining the shenanigans of Down Periscope with the monotony of Das Boot.  I had to stop watching after 20 mins, it was too realistically boring.

Offline trollarc

• Light User
« Reply #28 on: Aug 20, 2009, 04:51 »
Yeah the little dog thing would be impossible. The MAs wouldnt let even a captain take a dog down. But if they did, I guarentee that if the dog had hair when it went underway, it would not have hair after halfway night. In fact, if I had gone out to sea with someone's dog, I would have purchased nair just for the occasion (after shaving the dog use it to make it less likely to grow back).

ziphaa

« Reply #29 on: Nov 25, 2009, 08:33 »
The Chief of the Watch (COW) is Responsible for coordinating shipboard evolutions such as housekeeping, watchstanding, wake-ups, etc. Also controls the BCP (ballast control panel) while underway.
He is in charge of going to his rack, being seven section, and blaming maneuvering for sinking out at PD.
 :)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?