Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Navy Officer with 20+ years retiring with questions about the industry honeypot

Author Topic: Navy Officer with 20+ years retiring with questions about the industry  (Read 25569 times)

JustinHEMI05

Congratulations and good luck. And thank YOU for helping me realize that holding onto bitterness and anger for something that couldn't possibly affect me anymore was just a waste of time and energy!

Justin

B.PRESGROVE

Karma to you NaVLI4 for being such a positive influence on everyone around you.  Just from reading your post a year ago and the latest ones you will be a great asset to any company.  Best of luck to you and your family.

Offline rumrunner

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
For what it's worth....

In my career with TVA at Browns Ferry I saw five former Navy Nuc officers pass through the leadership.  All of them ended up failing although they mostly made out on the money end of it....we called them carpetbaggers.  One made it to senior VP and was universally despised for the way he abused the troops - he was finally fired when a more thoughtful regime took control of the agency.   Another was a former submarine CO.  He was an abysmal failure as a plant manager. The other three officers that I know of were O-3's in the Navy and they also met with failure with TVA.  The common reason for this was their desire to use Navy-style management in a civilian world.  One of these guys was fifth in his class at Annapolis.  He wanted people to kiss his class ring I guess, but it didn't work that way.

Bottom line - leave the Navy behind and use your management skills in a non-military fashion and you'll be happy.  Play Navy games and you'll be ejected.
Dave

B.PRESGROVE

I have to agree with that statement.  Military style management is fine in the military, but not in the civilian world.  People dont blindly obey in the civy world they want to know why, and if its not good enough there are always other oportunities.

Fermi2

rumrunner, I met NaVLI4. I can vouch for him, definitely not your typical Naval Officer.

Mike
« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2008, 01:47 by Broadzilla »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

What a crock of BS

rumrunner, I met NaVLI4. I can vouch for him, definitely not your typical Naval Officer.

Mike

I have heard and seen this kind of tribute from other veterans and it was always meant to honor the individual. Your opinion in this case is the crock.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
HMMM...BZ after looking closely did you quote the wrong post?

Fermi2

HMMM...BZ after looking closely did you quote the wrong post?

Holy heck. It was 4am. I have no idea what I was doing! Nothing posted was a crock! I have no idea why I quoted anything!!

Mike

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired

Holy heck. It was 4am. I have no idea what I was doing! Nothing posted was a crock! I have no idea why I quoted anything!!

Mike

Sounds like someone just ran afoul of the new NRC changes to 10CFR26 re: licensee fatigue and FFD...   :P

Fermi2

mlslstephens

So, for all those people who continually surf NW, looking for people to help, I thank you and I look forward to beginning my second career very soon and hopefully meeting some of you in person.

Well, it is official.  I received a formal offer today from TVA and I'm excited about the future.  Again, thanks to everyone who freely give of theirselves to help others learn more about our community.  Your inputs were extremely valuable to me as I searched for my options in the industry.

BZ, I'm coming home!  ... Home sweet home to me. Good ole rocky top, rocky top Tennessee, rocky top Tennessee.   :)

JustinHEMI05

Congratulations!!!! Sounds like you got exactly what you were looking for. Very happy for you.

Justin

Offline War Eagle

• Moderate User
  • PWR SRO
Congrats, Mike! Looks like we may be neighbors by the end of the year!

B.PRESGROVE

WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOO  HHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO! Excellent, I hope you go far my friend and love your new job.  Keep us informed of your progress.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?